• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DRI moved up to regular forum status!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Since we are super close to 1000 threads, and have actually crossed 10,000 posts...to end 2018 I went ahead and moved DRI to its own main forum category!

Congrats on all the DRI owners who helped grow this forum from scratch! We hope it continues to be a wonderful resource for Diamond and Embarc owners moving forward!

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Yeah.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Who is the moderator?

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe we can help Just one person with this new forum.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

midnight1

TUG Member
Reaction score
wonderful....been an owner since sunterra back in 2003....we have 20,000 points and love using our membership.....haven't traded thru II at all yet since we find that we have enough choices with all the different resorts/locations that Diamond currently has......our only issue/complaint/request is that they would buy/partner with a timeshare in northern Wisconsin (i can do Great Wolf Lodges cheaper not using Diamond and really don't have any interest in them at this point) since we are from WI but we understand that the use times are more limited in the northern states than the southern states.....where has everyone gone so far - we are always interested in going to new places....2 places for sure is going to be Hawaii & San Luis Bay and would love to here recommendations regarding which resorts/time frame is best......we have been to Cabo Azul, Cypress Pointe, Mystic Dunes, Polynesian, Grand Villas, Cove on Ormond Beach, Bent Creek, The Falls, Polo Towers Villas, Historic Powhatan, Greensprings, Scottsdale Links & Scottsdale Village Mirage.

thanks - paul

skimeup

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Inn at the Opera, Grand;view for RCI points - 196000 , Hyatt Carmel, Hyatt Sedona
Since we are super close to 1000 threads, and have actually crossed 10,000 posts...to end 2018 I went ahead and moved DRI to its own main forum category!

Congrats on all the DRI owners who helped grow this forum from scratch! We hope it continues to be a wonderful resource for Diamond and Embarc owners moving forward!

I thought Embarc was part of the Marriott system? Why is this connected to DRI?

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought Embarc was part of the Marriott system? Why is this connected to DRI?
Because Diamond Resorts bought all Club Intrawest resorts and the management of that club in 2016 and renamed all those resorts Embarc xxxx.
If you go to the Embarc web site, https://embarcresorts.com/ and you look at the bottom of the page, you will see this: Copyright 2018 Diamond Resorts Holdings, LLC. All rights reserved. Unauthorized duplication is a violation of applicable state, federal and international laws

rboesl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Will this be all things DRI? I ask because the DRI Facebook group is dominated by European posts.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will this be all things DRI? I ask because the DRI Facebook group is dominated by European posts.

1) As far as I know anything related to Diamond Resorts can be discussed here.

2) There are three members' facebook groups.

"Diamond Resorts Members Group" has the largest membership, of which about 35-40% are Europeans (98% from the UK). But it seems they post most of the messages.

"Diamond Resorts Friends WorldWide" is a smaller group, philosophically opposed to the excessive rules found in the first mentioned group. The membership and the messages seem to be about 50/50 European-North American.

"Diamond Resorts US Friends" does not permit discussions about European membership issues, although there is some discussion of European resorts.

Links for all three groups are in Youppi's signature above.

rboesl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Thanks. Was not aware there was 3 different groups.

jerry1050

TUG Member
Reaction score
wonderful....been an owner since sunterra back in 2003....we have 20,000 points and love using our membership.....haven't traded thru II at all yet since we find that we have enough choices with all the different resorts/locations that Diamond currently has......our only issue/complaint/request is that they would buy/partner with a timeshare in northern Wisconsin (i can do Great Wolf Lodges cheaper not using Diamond and really don't have any interest in them at this point) since we are from WI but we understand that the use times are more limited in the northern states than the southern states.....where has everyone gone so far - we are always interested in going to new places....2 places for sure is going to be Hawaii & San Luis Bay and would love to here recommendations regarding which resorts/time frame is best......we have been to Cabo Azul, Cypress Pointe, Mystic Dunes, Polynesian, Grand Villas, Cove on Ormond Beach, Bent Creek, The Falls, Polo Towers Villas, Historic Powhatan, Greensprings, Scottsdale Links & Scottsdale Village Mirage.

thanks - paul
I just went to Sedona Summit and highly recommend it- just ask for a suite away from hiway. It’s about 2 hours from Phoenix and another world. Beautiful surroundings, great hiking, walking, shopping, lots of tours and places to go. The Summit is on the edge of town, near everything. One other DRI resort is more centrally located but I don’t think it has the full kitchens or washer/dryers en suite. Loved the Summit, staff was great! Was a Sunterra owner too.

dandjane1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Walk (Platinum UDI) Wyndham Access (Platinum trust), Wyndham National Harbor (Platinum UDI), HGVC Deed at Kingsland, HI, HGV Max (Premiere Plus) Trust
I just went to Sedona Summit and highly recommend it- just ask for a suite away from hiway. It’s about 2 hours from Phoenix and another world. Beautiful surroundings, great hiking, walking, shopping, lots of tours and places to go. The Summit is on the edge of town, near everything. One other DRI resort is more centrally located but I don’t think it has the full kitchens or washer/dryers en suite. Loved the Summit, staff was great! Was a Sunterra owner too.

We've been staying at Los Abrigados since 2010, and while it went thru a bad period around 2013, by 2016 it came on strong, with much updating being done. It's in the same area as Tlaquepaque, which is always interesting, and (the resort) is right on the river, and has a huge pool. A little further out of town is Bell Rock Inn, with the friendliest staff anywhere, and killer views of Bell Rock, excellent hiking, and large units.

dandjane1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Walk (Platinum UDI) Wyndham Access (Platinum trust), Wyndham National Harbor (Platinum UDI), HGVC Deed at Kingsland, HI, HGV Max (Premiere Plus) Trust
We stayed 2 weeks in DRI's Cabo Azul resort earlier this month, and for those who intend to visit there in the future, and are willing to subject themselves to a sales weasel "presentation", here are just some of the recent tactics to watch out for: (This is my response to DRI when they sought my feedback)
Comments on the 05 December 2018 Cabo Azul “Presentation”

1. It was falsely stated that the additional 7,500 points I purchased in August 2018 were only valid for ten (10) years! There was reportedly a small "T" on the contract (!) This "error" was supposedly cleared up by your Cabo Azul Rep. "making a Corporate phone call. (!) FIB!
2. It was falsely stated that DRI was instituting a new separate division called the "Luxury Collection", which would absorb resorts like Cabo Azul and others, and in which my U.S. Collection points would not be accepted. I was pressured to "Convert" my 47,500 by buying new points at a much more expensive price per point, in this "New" Collection.
3.It was falsely stated that Wyndham was "making noises" like they would no longer work with DRI on the "Club Combo", so pressure to buy additional points was exerted. Wyndham does not care what I do with my points, so this effort was again, a FIB!

What could be done to improve the Diamond Experience?

Better align the points values for cruises to reflect their value per maintenance fees paid on them, e.g., 11,000 points for a Caribbean 5-night, non-balcony, lower deck, 2-port cruise with no on-board credits is extremely expensive!

Those who endure a "presentation", beware!

LauriBuck

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
My ownership goes back to Embassy Vacation Resorts era. We originally purchased at Grand Beach. Being from MO, we've frequently go to the Suites at Fall Creek in Branson. Unfortunately, I purchased several upgrades before I found TUG. That means that I have 40,000 points yearly, which I always save and usually end up having enough points that are expiring, that I need to do a marathon booking session in October. I need to plan ahead and do more bookings throughout the year, so I have a better choice. But I think I've found some pretty good trades through II. This is what I currently have booked:
Vacation Villas at Bonaventure - Jan. 4 - 11th, 2019 - 2B - Phase II
Marriott's Grand Vista (Orlando) - Jan. 11th - 18th, 2019 - 2B
Cedar Breaks Lodge & Spa - Mar. 9th - 16, 2019 -1B (I could have done better if I had booked this one as an internal exchange, but I couldn't do that using points that were expiring at the end of 2018 and I wanted these dates & this location.)
Eagles at Sugarbush (Vermont) - Aug. 17th - 24th, 2019 - 2B
Marriott's Streamside at Vail - Douglas - Sep. 20 - 27th, 2019 - 2B
Coconut Mallory Marina & Resort (Key West) - Apr. 17th - 24th, 2020 - 2B
Simpson Bay Resort & Marina (St. Maarten) - Jun 27th - July 4th, 2020 - 1B

Then we found a resort that we wanted in New Orleans through Diamonds Club Select - The Quarter House - Apr 27th - May 4th, 2019. I opted to use cash instead of points as that was the better deal.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you used The Club points to exchange into Embrac Resorts?

cali-gal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Ka'anapali Beach Club (Diamond)

Thank you, I have been hoping for this for some time!