• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Due to Injury=Need to give /sell Krystal International Vacation Club puerto vallarta studio

rbkraft

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
After 4 back operations -90% rods in my back--Need to give /sell Krystal International Vacation Club puerto vallarta studio have 20 years left.
I have no clue how to do this--The resort wants $1300.00+ to deed it back.
Prefer someone to do what is needed. Please share with me what to do--who to use to get rid of it.
Thanks
Rick

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Mexican Vacation Clubs are RTU not deeded ownership- you can likely just stop paying them and they will terminate your membership eventually. Assuming the initial purchase is paid off and its just yearly maintenance fees there is unlikely to be a credit hit for stopping payments. If you still have a loan on the initial purchase that may be a different story- particularly if the loan is through a US Lender, then they will likely report the delinquency to the credit bureaus.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You have other problems in your life than just a timeshare. Abandon it. Stop paying. They'll get the message and cancel this 'membership'. Prepare for them to make some noises about ruining your credit and so forth, but since there is no deed to give back, it's unlikely that any potential creditor looking over your credit report would consider a default of a Mexican timeshare anything but a good thing. It frees up your money (and credit) for other, more useful needs.

Last edited:

rbkraft

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mexican Vacation Clubs are RTU not deeded ownership- you can likely just stop paying them and they will terminate your membership eventually. Assuming the initial purchase is paid off and its just yearly maintenance fees there is unlikely to be a credit hit for stopping payments. If you still have a loan on the initial purchase that may be a different story- particularly if the loan is through a US Lender, then they will likely report the delinquency to the credit bureaus.

Thanks very much

rbkraft

TUG Member
Reaction score
You have other problems in your life than just a timeshare. Abandon it. Stop paying. They'll get the message and cancel this 'membership'. Prepare for them to make some noises about ruining your credit and so forth, but since there is no deed to give back, it's unlikely that any potential creditor looking over your credit report would consider a default of a Mexican timeshare anything but a good thing. It frees up your money (and credit) for other, more useful needs.

thanks very much-This really helps
rick

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks very much-This really helps
rick
You're welcome. Keep us informed. We'd REALLY like to know if Mexican resorts actually DO try to use the legal system to collect. We strongly suspect they do not, because nobody who defaults ever comes back and tells us. This leads us to believe that ultimately, they write it off, cancel the membership and go find another tourist to sell the week to.

Antunalu

Reaction score
You're welcome. Keep us informed. We'd REALLY like to know if Mexican resorts actually DO try to use the legal system to collect. We strongly suspect they do not, because nobody who defaults ever comes back and tells us. This leads us to believe that ultimately, they write it off, cancel the membership and go find another tourist to sell the week to.
I got scammed into purchasing a timeshare in Krystal (said it would be an investment)in 2010. I had Profeco go to 5 hearings for me with no luck and mainly because I didn't rescind within 5 days. I did end up paying it off but never sent them another dime. Never paid a maintenance fee. I got one bill in 2012 and put it right in the trash. Haven't heard from them since.

mosebun2131

Reaction score
[Please take this to private message - we don't allow transactions in the discussion forums.

To send a private message, click on the poster's blue user name and then click START A CONVERSATION.]

Last edited by a moderator:

rbkraft

TUG Member
Reaction score
[Please take this to private message - we don't allow transactions in the discussion forums.

To send a private message, click on the poster's blue user name and then click START A CONVERSATION.]

Last edited by a moderator: