TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

DVC trading?

Discussion in 'Disney Vacation Club - DVC' started by bdurstta, Dec 5, 2017.

1. bdurstta

bdurstta Guest

Any web site where DVC members list for possible trades to non-DVC locations? Like DVC's interested in Marriott, Hyatt, HGVC, etc?

elleny76 likes this.
  2. bnoble

bnoble TUG Member

I don't think so. The rental market for DVC is robust enough that most owners who are willing to do even a little work can get a good price and use the cash to rent whatever they want.

3. Dean

Dean TUG Member

Private trades are possible both with other DVC members to trade out for home resort and with non DVC owners. But in reality it's not very feasible. There isn't much incentive to the DVC member to do so and the likelihood of it working out is very slim. This is partly because of the above issue, the fluidity to rent points. For non DVC resorts, other than the top options, matching up the reasonable amount of points is difficult since often the value of DVC is far more than the other option. Of course one can trade through RCI or through independent exchange companies as well.

4. Jason245

Jason245 TUG Member

Tug marketplace has a section specifically for exchanges.

Just make sure to specify what you want in the add for what you are offering. .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

5. fluke

fluke TUG Member

You can also try mouseowners.com.

They have a rent board that I believe you can put trades in. But make sure you read the rules as they are quick to ban you for infractions.

6. Dean

Dean TUG Member

Are you sure you'd not talking about disboards.com?

7. Railman83

Railman83 TUG Member

Unbelievably quick.

8. elaine

elaine TUG Member

both have rental/trade BB.

9. heathpack

heathpack Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I own both DVC and non-DVC timeshares.

The problems are:
    1. Many DVC owners don't even feel like they own a timeshare and they are suspicious of them in the way many people are
    2. Many DVC owners genuinely feel like anything else would be a step down in quality, their tastes are often very specific to DVC
    3. DVC points can be rented quickly, maybe in a day or two. So its easier to rent your points and then use the cash to stay in whatever accommodation you want

I own a small points contract at Grand Californian, annually I can (say) book a studio for a 3 night weekend in a pretty good season. Or I could rent those points out for around $1400 and use those to rent a timeshare or Air BnB. For $1400, I could get a pretty nice 1BR or 2BR timeshare for a week in a lot of locales. But if I offered to trade my 3 studio nights at VGC for someone's 2BR Marriott Tahoe September week (say), good chance they'd be insulted and unwilling to respond to me further. Plus all the time I'd take establishing trust with someone else. Its just easier to rent my points out and take the cash in the end.

10. elleny76

elleny76 Guest

Where Do you want to go?