• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

EBay seller: thetransfergroup

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I "bought" 1500 Shell Vacation points through them. (I say "bought" because I paid $11.50 and am supposed to get a $100 gift card when it closes and seller is paying all costs.)

Since it's a small amount of points and I'm only out $11.50 I'm not too distraught. However, got a call about a week ago because my deal was still open. Supposedly Shell had not gotten paperwork they sent me.

Called back the next day. Turned out the paperwork they needed is what I sent to The Transfer Group 6 weeks ago. It was sitting in my file. The "no longer employed here" person was blamed.

I understand mistakes happen. My annoyance is that the person they had look into my purchase (a good sign that they had some one check on still open items) clearly did not review the file and did not understand what was supposed to happen. If I hadn't called back it could have been another 6 weeks.

They (Donna) promised to forward the info to Shell that day. To soon to see any progress.

Up till this snafu they were pretty good. The extra 1500 points isn't going to make or break me so I'll just hold on and see what happens.

I don't feel they are scammers. Just maybe not too organized.

maggiesmom

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree, but very disorganized. No one seems to follow though. I made many calls and followed up with emails about the discussions . And still found that the canceled deed was still recorded.
Hope all works out for you.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Boy if the Wyndham Transfer Office out off Orlando is involved this may take a while. Checkout the Wyndham and Worldmark Sections for how slow Wyndham is these days. Talking 6 Months+ for relatively simple transfers.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Boy if the Wyndham Transfer Office out off Orlando is involved this may take a while. Checkout the Wyndham and Worldmark Sections for how slow Wyndham is these days. Talking 6 Months+ for relatively simple transfers.

Actually, bought some WM points and got them in my account in 2.5 months this summer.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
An update. I purchased my SVC points in August. The Transfer Group periodically calls and tells me I didn't send something to Shell. I clarify with them and they say, "Oh, yes. You sent it to us and we sent it to Shell."

Now they won't even return my calls.

At this point I just want to forget it.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have withdrawn my offer. Based on my experience I highly recommend NOT working with The Transfer Group.

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I went to the Better Business Bureau to complain. I should have looked earlier. They have an F rating from the BBB.

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis - 2
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
Oh no! I purchased from The Transfer Group the beginning of January and just emailed them on the status. I have not heard anything from them for over a month. Same deal, I paid $33.57 for a two bedroom (1-52) at SDO with free closing and transfer. Also supposed to get $250 back.

Has anyone else used them?

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
Well, my resort, Sheraton Desert Oasis, has been transferred to my name. My contract said I was supposed to receive the 2018 use. It did not, first usage is 2019. I have contacted them and have had no response. I would not recommend The Transfer Group. Is there any recourse for eBay buyers of timeshares?

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have withdrawn my offer. Based on my experience I highly recommend NOT working with The Transfer Group.

This post was from January about my purchase from last August. The Transfer Group assured me it was my right to end the deal.

Guess what just showed up in my Shell Vacations Club account?? The 1500 points I won the auction for in August 2017.

I won't hold my breathe for the $100 gift card that was due at closing.

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
I am still waiting for them to straighten out my timeshare purchase. No 2018 use week and no $250 visa card on closing, which was promised.

skotm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ive been waiting since July with them. They finally got my name on the deed on October 1st, and it was wrong, Im trying to get it fixed -- been sending follow-ups weekly and they no longer respond.

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
They did not give me what I purchased either. I purchased it in January. Yesterday I filed a complaint with the Attorney General of Missouri. I don't know if they are still selling on eBay.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
For future reference, the Timeshare Group is listed as one of the defendants in a suit by Wyndham. https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index...s-cancellation-companies.280345/#post-2200381

So are Vacation Consulting Services, Allied Solution Group, Mid-West Transfer, and Brian Scroggs, among others. Wyndham seems to be serious in pursuing those that take a cut out of their pie. These guys are all interrelated and must have "cancelled" a bunch of Wyndham timeshares. They will run out of money before Wyndham does.

If you have the time, the suit is interesting reading.

skotm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm going to file next week if this is not resolved.

Has the Missouri Attorney general gotten back to you?

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
It’s only been a week since I filed. I did receive an automatic email that they received my documents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Here is a recent thread posted by the St Louis BBB on The Transfer Group and Scroggs.

https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index...ingfield-missouri-timeshare-companies.281138/

Also, common with incompetent (at best) or outright criminal (at worst) companies is that when the heat is on they simply open up a new company so they are complaint free, for awhile at least. Scroggs has recently started another company - Real Travel, LLC.

skotm

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is disgusting, If need be ill go to court, I spent a couple grand, I'm out of state but will travel.

ibnewt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Long time lurker/member here. I feel compelled to add to this thread. I won (...if that is the right term) one of their auctions back in August. Marriott NCV EOY Platinum. Communications were OK at the outset but now all I hear are crickets. The time they went MIA seems to coincide with the date of the Wyndham lawsuit. Not too confident I will ever see a resolution and looks like I will need to wave good-bye to the purchase price. I learned my lesson and will now only deal with reputable brokers after searching TUG. I am more ticked off about this than purchasing from the developer at UVC, which, in the end, did provide our family with multiple awesome vacations and also led me to TUG with its wealth of available information. You live and you learn...

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just won an ebay auction from them
Received an invoice and request to pay the invoice now and they will then send me the contract within three days
Asked to see the contract and resort estoppel letter first and suggested they were putting cart before horse
Not a great start but we will see

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just won an ebay auction from them
Received an invoice and request to pay the invoice now and they will then send me the contract within three days
Asked to see the contract and resort estoppel letter first and suggested they were putting cart before horse
Not a great start but we will see
And they promptly sent it to me

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Last edited:

ibnewt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure if The Transfer Group monitors this site, but I heard from them within a couple of hours of posting that Marriott exercised the ROFR. I will be receiving a refund. The ROFR decision was apparently made on Oct 24 per the email to TTG's representative, which was forwarded to my attention with the exercise notice. Not sure why it took so long for them to inform me, but it looks like they were performing on their end. I will post an update when my refund is issued.

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think there are warning because of @ibnewt post. Why not tell them you have concerns being they haven’t responded or closed on @ibnewt.

I have concerns with that and with many other things including BBB rating--that is the worst I have seen.
Pain of being taken far exceeds joy of getting good deal therefore unless they can make me feel reasonably comfortable I should walk away.
Greed can lead one to make some foolish moves