• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

EBay seller: thetransfergroup

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I have submitted to the Attorney General and BBB today regarding thetransfergroup . They have stopped communicating with me and its now 6 months and im out 3,122 dolalrs.

I filed a dispute with my CC company today. Are you able to do the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Their new eBay name is nationaltsbroker

Yet they are not responding to my eBay messages. I’m going to have to call eBay tomorrow and point them to this thread and one on Facebook. We cannot let them continue to scam people.

skotm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I may call the police and file a report, just not sure of that process.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I wrote a check so unfortunately no.

I’m sorry. If you can prove they had no intent on fulfilling their end of the contract, I’m not sure you can file a police report because it would be a civil matter. Breach of contract. I would start with your bank. They might tell you there is nothing they can do, but it’s worth a call in case they can do something. Second option would be to have an attorney draft a letter stating you want the monies returned immediately or you’ll file a case in small claims court. In Maryland, if it’s an LLC, you can go after the owner directly if the business cannot pay it. It might be different out there, but if it’s not, they might it just to avoid a second lawsuit. Let us know if you have any luck.

Last edited:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why even wait to file a claims in the Court system?

Go ahead and file it with the intention of taking the Company to Court. Meanwhile, if the Company does cough up your refund then you can always drop the court case.

Again, do not wait to file; it will take a long time before your case is scheduled to be heard, so the Company will have plenty of time to come up with your money prior to any court appearance.

It puts them on notice that "you mean business".

skotm

TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem with filing they are in Missouri, I am in New Jersey - not a small distance. The problem with small claims is also -- collecting the money after.

I probably will, but I gave them until 2-1 to have a resolution.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
To be fair, I bought from them timeshares worth over $15,000 and it eventually worked out after some snags.

So they are not a scam but totally unorganized.

Did you email or talk to Anthony.

Last edited:

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem with filing they are in Missouri, I am in New Jersey - not a small distance. The problem with small claims is also -- collecting the money after.

I probably will, but I gave them until 2-1 to have a resolution.

TheTimeTraveler has given solid advice worth following. Do not wait to file a claim which you should be able to file online. Once you file a claim the defendant will be notified by the court that there is an action pending. That may be enough to ruffle some feathers and get them to initiate a refund. The sheriff and/or court appointed staff will collect your refund if you win your case. Also, if you win, your filing fees are returned to you.

The ATTY GEN is really the best place to start, IMO. Our state's ATTY GEN has come through for us more than once. Be sure to share all details with a date timeline, including e-mails, phone calls and correspondence.

FWIW, in the future, use a credit card. You'll save yourself a lot of aggravation.

Good luck!

hintok

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis - 2
Westin Desert Willows
WorldMark 6k credits
Gandview RCI Points 122k
I encourage everyone who has had problems with the Transfer Group to contact the Missouri Attorney General.

skotm

TUG Member
Reaction score
To be fair, I bought from them timeshares worth over $15,000 and it eventually worked out after some snags.

So they are not a scam but totally unorganized.

Did you email or talk to Anthony.
Anthony stopped returning my emails and has not returned my calls.

skotm

TUG Member
Reaction score
TheTimeTraveler has given solid advice worth following. Do not wait to file a claim which you should be able to file online. Once you file a claim the defendant will be notified by the court that there is an action pending. That may be enough to ruffle some feathers and get them to initiate a refund. The sheriff and/or court appointed staff will collect your refund if you win your case. Also, if you win, your filing fees are returned to you.

The ATTY GEN is really the best place to start, IMO. Our state's ATTY GEN has come through for us more than once. Be sure to share all details with a date timeline, including e-mails, phone calls, and correspondence.

FWIW, in the future, use a credit card. You'll save yourself a lot of aggravation.

Good luck!
I did contact the attorney general, the 2-1 date was to give them a chance to respond. I will file online after that.

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am also starting a credit card dispute.
My feeling was that Anthony was honest.
Whether that is the case or not my emails and calls are not being returned.
The company has nothing listed on Ebay either under the old or new name.
When you call you get a recording saying thanks for calling VCS and then you get transferred to an answering service who takes a message and says you will receive a call back within 2 business days--but they have no record of Anthony and of course your call is not returned.
Time to do the prudent thing and pull the plug while I still can.
Good Luck to all

skotm

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI the transfergroup or NAtionalTSbrokers has not logged onto ebay since 12-18. If you go to the forums you can see the last login date if you search for users.

Does anyone have any other person, phone email etc I can reach out to?

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a call from Real Travel last week
They said that the Transfer Group was out of business and they were trying to clear up the situation
I said I knew that both companies were owned by the same person so I had no confidence in what they were saying
He said he didn't know anything about it but would check and get back with me
Told him I would still buy the units but thought the only way I would go forward was with some type of escrow and I still wanted my money back and was proceeding with the credit card dispute
He said that Anthony was no longer with the company and he would call me back
Have not heard anything
If he calls I will try and get the number for you but I really fear it is not likely to do you much good

The companies and the individual owner is in Mo.
Madison County Il is a hotbed of Plaintiffs attorneys and is located near the Illinois /MO border many of those attorneys are also licensed in Mo
It might be a total waste of time but you might call and see if someone there could help
Sorry no suggested names and to be frank I think it is a long shot
Good Luck

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a call from Real Travel last week
They said that the Transfer Group was out of business and they were trying to clear up the situation
I said I knew that both companies were owned by the same person so I had no confidence in what they were saying
He said he didn't know anything about it but would check and get back with me
Told him I would still buy the units but thought the only way I would go forward was with some type of escrow and I still wanted my money back and was proceeding with the credit card dispute
He said that Anthony was no longer with the company and he would call me back
Have not heard anything
If he calls I will try and get the number for you but I really fear it is not likely to do you much good

The companies and the individual owner is in Mo.
Madison County Il is a hotbed of Plaintiffs attorneys and is located near the Illinois /MO border many of those attorneys are also licensed in Mo
It might be a total waste of time but you might call and see if someone there could help
Sorry no suggested names and to be frank I think it is a long shot
Good Luck

Went to the website for the transfer group.
417-883-5034
Talked to Burton
He said Transfer Group was no longer doing business
He didn't know if it had been officially dissolved
He was with Real Travel and they were trying to work things out
Pleasant enough to speak to but I really don't believe anything they say
You now have a number and a contact person
I hope (but do not believe) that this does you some good
Good Luck

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I paid for the timeshare I won on EBay 11/8/18. Sent an email 2/1/19 after seeing this thread again pop up to the top. Gave “Anthony” a deadline by email. Since I received NO response, I finally filed my credit card dispute today. Fingers crossed I can get my money back.

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
I paid for the timeshare I won on EBay 11/8/18. Sent an email 2/1/19 after seeing this thread again pop up to the top. Gave “Anthony” a deadline by email. Since I received NO response, I finally filed my credit card dispute today. Fingers crossed I can get my money back.

Putting together info for my Credit Card dispute
FYI
Real Travel LLC was a Louisiana LLC authorized to do Business in MO. Mo. shows it was cancelled 1/24/2019 Bart Bowe signed cancellation Doc

Real Travel LLC is also an Ark LLC filed 6/5/2018 using a fictitious name of Real Holdings.
Bart Bowe and Brian Scroggs are listed as incorporator/organizer

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Putting together info for my Credit Card dispute
FYI
Real Travel LLC was a Louisiana LLC authorized to do Business in MO. Mo. shows it was cancelled 1/24/2019 Bart Bowe signed cancellation Doc

Real Travel LLC is also an Ark LLC filed 6/5/2018 using a fictitious name of Real Holdings.
Bart Bowe and Brian Scroggs are listed as incorporator/organizer

Just an update .
I received a call today from someone who identified himself as James from real travel.
He said the transfer group was not out of business but was not doing business
He said Real travel was formed to straighten out the mess
I told him I thought it was all a scam and I just wanted my money back and then we could talk about the future.
We had a short conversation.
When I told him I thought I should sue the owner individually for participating in a conspiracy he ended the call.
I did call the number back but just got an answering machine

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just an update .
I received a call today from someone who identified himself as James from real travel.
I told him I thought it was all a scam and I just wanted my money back and then we could talk about the future.
When I told him I thought I should sue the owner individually for participating in a conspiracy he ended the call.

If I had to do it over again I would simply tell them to communicate with me through email
Better documentation
Never pays to get mad even if you have every right to be mad

grab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just an update .
I am in the same boat with 2 contracts. Would you share the number or email you have. I have heard nothing since losing contact with Anthony.

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I am in the same boat with 2 contracts. Would you share the number or email you have. I have heard nothing since losing contact with Anthony.

Try this number for James: (417) 612-9796

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is the number on my caller ID
One other data point
He said under ebay add they had until May to perform and would use that as a defense to my credit card dispute
Just a reminder (to others who have credit card disputes) a timeshare is real estate and ebay's policy is:
eBay Logo Customer Service

1. Home
  2. Help
  3. Non-binding bid policy
2 min article
Non-binding bid policy

In most product categories on eBay, when you place a bid in an auction it's considered binding – when you win an auction, you're agreeing to complete the purchase. However, there are some categories where bids don't create a formal contract between the buyer and seller.

For motor vehicles and real estate, bids are considered non-binding. When you bid on an item in these categories, you're expressing a strong interest in buying the seller's item, but no formal purchase contract is created if you're the winning bidder. For more details on non-binding bids, please see our full policy guidelines below.

Frequently Asked Questions

Why are bids in these categories non-binding?
Properties and vehicles are usually high-priced items, and their sale is often both complex and subject to a variety of laws. As such, it will often be necessary for potential buyers and sellers to exchange additional information before completing a transaction.

Read our full policy
Was this article helpful for you?

You might also be interested in:

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
(continued)
In my case we agreed on a time limit
In the absence of an agreement I believe the agreement would be closing within "reasonable" time not what was in the ebay add
I can no longer access my ebay add but will contact ebay to try and do so
Also interesting --although James said real travel was formed to straighten out the mess he did not make any specific proposals