• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ebay selling a VIP Platinum Account?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
If your asking me. I never mentioned a point manager that I have contacted. I don't know any point managers by name

I think Ron mentioned at one time he supplied some points to a manager at $6.

I started the thread on trying to get Ron to share the secret. To no avail

So I made a purchase on eBay that hasn't transferred to see how the points are treated

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will give you a clue.
He liked Ron's earlier post.
Yes he's watching and reading

I remember who it was from the posting here on TUG back in January before he went to eBay but was not going to call him out. Since you did guess no one needs to research it now. :)

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
If your asking me. I never mentioned a point manager that I have contacted. I don't know any point managers by name

I think Ron mentioned at one time he supplied some points to a manager at $6.

I started the thread on trying to get Ron to share the secret. To no avail

So I made a purchase on eBay that hasn't transferred to see how the points are treated
No, I quoted Ron and was asking him..

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember who it was from the posting here on TUG back in January before he went to eBay but was not going to call him out. Since you did guess no one needs to research it now. :)
He exposed himself in thread back then. Surprised no one remembered. If memory serves me correctly Bendadin started that thread.
Thought it was no big deal since he was already exposed
Didn't say real name either

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
He exposed himself in thread back then. Surprised no one remembered. If memory serves me correctly Bendadin started that thread.
Thought it was no big deal since he was already exposed
Didn't say real name either

Much better memory then me on that. I just remember Slinger being the one that said he was the seller last time. As you said it doesn't have his real name so not sure why he would not be a little more vocal about getting someone to buy his eBay. It would be hard for Wyndham to track who he really is based on this forum.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised you don't remember his post.
Summary. The seller is in law enforcement and would not commit any type of fraud

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised you don't remember his post.
Summary. The seller is in law enforcement and would not commit any type of fraud

Nope I remember the thread and he said he was law enforcement. I did not recall Bendadin started the thread. I have a bad habit of reading every post here on this Wyndham forum. I usually don't post much though. Guess I should start to read some other topics here on TUG also.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope I remember the thread and he said he was law enforcement. I did not recall Bendadin started the thread. I have a bad habit of reading every post here on this Wyndham forum. I usually don't post much though. Guess I should start to read some other topics here on TUG also.
No problem here. Just wanted to clarify. I wouldn't rat someone out. The attention to his ad here and then eBay made me really nervous. Wyndham new but evidently can't stop it

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron, I talked to a points manager you mentioned in a thread, can't remember where. They seemed only interested in VIP status contracts. For resale accounts their offer would have covered about half of my MF's. Is this your experience. We are using, and will use all of our points for the next several years, so no real issue for us. But points managers are going to become a more and more useful resource I think.

the points managers arent interested in anything less than a Gold account. Typically they will pay you enough to cover your fees. I didnt know any of them would deal with a Silver or non VIP account..

The guys I talked today including my mentor are rethinking their business model, under the new rules as am I... a lot depends on how the rules will be implemented..

Last edited:

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
the points managers arent interested in anything less than a Gold account. Typically they will pay you enough to cover your fees. I didnt know any of them would deal with a Silver or non VIP account..

The guys I talked today including my mentor are rethinking their business model, under the new rules as am I... a lot depends on how the rules will be implemented..
Thanks!!

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
As you said it doesn't have his real name so not sure why he would not be a little more vocal about getting someone to buy his eBay. It would be hard for Wyndham to track who he really is based on this forum.

Actually this is not true. Be careful what information you provide here if you don't want to be identified. All it takes is a customer database, a couple of facts about someone (going back through their posts), and someone who can write a decent query and you can find out who an individual is. It takes very little information to uniquely identify someone with all the data available these days. Zip code and date of birth are all it takes to uniquely identify most people in the US. Wyndham could use any combination of information about a member's dates/locations of stays, references of calls to owner service, number of points, residence location, number of contracts, home resorts, etc and narrow it down to someone very quickly. It wouldn't even have to be exact information, especially if they have multiple pieces to draw upon.

And if Wyndham already buys data for marketing purposes (which they do) and link that to their customers it's all over, because then they know your income range, occupation, as well as many other personal details about your household, spending habits, and can use that information along with your posts to identify you. The marketing companies basically know everything about you unless you and your parents were extremely careful to the point of living off the grid.

Grocery stores and credit card companies sell a lot of information to marketing companies who then sell it to companies like Wyndham. And no, your insurance company didn't violate HIPAA and tell someone about your diabetes, asthma, preganancy, etc. That was Target, Walmart, or your grocery store using your other purchases to figure this out and sell it to someone. Assuming that your free email service from yahoo, microsoft, or google didn't sell the information they pulled from your emails first.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham reads these boards. There are folks whose job it is to read and report to management on topics they find "interesting" and lots of Wyndham employees read thes boards for fun

More than once when I identified myself to a Wyndham employee their first comment was "I really enjoy your posts on TUG".

All that market research work discussed in a previous post is not needed here. How difficult would it be for a Wyndham employees to contact the seller to ask some questions about the offer?

nicemann

TUG Member
Reaction score
All that market research work discussed in a previous post is not needed here. How difficult would it be for a Wyndham employees to contact the seller to ask some questions about the offer?

I agree with that. Quick question to the seller, know the total number of contracts and the location. Then based on the number of total points it shouldn't be hard to track what member number it is. Much easier then trying to track a username here on TUG.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
Wyndham reads these boards. There are folks whose job it is to read and report to management on topics they find "interesting" and lots of Wyndham employees read thes boards for fun

More than once when I identified myself to a Wyndham employee their first comment was "I really enjoy your posts on TUG".

Ron, that's very true in a situation where a contract is being sold or something concrete to use. My post includes other situations, like where someone may want to complain and think they are anonymous, for example. I know for a fact that there are other forums where companies read and do the types of queries I outlined in order to identify customers and do things like note information on their customer file for future reference, reward them for something positive, ban a customer for several negative posts that they feel are hurting their business, or even take legal action against them for disclosing things that should be confidential, depending on the circumstances. The point is that you can't assume you will remain anonymous if you have any details about yourself in your username, profile, photos, or posts.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't see the eBay listing. Am I just not seeing it or did it sell ?

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good.
Congrats Slinger !

Hope somebody on here got it. I think he's a great guy and you won't have any trouble. Just cross your fingers on Wyndhams end

happyhopian

Reaction score
One safe way to purchase these points is to put the purchase on a credit card, but only if the transfer happens within 60 days. If the VIP membership doesn't transfer and the purchase is within 60 days dispute the charged as being fraud. The wording in the add states in so many word that the purchase includes a VIP Platinum ownership. But you are always running the risk the account with be reconciled down the road and losing the benefit.

"But you are always running the risk the account with be reconciled down the road and losing the benefit. "

I agree with everything but this. Ron and MANY others have 'inherited' VIP status and nothing has every been said or changed. In fact Ron just went through quite the examination and never said they cared about his VIP status(es). Once VIP, I doubt the have the ability or the time to do a look ALL the way back unless if became an issue with tens of thousands

happyhopian

Reaction score
I trusted the seller. After all he wears the Blue everyday at work.
I was worried Wyndham would take away the VIP in a year or two.

Agree with Rons price if someone can use the points. What you save in MFs will pay for the points in a few years and probably hold its value.

I don't want a second membership so I'm out. I must be the only one affected by the 10 contract rule

I've got one more spot left for my 10, so I'm hunting but like you, I'm not interested in a second account though I would like to hear Ron's pitch on why that is more beneficial than one large account (prior to the 10 limit rule of course).

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didnt inherit VIP status. I had 5 Platinum VIP accounts buil,t with the exception of two 63000 point direct purchases (each cost me $6000 down and $150 a month), entirely with contracts purchased on the secondary market>> What I meant to say, if I didnt say it clearly) my VIP status and how I got it wasnt the cause of my suspension nor was it a consideration in the resolution

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've got one more spot left for my 10, so I'm hunting but like you, I'm not interested in a second account though I would like to hear Ron's pitch on why that is more beneficial than one large account (prior to the 10 limit rule of course).

If I have just one Platinum account with 1,000,001 points I get 30 guest confirms and if I have 2,000,002 I get 45
if I have two platinum accounts with 1,000,001 points in each, I get 60 guest confirms

30 guest confirms per account is enough if you have small accounts. but not enough for a large account ..

Prior to the 10 rule, if thats a thing, there was still a limit or 40.. Most of my points I got for free, with the understanding that I wouldnt cherry pick the offerings. I had to take the small contracts if I wanted the big ones.. It want that multiple accounts were more desirable.. I needed multiple accounts to hold everything I had.

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Good.
Congrats Slinger !
w
Hope somebody on here got it. I think he's a great guy and you won't have any trouble. Just cross your fingers on Wyndhams end

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/232311308114?

This was relisted to provide more up to date details - it's now 1.214 Mn overall points. The listing indicates it has 979K even year points and 1,429K odd year points, plus it now appears to include the Wyndham program fee in the total MF cost. It may be for converted fixed weeks.

For an existing Gold VIP, it's cheaper and less risky to either add do a retail purchase and add two 3 bedroom PIC weeks or hope that converting a couple of Bali Hai Villas fixed weeks will do the trick (but I'd get it put in writing that the upgrade in your account to VIP Platinum is included in the retail purchase!).