• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite Night Credit on Vistana Stays

Dawnwrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN, WSJ-CV
We stayed at WKORVN for 3 weeks in February. The first week showed up on its own, but I had to request credit for the second and third weeks.....

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am going to have to contact them. My week at WSJ has not been added.

I am curious, I had nights in my SPG account but nothing was transferred to my Marriott account. Were the SPG nights supposed to transfer as well? My account only shows the one night I stayed in PR before our week long TS stay at WSJ. So I am literally back to square one.

Edit: I do see lifetime nights in my account. But my WSJ stay has not been added.
You have to merge your SPG and Marriott Rewards accounts. I don't know if you had to do that before a certain date or not.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
Let me share what I have learned from two stays at SBP this year that didn't post automatically. Vistana VSE) explained that if everything is working correctly, your elite night credits will post 14 days after checkout. If you don't see them after 14 days you have a problem.

First, make sure that the email associated with your VSE account is the same email you use for your Marriott Bonvoy account. When you are logged into your VSE online account, go to account settings and check your communication and security settings and change your email address in both of those places to match the one you use with Marriott.

When you check in at the VSE property, make sure your Marriott Bonvoy number is in your reservation and when you check out double check that it is still there because I've experienced where it drops out during my stay.

If you do not receive elite night credits after 14 days, send an email to stay.add@marriott.com with a title that says elite night credit request and to which you have attached your folio from checkout. Make sure you send this email from the same email account that is associated with your Marriott Bonvoy account or else your request may fail. Don't reference receiving any points anywhere in your email because it has to be focused on elite night credit for them to process it. They will automatically add in your welcome bonus and any points for charges during your stay when they post the elite night credits.

If after attempting this you are still having a problem, your best bet is to call VSE and have them call Marriott with you on the line to solve this problem.

I hope this tribal knowledge helps!

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
You have to merge your SPG and Marriott Rewards accounts. I don't know if you had to do that before a certain date or not.
Yes, I merged my accounts last August.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Let me share what I have learned from two stays at SBP this year that didn't post automatically. Vistana VSE) explained that if everything is working correctly, your elite night credits will post 14 days after checkout. If you don't see them after 14 days you have a problem.

First, make sure that the email associated with your VSE account is the same email you use for your Marriott Bonvoy account. When you are logged into your VSE online account, go to account settings and check your communication and security settings and change your email address in both of those places to match the one you use with Marriott.

When you check in at the VSE property, make sure your Marriott Bonvoy number is in your reservation and when you check out double check that it is still there because I've experienced where it drops out during my stay.

If you do not receive elite night credits after 14 days, send an email to stay.add@marriott.com with a title that says elite night credit request and to which you have attached your folio from checkout. Make sure you send this email from the same email account that is associated with your Marriott Bonvoy account or else your request may fail. Don't reference receiving any points anywhere in your email because it has to be focused on elite night credit for them to process it. They will automatically add in your welcome bonus and any points for charges during your stay when they post the elite night credits.

If after attempting this you are still having a problem, your best bet is to call VSE and have them call Marriott with you on the line to solve this problem.

I hope this tribal knowledge helps!
This is great information. The emails are different on my MVCI, Marriott Bonvoy and Vistana ownerships plus II account. Having these all aligned makes sense!
Will update all to match.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Eventually i had to send a copy of the Vistana reservation to have the Lagunamar stay added. Based on just the copy of the folio I provided to them, the response i got initially was that the rate i paid did not qualify for elite nights!

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
I got credit for my SO reservation of 4 nights but not for my week stay for my home reservation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Eventually i had to send a copy of the Vistana reservation to have the Lagunamar stay added. Based on just the copy of the folio I provided to them, the response i got initially was that the rate i paid did not qualify for elite nights!

This is what I was told about my August stay at WDW. I still haven’t had them fix it yet. And, I am still missing some nights from my lifetime total post merger. This was a failed tech merger all over, as expected. Disappointed and annoyed at Marriott.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
This is what I was told about my August stay at WDW. I still haven’t had them fix it yet. And, I am still missing some nights from my lifetime total post merger. This was a failed tech merger all over, as expected. Disappointed and annoyed at Marriott.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are Bonvoyed just like a lot people out there.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You are Bonvoyed just like a lot people out there.
Me too. I am missing seven nights from our Lagunamar trip. They did post three nights. However the issue was with the folio. Since we added three nights on to our trip mid stay, our folio showed our three night checkin and checkout day. Though there were clearly 10 days of transactions on it. The internet customer care only credited three nights. Since I am currently Lifetime Platinum and we won't get anywhere close to 50 or 75 actual elite nights this year (to earn the Suite Night Awards), I figured it wasn't worth the hassle chasing down the lost seven nights.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Just to add another datapoint, we checked out of SVR three days ago and all seven nights have just posted into my Bonvoy account (they also gave me an extra 7 promotional elite nights which I was not expecting!). When I checked in I asked them to ensure that they had my Bonvoy number on as our stay had not appeared in my Bonvoy account. He went in and said there were two numbers under our profile, but the primary one on the reservation was an SPG number. He replaced the SPG number on the reservation and it immediately popped up in my Bonvoy app.

I'd recommend everyone check that their Bonvoy number is the one on the reservation and not a legacy SPG number.

bosca418

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-N OF
WKORV IV
Just to add another datapoint, we checked out of SVR three days ago and all seven nights have just posted into my Bonvoy account (they also gave me an extra 7 promotional elite nights which I was not expecting!). When I checked in I asked them to ensure that they had my Bonvoy number on as our stay had not appeared in my Bonvoy account. He went in and said there were two numbers under our profile, but the primary one on the reservation was an SPG number. He replaced the SPG number on the reservation and it immediately popped up in my Bonvoy app.

I'd recommend everyone check that their Bonvoy number is the one on the reservation and not a legacy SPG number.

Did you happen to register for the bonus elite night credit promotion?

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score

the doubling is only supposed to apply to paid stays, but given their IT problems, this would be a nice bonus...

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

the doubling is only supposed to apply to paid stays, but given their IT problems, this would be a nice bonus...

Yes - I've registered for that and they seem to have given me double for this stay. I know it's supposed to only apply to paid stays - and I have plenty of those so far this year with a few work trips, but it was a nice bonus given the run around I've received on a few other stays that didn't post correctly. Looks like I'll hit Titanium in May :)

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
They posted my missing week quickly. It’s just frustrating because they are showing in the app, so it’s definitely an IT error. I even had a paid hotel reservation not apply which again, in the app and at the hotel they had our Bonvoy number with status (got an upgrade). We shouldn’t have to submit missing stays each time we stay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice! That's a high percentage of nights spent away from home YTD!

(un)fortunately i typically hit 150nts a year between work and holidays...

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve had about 15 nights on 3 different stays at WMH this year, and not one of them has posted towards my elite nights count. I have not taken the time to chase them since I’m already lifetime titanium, otherwise I would have.
On another note, although I typically have more than 100 nights per year (I’m at 38 nights so far this year), I don’t get even close to spending the $20k needed to reach Ambassador level.

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
...I have not taken the time to chase them since I’m already lifetime titanium, otherwise I would have.
But you may want the elite nights credit for the Suite Nights awards at 50 and 75 night stays.

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are correct in that respect. I think I’ll reach 75 nights by the middle of the year so maybe this year I’m not worried about it, but that can change in future years. Hopefully by then, Marriott has figured out a way to be consistent on counting nights. :)
I could reach it faster, but I have stays already booked at 10+ towns for the next couple of months where there are no Marriotts (none of the 30-something brands) at all ☹️

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I just received that response today too. What a PITA Marriott is!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I’ve had about 15 nights on 3 different stays at WMH this year, and not one of them has posted towards my elite nights count. I have not taken the time to chase them since I’m already lifetime titanium, otherwise I would have.
On another note, although I typically have more than 100 nights per year (I’m at 38 nights so far this year), I don’t get even close to spending the $20k needed to reach Ambassador level.

@Pedro funny you should post this. Our stay at WMH posted about four days after we left. However, all the F&B charges at the restaurant/bar where we met were posted on the folio as "non-revenue" which equated to no points! Even though we had several charges at that establishment it wasn't worth the time to track it down. The other F&B charges at the hotel counted and the nights were credited.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
When I requested my elite night credits (Using the suggested email above with my folio attached)this is part of the response I received (I cut out the fluffy BS parts.)

"We appreciate the chance to help you with your account. While researching your request, we found that the charges on this receipt were booked using a travel industry rate. Travel industry rates are wholesale rates which do not qualify for any Marriott Bonvoy earnings, including points, airline credit, and Elite Nights. "

I responded with a two sentence email that included no niceties:

"I don't know where you got your information. but this is my home timeshare stay. I am entitled to the elite night credit."

I received the following response:

"I apologize for the inconvenience caused and appreciate your understanding. Thank you for letting us know of your issue request. Upon reviewing, I have credited the elite nights to your Marriott Bonvoy Account."

(I again cut out the fluff.)