• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite Night Credit on Vistana Stays

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
There is no enrolling of weeks in Bonvoy. You are either a member of the rewards program or not. If you are a member and your Bonvoy number is on the reservation when you checkin, you should get the nights.
Eh I could care less about it. I hardly ever get anything from being a good elite member anyway. I’ll lose the benefit when my developer unit is officially out of my name anyway.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
There is no enrolling of weeks in Bonvoy. You are either a member of the rewards program or not. If you are a member and your Bonvoy number is on the reservation when you checkin, you should get the nights.
By enrolled I guess I meant eligible to be converted to bonvoy points. (Developer purchase). Seems that’s not the case anyway. Oh well no nights for my recent stay oh well

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Eh I could care less about it. I hardly ever get anything from being a good elite member anyway. I’ll lose the benefit when my developer unit is officially out of my name anyway.

Perhaps. I didn’t buy from the developer, and I get value out of being Platinum when staying at the hotels. Not sure how great that will be now that it’s all Marriott, but I’ll find out over the next year at various properties. Without the ability to count timeshare stays toward the 50 nights for platinum, I wouldn’t make it. I don’t have that many nights at Marriott hotels (just booked another Airbnb in Sydney, so where I would have once used points for a hotel I’m somewhat loyal to I no longer do so since the cash price elsewhere is much more valuable). Maybe when these companies become loyal to me, I’ll return the favor again...naw, they wouldn’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We got our 50 nights again this year as we stayed in a lot of studios. On our last Lagunamar stay we gave them our Bonvoy number at check in but when attended a presentation they did not have it in the computer. You need to double check that they actually input your number. We seem to get perks more when we stay at a Westin hotel than Marriotts. For Hyatt hotels we have a lesser status but seem to always get good perks and upgrades

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Perhaps. I didn’t buy from the developer, and I get value out of being Platinum when staying at the hotels. Not sure how great that will be now that it’s all Marriott, but I’ll find out over the next year at various properties. Without the ability to count timeshare stays toward the 50 nights for platinum, I wouldn’t make it. I don’t have that many nights at Marriott hotels (just booked another Airbnb in Sydney, so where I would have once used points for a hotel I’m somewhat loyal to I no longer do so since the cash price elsewhere is much more valuable). Maybe when these companies become loyal to me, I’ll return the favor again...naw, they wouldn’t.

That’s how I feel. I was in Sydney in feb and stayed in a great airbnb, i usually book airbnb anytime i go to a city. Been keeping resort trips to my TS usage only. Once bonvoy came about Gold Elite status lost out on a lot. I’ve yet to be “upgraded” and lost lounge access. Platinum is at least worth the 15 breakfast credit you get, and the late checkout, etc. I feel like they don’t care unless you are platinum. I agree though, I’d show loyalty once they remotely show any sliver of it back.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
So...
We stayed 14 nites at Westin St John in June, but didn’t get credit for our stay because our invoice didn’t have qualified charges (we didn’t charge anything to our villa). Although, our invoice had a daily $25 fee charged.

Is this correct?

“We apologize we are unable to post this stay to your account as your hotel bill does not show any eligible charges. As a Marriott Bonvoy member, each time you stay at a participating hotel you may earn points or frequent flyer credit and personal Elite nights based on the eligible charges shown on the final itemized hotel bill in your name.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had that response for WKORV stays, but if you keep emphasizing you are not looking for points, but rather night credits, they will eventually relent/realize what you really want. In my case, I was staying a couple of weeks and also used some hotel points for a night, and they were crediting some of the stay but not all. Eventually they worked it all out, but I had to keep insisting that I wanted the stay credit, not additional points. You obviously stayed there.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
So...
We stayed 14 nites at Westin St John in June, but didn’t get credit for our stay because our invoice didn’t have qualified charges (we didn’t charge anything to our villa). Although, our invoice had a daily $25 fee charged.

Is this correct?

“We apologize we are unable to post this stay to your account as your hotel bill does not show any eligible charges. As a Marriott Bonvoy member, each time you stay at a participating hotel you may earn points or frequent flyer credit and personal Elite nights based on the eligible charges shown on the final itemized hotel bill in your name.”

This is what has happened to me for every WDW stay since last August after the program merger. They finally fixed one and I’m now waiting to receive the stay credits for last weeks stay. I also paid misc items such as housekeeping but those don’t earn points, it seems, just like taxes in HI.

FWIW, I’ve never had any issue receiving stay credits at Marriotts on II exchanges so I can only surmise that something is coded wrong in the system which prevents automatic credit and the staff still isn’t trained properly on Vistana stays. After all, it’s not a hotel but in terms of points/stays they treat it as such. Yet, even if you stay at a hotel and don’t spend anything (such as a redemption on points) you still earn the night credit. I don’t understand how they can be so inept that it’s taken a year since the merger and they still don’t get this fixed. It’s really quite astonishing, and yet another reason we have and continue to be Bonvoyed. We’re some of their best customers yet they make us jump through hoops to get the benefits of the program.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
This is what has happened to me for every WDW stay since last August after the program merger. They finally fixed one and I’m now waiting to receive the stay credits for last weeks stay. I also paid misc items such as housekeeping but those don’t earn points, it seems, just like taxes in HI.

FWIW, I’ve never had any issue receiving stay credits at Marriotts on II exchanges so I can only surmise that something is coded wrong in the system which prevents automatic credit and the staff still isn’t trained properly on Vistana stays. After all, it’s not a hotel but in terms of points/stays they treat it as such. Yet, even if you stay at a hotel and don’t spend anything (such as a redemption on points) you still earn the night credit. I don’t understand how they can be so inept that it’s taken a year since the merger and they still don’t get this fixed. It’s really quite astonishing, and yet another reason we have and continue to be Bonvoyed. We’re some of their best customers yet they make us jump through hoops to get the benefits of the program.

Thanks. You are correct - it appears as if they think I am requesting points and not night stays.

What is the best contact number to call to get resolution on this?

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Thanks. You are correct - it appears as if they think I am requesting points and not night stays.

What is the best contact number to call to get resolution on this?

Sadly, the email contact mentioned earlier in this thread is what I used and received a similar reply as you. I even pushed back last year and they didn't care. This most recent request I only sent once, and then when they declined I simply waited until my return to WDW (last week) and spoke with a manager about it. It took two discussions for him to get a reply and suddenly my nights were credited. Now I'm waiting for last weeks stay to post, and he told me to just contact him if it doesn't by end of this week (which I'm expecting to do, since it hasn't posted yet).

Note that the reception staff at WDW (including the manager) were not familiar with this benefit. It's been almost a year since it was implemented AND THEY STILL DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT. I think that's the more important issue. When we have to train the staff (including management) on the details of a standard (and promoted) feature of the program, something is wrong.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Sadly, the email contact mentioned earlier in this thread is what I used and received a similar reply as you. I even pushed back last year and they didn't care. This most recent request I only sent once, and then when they declined I simply waited until my return to WDW (last week) and spoke with a manager about it. It took two discussions for him to get a reply and suddenly my nights were credited. Now I'm waiting for last weeks stay to post, and he told me to just contact him if it doesn't by end of this week (which I'm expecting to do, since it hasn't posted yet).

Note that the reception staff at WDW (including the manager) were not familiar with this benefit. It's been almost a year since it was implemented AND THEY STILL DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT. I think that's the more important issue. When we have to train the staff (including management) on the details of a standard (and promoted) feature of the program, something is wrong.

I am now in bizarre world.
I called Marriott Customer Service number - clearly explained the situation - I was forwarded to a Supervisor - once again, clearly explained the situation - and guess what?

They forwarded me to VSN Owner Services!
LOLOLOLOL

I have a feeling I will be forwarded back to Marriott.

btw - WSJ did not add my Bonvoy number on my stay even though I gave to them.

Follow up - a very nice VSN associate (Ghada) conferenced called Marriott and it appears that my 1st 7 nites were credited, but still waiting on my 2nd 7 nites (case number is still open).

Last edited:

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I am now in bizarre world.
I called Marriott Customer Service number - clearly explained the situation - I was forwarded to a Supervisor - once again, clearly explained the situation - and guess what?

They forwarded me to VSN Owner Services!
LOLOLOLOL

I have a feeling I will be forwarded back to Marriott.

btw - WSJ did not add my Bonvoy number on my stay even though I gave to them.

Follow up - a very nice VSN associate (Ghada) conferenced called Marriott and it appears that my 1st 7 nites were credited, but still waiting on my 2nd 7 nites (case number is still open).

So, did the reservation show on Marriott.com?

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
So, did the reservation show on Marriott.com?

Do you mean as a Recent Activity on my Account page?
No.
This is the reason I reported the Missing Stay Request. I would guess it didn’t show was because WSJ did not enter my Bonvoy Number (even though I made sure that they had it when we checked in).

I sent Marriott the invoice from my stay (and confirmation numbers), and made clear that I was requesting nite stays and not Bonvoy points. We only were charged the $25/nite ‘environmental’ Fee as we didn’t charge anything to our villa.

The person at Marriott (Christine) that VSN conferenced in was quite helpful, and appeared to realize that there is an issue with VSE reservations.

We shall see...

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Do you mean as a Recent Activity on my Account page?
No.
This is the reason I reported the Missing Stay Request. I would guess it didn’t show was because WSJ did not enter my Bonvoy Number (even though I made sure that they had it when we checked in).

I sent Marriott the invoice from my stay (and confirmation numbers), and made clear that I was requesting nite stays and not Bonvoy points. We only were charged the $25/nite ‘environmental’ Fee as we didn’t charge anything to our villa.

The person at Marriott (Christine) that VSN conferenced in was quite helpful, and appeared to realize that there is an issue with VSE reservations.

We shall see...

No, I mean did it show on Marriott.com (not Vistana.com) as a pending reservation prior to your arrival?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I really should call and fight for this. I guess just call bonvoy? here is one for everyone, if I rent from someone else and go, does that matter?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
No, I mean did it show on Marriott.com (not Vistana.com) as a pending reservation prior to your arrival?

The reason I ask is this is how I've handled the situation and I'm not saying it is foolproof but it has not failed me at all.

At least one month prior to arrival I send an online request to Owner Services for each reservation. I request my Marriott Bonvoy # xxxxxxxxx be added to my reservation. Anywhere from two hours to one day later that Vistana reservation starts showing in the My Trips section of Marriott.com. That way, I know prior to arrival that my loyalty number is attached to the reservation and I don't have to worry about a front desk clerk adding it. After check-out I've always had the points/nights credits appear.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

I do not know as I had no reason to check Marriott prior to our WSJ stay as I had no stays in 2019 until WSJ. All of my future stays (n=7) show on Marriott.com - including WSJ in 2020 - so I assume it was there, but there is no way to see past reservations except in the Latest Activity section that does not show our stay (as stated). It does show my Sept 2019 stays at WKORV.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
The reason I ask is this is how I've handled the situation and I'm not saying it is foolproof but it has not failed me at all.

At least one month prior to arrival I send an online request to Owner Services for each reservation. I request my Marriott Bonvoy # xxxxxxxxx be added to my reservation. Anywhere from two hours to one day later that Vistana reservation starts showing in the My Trips section of Marriott.com. That way, I know prior to arrival that my loyalty number is attached to the reservation and I don't have to worry about a front desk clerk adding it. After check-out I've always had the points/nights credits appear.

I did ask during WSJ check in if they had my Bonvoy number, and I confirmed the number was correct (updated from SPG number) - and it was. I knew ahead of the potential issue ahead of time - as it came up during my 2019 WKORV stays - so I double checked upon check in. The problem is likely on WSJ side as it was not on our invoice. The WSJ check in at the Front Desk was certainly dodgy as the associates were new.

The stays have not shown on Marriott.com (yet) although Marriott Rep said the 1st week was credited.
We shall see...
I have 19 nites coming up at WKORV, WPORV and Sheraton Poipu in Sept - so it will continue my current status (Gold) as I do not have enough for 50 nites (Plat) anyway - so not really a huge deal.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I did ask during WSJ check in if they had my Bonvoy number, and I confirmed the number was correct (updated from SPG number) - and it was. I knew ahead of the potential issue ahead of time - as it came up during my 2019 WKORV stays - so I double checked upon check in. The problem is likely on WSJ side as it was not on our invoice. The WSJ check in at the Front Desk was certainly dodgy as the associates were new.

The stays have not shown on Marriott.com (yet) although Marriott Rep said the 1st week was credited.
We shall see...
I have 19 nites coming up at WKORV, WPORV and Sheraton Poipu in Sept - so it will continue my current status (Gold) as I do not have enough for 50 nites (Plat) anyway - so not really a huge deal.

Assuming you have a Marriott credit card, wouldn't you only need another two nights to hit 50? 14 nights at WSJ and 19 upcoming nights plus the 15 credit card nights gives you 48. A mattress run would give you Platinum.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have yet to see a Vistana reservation show up on Marriott.com. Currently with II exchanges and Vistana reservations, there is no Marriott confirmation number. So there is no way to call and add your Marriott Bonvoy number to the reservation prior to checkin.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I have yet to see a Vistana reservation show up on Marriott.com. Currently with II exchanges and Vistana reservations, there is no Marriott confirmation number. So there is no way to call and add your Marriott Bonvoy number to the reservation prior to checkin.

Not sure about II exchanges but there is a way with Vistana reservations. Read my earlier post. Access your Vistana reservation on Vistana's site and send a special request asking that your Marriott Bonvoy number be added to the reservation. By the next day, you will see the Vistana reservation on Marriott.com and you can then be assured your Bonvoy number is associated with your reservation.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

On Marriott.com - my future 7 VSE HomeResort reservations show (along with confirmation #s), but not my VSN (SO) Reservation (Poipu). The Marriott system would not accept the VSN confirmation number for the Poipu reservation.

My WSJ weeks were HomeResort.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

I don’t think this matters too much, but is definitely a good idea. I think this because, for example, my last stay at WDW during checkin they add my number. While I am standing there I opened the Marriott app and under stays WDW suddenly appears and shows the correct checkin and checkout dates, etc. Its there! I even showed it to them upon checkin, since my prior stay it appeared and then when I checked out it was gone and not even under past stays. Just gone. The same thing happened last week when I left. I don’t know if this is just a WDW thing or not, but they’ve got problems.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
On Marriott.com - my future 7 VSE HomeResort reservations show (along with confirmation #s), but not my VSN (SO) Reservation (Poipu). The Marriott system would not accept the VSN confirmation number for the Poipu reservation.

My WSJ weeks were HomeResort.

I have three SVV reservations booked on VSN, two show up on Marriott and one doesn't. I own two weeks there. Going to call and see what's up today - I think you attach your Bonvoy number to your ownership week and then it just works automatically (I remember doing this a couple of months ago, but can't remember how exactly the conversation went).

I'll see what they say and report back.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
This is weird. I just checked Marriott and both of my upcoming stays (Lagunamar in October-SO rez and St. John in February-Home rez) are listed and I did not contact owner services to add my Marriott #. I was going to email like was suggested above, but I will wait and see if my stays are credited to my account.

Ok, gets weirder, I have two separate listings for my Lagunamar rez, with two different confirmation #'s. Gonna be interesting to see what happens. (Maybe because it's a 2 BR LO?)