• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite Night Credit on Vistana Stays

jtp1947

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Marriott, Boston Custom House
The elite night credits go on the account number you give them at check in.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
If I understand you correctly, you cannot combine spousal accounts like HGVC/Hilton owners.

Also you can't do this in advance on the reservation but have to do this at check-in?

Also it sounds like you can change the recipient for the credit for each stay depending on which spouse would maximize it most?

Does this credit apply to resale owners?

teddyo333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana:
Westin Kierland (x2)
WKORV - OV (x2)
Desert Oasis (x6)
Vistana Villages - Bella
Vistana Villages - Key West
Sheraton Broadway Plantation (2BR Lockout)
Marriott:
Marriott Grande Ocean
If I understand you correctly, you cannot combine spousal accounts like HGVC/Hilton owners.

Also you can't do this in advance on the reservation but have to do this at check-in?

Also it sounds like you can change the recipient for the credit for each stay depending on which spouse would maximize it most?

This credit definitely applies to resale. I received create for the Marriott Sunset Pointe timeshare that I purchased resale.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe

The elite night credits definitely work for resale owners. Also, your rewards number is on your ownership account, so it is automatically put on your timeshare stay. However, that isn’t true if you have a stay through II. You have to call in to have it added or you can do it at check in.

Best regards.

Mike

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks. This is a nice benefit. I will call Vistana because I don't recall giving a rewards account number to our ownership account because we were resale.

Last edited:

ragdoll

TUG Member
Reaction score
The elite night credits definitely work for resale owners. Also, your rewards number is on your ownership account, so it is automatically put on your timeshare stay. However, that isn’t true if you have a stay through II. You have to call in to have it added or you can do it at check in.

Best regards.

Mike
Where on the account is the rewards number? When I log into my account in vistana.com, there are no Rewards numbers or SPG numbers that I can see. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Where on the account is the rewards number? When I log into my account in vistana.com, there are no Rewards numbers or SPG numbers that I can see. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Are you a VSN member?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I found it on the site but could not enter the number so just called it in to update for myself and my spouse because it was blank. I don't remember how I got there though. Somewhere off the dashboard where it said SPG. Had to click around.

ragdoll

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you a VSN member?

I think VSN is the Vistana Signature Network. Correct? I get so confused by all the acronyms: SVO, VSE, SPG, etc. I don't know if I am a member of VSN or not. But I do own one developer week and one resale week, if that answers your question.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I think VSN is the Vistana Signature Network. Correct? I get so confused by all the acronyms: SVO, VSE, SPG, etc. I don't know if I am a member of VSN or not. But I do own one developer week and one resale week, if that answers your question.

You're a VSN member is you own a developer week. Let me look around the Vistana site and find the info for you. I remember it in our sales documentation but it's been a while since I saw it on the website.

ragdoll

TUG Member
Reaction score
You're a VSN member is you own a developer week. Let me look around the Vistana site and find the info for you. I remember it in our sales documentation but it's been a while since I saw it on the website.

Thank you. I would welcome that!

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Perhaps my acronyms are confused. Aren't you a VSN member if you own a mandatory resale as well?

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
When I signed in with my new number and looked at my account info you can see what is linked. Our Vistana and Facebook were linked to the account. It pulled the information from our old SPG account.
I’m a little upset that we do 90% of our timeshare travel in the first half of the year so we won’t earn any stays on them for ‘18. We would’ve easily got 50 nights this year. They are all marked in there as hotel stays but not credited into the total, the Marriott property via II was though, in May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I’m a little upset that we do 90% of our timeshare travel in the first half of the year so we won’t earn any stays on them for ‘18. We would’ve easily got 50 nights this year. They are all marked in there as hotel stays but not credited into the total, the Marriott property via II was though, in May.

I was curious about this - we already had 24 nites in stays. But, the site appears to list usage for a Calendar year (stays in 2018...). This would mean we wouldn’t have enough to even stay at Gold if they only use stays from 8/18 onward for the Calendar year. Next year we may get to Plat.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
I was curious about this - we already had 24 nites in stays. But, the site appears to list usage for a Calendar year (stays in 2018...). This would mean we wouldn’t have enough to even stay at Gold if they only use stays from 8/18 onward for the Calendar year. Next year we may get to Plat.

David, have you merged your accounts yet? I waited a few days after and it’s still giving the disclaimer about not everything not being there. My WLR reservation for November isn’t showing but my 2019 reservations are. All my preferences are gone.

If they counted prior merge 2018 timeshare stays, I would have 40 nights year to date. They have me at 12. With the WLR stay another 14 nights. I don’t split my 2 bedrooms every year plus not being able to do WSJ I had to use those options differently. Some years I’d reach it others I won’t.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
David, have you merged your accounts yet? I waited a few days after and it’s still giving the disclaimer about not everything not being there. My WLR reservation for November isn’t showing but my 2019 reservations are. All my preferences are gone.

If they counted prior merge 2018 timeshare stays, I would have 40 nights year to date. They have me at 12. With the WLR stay another 14 nights. I don’t split my 2 bedrooms every year plus not being able to do WSJ I had to use those options differently. Some years I’d reach it others I won’t.

I did merge my accounts and everything is fine. My reservations show thru early next year. My June 2019 WSJ do not show although I have confirmed them.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Update:

1. I merged my accounts a week or so ago.
2. My lifetime nights has been reduced by 14, as compared to the numbers pre-merger on both Marriott and SPG sites. The Marriott rep had no resolution for this issue, and when I suggested I would check back in a month she agreed. She did add the info to my account but was quite clear no one was going to do anything about this right now because “they” are working on fixing the data. I’m okay with this, and will check back in a month.
3. I was unable to validate my phone number at the new site because it claimed I did not enter the country code, yet it was there already. When I tried to update it, it wouldn’t take it. The Marriott rep said it wasn’t there and she did it, and she didn’t believe me. Yup, another bug, but even though I requested she submit it I doubt that was done.
4. My recent WDW stay has not been credited. When I called, I spoke with three reps before learning the following:

- Marriott reps still do not have access to the SPG system, and vice versa
- Both legacy systems are being retired in favor of a new system
- Both Marriott reps I spoke with were surly, rude, and unwelcome.
- The SPG rep was courteous, helpful, friendly and sad as she explained she was leaving SPG (with much detail about the new corporate tracking policy that makes me wonder how friendly Marriott is toward their staff).
- I emailed my folios to an email which I was told will be monitored and reviewed, though it may take 10 business days (WDW sent me two, one for each side of the lock off, which means I can’t submit the stay credit online as that’s limited to just one and they now specifically request you call if you have more than one, unless pre-merger).

My advice is to make sure you receive your folios via email and keep them until at least your stay has been properly credited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Update:

1. I merged my accounts a week or so ago.
2. My lifetime nights has been reduced by 14, as compared to the numbers pre-merger on both Marriott and SPG sites. The Marriott rep had no resolution for this issue, and when I suggested I would check back in a month she agreed. She did add the info to my account but was quite clear no one was going to do anything about this right now because “they” are working on fixing the data. I’m okay with this, and will check back in a month.
3. I was unable to validate my phone number at the new site because it claimed I did not enter the country code, yet it was there already. When I tried to update it, it wouldn’t take it. The Marriott rep said it wasn’t there and she did it, and she didn’t believe me. Yup, another bug, but even though I requested she submit it I doubt that was done.
4. My recent WDW stay has not been credited. When I called, I spoke with three reps before learning the following:

- Marriott reps still do not have access to the SPG system, and vice versa
- Both legacy systems are being retired in favor of a new system
- Both Marriott reps I spoke with were surly, rude, and unwelcome.
- The SPG rep was courteous, helpful, friendly and sad as she explained she was leaving SPG (with much detail about the new corporate tracking policy that makes me wonder how friendly Marriott is toward their staff).
- I emailed my folios to an email which I was told will be monitored and reviewed, though it may take 10 business days (WDW sent me two, one for each side of the lock off, which means I can’t submit the stay credit online as that’s limited to just one and they now specifically request you call if you have more than one, unless pre-merger).

My advice is to make sure you receive your folios via email and keep them until at least your stay has been properly credited.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was your YTD SPG stays also equal to 14?

A known problem that was just corrected was the SPG Lifetime nights had been inflated by including 2x the SPG YTD nights.

jtp1947

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Marriott, Boston Custom House
@Ken555; I had the same problem while attempting to validate my phone number.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
Question here. Where exactly do you find the lifetime nights? All I see on my account is nights this year with a message on what I need to get to Platinum Elite next year.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Question here. Where exactly do you find the lifetime nights? All I see on my account is nights this year with a message on what I need to get to Platinum Elite next year.

To the right of your nights click the icon "Account Activity". On the next page, under the number of Nights Earned click "DETAILS". It will bring up a box showing your lifetime nights.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
To the right of your nights click the icon "Account Activity". On the next page, under the number of Nights Earned click "DETAILS". It will bring up a box showing your lifetime nights.

OK thanks, so I did that for both my SPG account and my Marriott account, which I have not yet combined (Scared that something will go wrong, lol). My SPG account says I have 41 lifetime nights and my Marriott account says I have 51 lifetime nights. So, if I do become brave and combine the accounts giving me a total combined of 92 lifetime nights, I assume that would make me Platinum Elite? Yes, no, maybe? I am somewhat confused as to yearly stays and qualifying for Elite status and lifetime nights and what they qualify for.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
OK thanks, so I did that for both my SPG account and my Marriott account, which I have not yet combined (Scared that something will go wrong, lol). My SPG account says I have 41 lifetime nights and my Marriott account says I have 51 lifetime nights. So, if I do become brave and combine the accounts giving me a total combined of 92 lifetime nights, I assume that would make me Platinum Elite? Yes, no, maybe? I am somewhat confused as to yearly stays and qualifying for Elite status and lifetime nights and what they qualify for.

No, Lifetime Nights only count for lifetime elite status. 92 Lifetime Nights does not provide any lifetime status as the minimum is Lifetime Silver Elite and that requires 250 Lifetime Nights.

Your annual or year-to-date nights provide annual status. If your combined current year nights equal 92, then you are Platinum Premier Elite since you have greater than 75 nights.