• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Elite Night Credit on Vistana Stays

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
In my case, I checked today and the issue isn't fully resolved. I had two back-to-back stays, one 7 days and the other 9 days. Today I see 7 nights added to my YTD stays, but I'm still missing the 9 night stay. Writing back to the rep above results in:

Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards regarding your recent stay at the The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas. We hope you enjoyed your visit with us.

We appreciate the chance to help you with your account. While researching your request, we found that our records indicate that your stay has already posted to your Marriott Rewards account. You can view this stay on your online account summary at MarriottRewards.com.

Generally, if a hotel has your account number on file, your stay will post to your account within ten days after check-out. For those stays that are located outside the United States please allow up to four weeks for properties to post your stays.

If you have additional questions about this matter, please contact our customer service department at:

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/customer-support.mi

Thank you for choosing Marriott.
Which is true for the first stay, but doesn't address the missing second stay. I've written back with more explanation. We'll see what happens. I had submitted two separate claims, so perhaps the second one hasn't been addressed yet, even though I wrote to this rep with all the details.

Pedro

TUG Member
Reaction score
The system is still quite inconsistent, and it makes me wonder how the system is working (or not). Over the past 6 weeks, I've had two short stays at SVR and one 5-day stay at WMH. All of them using Staroptions. I received elite-night credit for one of the SVR stays, none for the second SVR stay, and none for the WMH stay, although the corresponding Marriott Reward points posted for the charges during all three stays. I haven't pursued the elite-night credit since I don't need it this year, but I would have pursued it if the MR points hadn't posted.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
After some more e-mail exchanges, I am still missing some credits, but I received the following information:

If you book multiple rooms at the same hotel you are eligible to earn points or miles for up to two additional rooms at that same hotel on the same night.
This information is visible by clicking on the following link for the Marriott Rewards online terms and conditions.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi

I don't think this applies to Night credits, but if it did, it would put me within striking distance of lifetime Platinum Pro territory, which won't be available after the end of this year.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
After some more e-mail exchanges, I am still missing some credits, but I received the following information:

If you book multiple rooms at the same hotel you are eligible to earn points or miles for up to two additional rooms at that same hotel on the same night.
This information is visible by clicking on the following link for the Marriott Rewards online terms and conditions.

I don't think this applies to Night credits, but if it did, it would put me within striking distance of lifetime Platinum Pro territory, which won't be available after the end of this year.

You're correct. It does not apply to night credits. You may earn points on up to three rooms per night. However, you are only able to earn one night credit per night regardless of the number of rooms rented.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Sorry if this was answered already but does anyone know if you get credit for an accommodation certificate from Interval. It was used for a week at Lagunamar. We are close to our 75 nights for this year so this would make a difference. Thanks for your help

lorenmd

TUG Member
Reaction score
i got credit for an interval exchange at a marriott property. i made sure they put my marriott number in when i checked in and i charged a few things to my room. i got credit for 7 stays

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
While a review of this thread will show you many reports of Interval Exchanges (either an accommodation certificate or otherwise) providing night credit, officially ANY Interval exchange is NOT consider an elgible rate for accumulating night credit. In practice at Marriott resorts if you had your rewards number added to the reservation (either before or at check-in) you usually would receive night credit. However, if the credit doesn't post, in my personal experience reporting it for manual posting does not result in success. When posting the stay requires human intervention after the fact, most Marriott Rewards staff double-check the rate and refuse to post if it was an Interval Exchange.

Bottom line, don't count on nights from Interval Exchanges but do your best to get them posted by having your rewards number added at check-in. I suspect due to the transition of Starwood properties from their system on to Marriott's, these stays are not automatically posting and it may be difficult to get them posted manually after the fact. All properties are supposed to be on the Marriott system by 11 December and I am hopeful this means moving forward we'll have similar success getting night credit for Interval Exchanges (which for me has been good so long as I made sure my rewards number was on the reservation at both check-in and check out; my only failures were two times I forgot to do this and tried to have the stays posted after the fact).

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
While a review of this thread will show you many reports of Interval Exchanges (either an accommodation certificate or otherwise) providing night credit, officially ANY Interval exchange is NOT consider an elgible rate for accumulating night credit. In practice at Marriott resorts if you had your rewards number added to the reservation (either before or at check-in) you usually would receive night credit. However, if the credit doesn't post, in my personal experience reporting it for manual posting does not result in success. When posting the stay requires human intervention after the fact, most Marriott Rewards staff double-check the rate and refuse to post if it was an Interval Exchange.

Bottom line, don't count on nights from Interval Exchanges but do your best to get them posted by having your rewards number added at check-in. I suspect due to the transition of Starwood properties from their system on to Marriott's, these stays are not automatically posting and it may be difficult to get them posted manually after the fact. All properties are supposed to be on the Marriott system by 11 December and I am hopeful this means moving forward we'll have similar success getting night credit for Interval Exchanges (which for me has been good so long as I made sure my rewards number was on the reservation at both check-in and check out; my only failures were two times I forgot to do this and tried to have the stays posted after the fact).
They are checking into it for us. Our reservation started the 17th and the merger was the 18th so they changed systems . They said we would have an answer in 5 days. I'll let you know the verdict

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many years ago, there were reports by Marriott timeshare owners that if you charged to your room you had a better chance to receive credit for the nights stayed. After reading those reports, I started charging bread or some sundry from the MarketPlace. I always received credit when charges were made. The last several years, charging was no longer necessary at Marriott's. If you had your Marriott rewards number, you received credit.

When staying at Vistana, I will start the practice again of charging to the room especially after seeing this post. I may even do so at Marriotts until this is fixed. I have an upcoming stay at Vistana Villages. I'll charge something to the room and report back regarding the nights credited. Meanwhile, I recommend charging something to the room.

I received the 7 nights credit for the recent stay at Vistana Villages booked with an accommodation certificate. I also received a 1,000 bonus points for being Platinum. I charged a few dollars to the room but I had to submit a missing claim to receive the credits. It took about a week for the claim to be processed.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They are checking into it for us. Our reservation started the 17th and the merger was the 18th so they changed systems . They said we would have an answer in 5 days. I'll let you know the verdict
We were told no credit for interval stays so ended up with 66 nights for the year. Although we did get 7 nights credit for a different interval stay this year. Not a biggie for us

blondietink

Reaction score
Still waiting here for 3 nights credit for our StarOption stay in October at Vistana Villages. Had to send in a 2nd request 2 weeks ago and still have heard nothing.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep on it, Barb. I finally got all my nights credited. My reservation added some confusion because I had two rooms with different dates and one even had one night on hotel points. This made it harder to explain by e-mail, but eventually it all worked out.

Seattlenerd

TUG Member
Reaction score
The crediting system is a bit of a mess after the mergers of the SPG and Marriott Rewards systems.

I'm a Vistana (formerly Starwood Vacation Ownership) timeshare owner who tried to get promised stay night credits to my long-time Marriott Rewards account; I also had had a long-time SPG account. I had a few hoops to go through now that SPG has been merged into Marriott Rewards. I did get through the hoops, and a Vistana customer service rep tells me I'm not alone.

In November, I spent seven nights at the Westin Mission Hills Villas in Rancho Mirage. We are long-time SVO/Vistana owners, and had a linked SPG account.

After there was no credit by mid-December, I submitted the folio on the Marriott Rewards site for a missing stay credit. Nothing. A few days later, submitted it a second time. There were several emails back and forth with the "Stay Add Marriott" rep, first stating the name on the reservation didn't match (the timeshare is in both my and my wife's name; had never been an issue with the linked account), then that there were no "eligible charges" or room revenue and therefore no credit allowed (not true; also never an issue before).

I elevated it to the "Internet Customer Care" email address. The first time I was told I'd get points for the stay, and they showed up, for incidentals, but no night stay credits. The second time I pointed out the missing stay credit, I finally got the night stay credits.

It took a half-dozen emails, and five times re-sending the folio, which had the stay dates clearly marked on it, over a week.

A Vistana rep told me problems are not unusual since the programs were combined.

I have also re-confirmed with Vistana that they now have my correct and current combined Marriott Rewards number; Apparently, Vistana was directly given my assigned "new" SPG-conversion number by Marriott prior to our stay-- a new SPG number I chose not to keep when merging my accounts in August.

I suggest any Vistana-formerly-SVO owners expecting Marriott Rewards credits to double-check that Vistana has their current and correct Marriott Rewards account number, that the name on the reservation matches the name on the Marriott Rewards account (especially if a joint Vistana ownership), and to follow up if the stay night credits don't appear -- like hotel stays using point redemptions, owner timeshare use doesn't require room revenue for stay night credits in Marriott Rewards.

youknowthenight

TUG Member
Reaction score
Stayed at Nanea last month, exchanged my SVV through Interval. Gave my Marriott # at check in, had a number of incidental charges during the week. Received stay credit and points a couple of days after checkout.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Posted this in another thread about stay credit at Harborside, but thought it was warranted here too;

This is from the Marriott Rewards T&C;

Non-branded properties - the following non-branded properties participate:

● Hotel Mandji
● The Maxwell New York City Vistana Beach Club
● Philadelphia 201 Hotel
Vistana Beach Club

So it seems that you would receive elite night credit for stays at Vistana Beach Club. Harborside is not listed.

dms11

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana
Per the leaked new T&C of the merged SPG and MR programs. It looks like nights stayed at Vistana properties will start counting toward Elite Night credit. I wonder, will this extend to owner stays?

7.2 Vistana Signature Experiences
7.2.a Vistana Signature Experiences Additional Information.

7.2.b Vistana Participating Properties. Due to the nature of Vistana properties, special conditions apply to their participation in the Loyalty Program as follows:

i. Members will earn Elite Night Credit for a Qualifying Stay at Vistana properties.

ii. Members will earn Points or Miles for all Qualifying Charges at Vistana properties.

iii. Eligible Loyalty Program Members may also earn Points or Miles through Rewarding EventsSM when they book and hold qualifying Events at Vistana properties.

iii. Members do not receive the following benefits (as defined in Section 4) at Vistana properties: Complimentary Enhanced Room Upgrades, late checkout, Suite Night Awards, Guaranteed Room Type, 48-Hour Guaranteed Availability, or Your24.

iv. Free Night Awards at Vistana properties must be booked at least one (1) day in advance of arrival. Vistana properties either do not participate or do not fully participate in the “No Blackout Dates” benefit at this time.

https://pastebin.com/BKQxCSNC

FYI, we recently stayed at Lagunamar and, while the money spent there did result in Marriott points credit, the nights did not result in Marriott Elite Nights credit. I called and emailed Marriott several times before it finally got fixed. Someone had to manually link our Vistana member number (which is different than either our SPG or Marriott member number) to our Marriott member number. Now, supposedly, we will get elite night credit for future Vistana stays. We'll see.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I still haven't received credit for our Lagunamar stay checking out on Jan 22nd. THis whole mess is starting to get old. I confirmed with the front desk that my Bonvoy number was on the reservation. We shouldn't have to fight with missing stay requests, which I am still missing one from SVV in October!

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I still haven't received credit for our Lagunamar stay checking out on Jan 22nd. THis whole mess is starting to get old. I confirmed with the front desk that my Bonvoy number was on the reservation. We shouldn't have to fight with missing stay requests, which I am still missing one from SVV in October!

I’m still missing mine from late August... just absurd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Snowonbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Harborside, Diamond Resorts
After reporting a missing stay, we now have the points from our two day stay at Westin Resort and Spa, Cancun Jan. 21-23. We did not, however, get credit for 2 elite nights. Guess I'll wait till we get home as we are still at Lagunamar. I'll probably have to phone to get credit for all 16 nights rather than relying on their missing stay link on the website. The front desk has confirmed that they have my Marriott number on our account. The merger took place in August and you'd think they would have the kinks out by now.

Last edited:

HankW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SVV, WLR
After reporting a missing stay, we now have the points from our two day stay at Westin Resort and Spa, Cancun Jan. 21-23. We did not, however, get credit for 2 elite nights. Guess I'll wait till we get home as we are still at Lagunamar. I'll probably have to phone to get credit for all 16 nights rather than relying on their missing stay link on the website. The front desk has confirmed that they have my Marriott number on our account. The merger took place in August and you'd think they would have the kinks out by now.

I have been trying to get credit for three nights at Vistana Resort last December/January time frame. So far, no luck. As a reference, here is what I am using to justify the requested stays:

7.2.b Vistana Participating Properties. Due to the nature of Vistana properties, special conditions apply to their participation in the Loyalty Program as follows:

i. Members will earn Elite Night Credit for a Qualifying Stay at Vistana properties.

Marriott Vacation Club and Vistana Resorts T&C:

https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi#vacationclub

blondietink

Reaction score
The crediting system is a bit of a mess after the mergers of the SPG and Marriott Rewards systems.

I'm a Vistana (formerly Starwood Vacation Ownership) timeshare owner who tried to get promised stay night credits to my long-time Marriott Rewards account; I also had had a long-time SPG account. I had a few hoops to go through now that SPG has been merged into Marriott Rewards. I did get through the hoops, and a Vistana customer service rep tells me I'm not alone.

In November, I spent seven nights at the Westin Mission Hills Villas in Rancho Mirage. We are long-time SVO/Vistana owners, and had a linked SPG account.

After there was no credit by mid-December, I submitted the folio on the Marriott Rewards site for a missing stay credit. Nothing. A few days later, submitted it a second time. There were several emails back and forth with the "Stay Add Marriott" rep, first stating the name on the reservation didn't match (the timeshare is in both my and my wife's name; had never been an issue with the linked account), then that there were no "eligible charges" or room revenue and therefore no credit allowed (not true; also never an issue before).

I elevated it to the "Internet Customer Care" email address. The first time I was told I'd get points for the stay, and they showed up, for incidentals, but no night stay credits. The second time I pointed out the missing stay credit, I finally got the night stay credits.

It took a half-dozen emails, and five times re-sending the folio, which had the stay dates clearly marked on it, over a week.

A Vistana rep told me problems are not unusual since the programs were combined.

I have also re-confirmed with Vistana that they now have my correct and current combined Marriott Rewards number; Apparently, Vistana was directly given my assigned "new" SPG-conversion number by Marriott prior to our stay-- a new SPG number I chose not to keep when merging my accounts in August.

I suggest any Vistana-formerly-SVO owners expecting Marriott Rewards credits to double-check that Vistana has their current and correct Marriott Rewards account number, that the name on the reservation matches the name on the Marriott Rewards account (especially if a joint Vistana ownership), and to follow up if the stay night credits don't appear -- like hotel stays using point redemptions, owner timeshare use doesn't require room revenue for stay night credits in Marriott Rewards.

Hi, what exactly is the internet customer care email address? I have tried to ask for missing stays via the missing stay link 3 times and have no luck so far. This has been going on since October and I would like to get it settled.

quhines

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview (RCI Points)
Vacation Village @Weston (RCI Points)
HGVC Tuscany

HankW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SVV, WLR
I think this should be it: customer.care@marriott.com

I got few resorts stays coming up in 2019 (~3 Weeks) and wanted to figure out what is the issue, but it seems like only emails and calls is the way to go for now and making sure (triple check) that your loyalty number is recorded when checking in at the resort.

Finally, after almost ten emails back and forward, I just got this from research@starwoodhotels.com :

Dear Mr. HankW,

Thank you for your email and for sending in your folio.

Please note that I have now credited your account as requested for your stay from 30 December, 2018 to 2 January, 2019.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and have a nice day.

Best regards,

D. C.
Specialty-Loyalty Program Services Coordinator

P.S. We may need to start using: online.account@marriott.com, the email provided above, or both! During all the emails communications I kept getting messages saying that the Starwoodhotels.com domain is no longer valid.

Snowonbeach

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Harborside, Diamond Resorts
Here is the response to my email about our missing Elite night credits at Westin Resort and Spa.

Dear Mrs. Dunning,

Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards regarding your recent stay at The Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun. We hope you enjoyed your visit with us.

We appreciate the chance to help you with your account. While researching your request, we found that the charges on this receipt were booked under a rate that is non-qualifying and therefore not eligible for credit.

To be eligible for credit, your room must not be a contracted rate or part of a master-bill. Rooms booked through third party online retailers such as Expedia.com, Orbitz.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, etc. Wholesale packages are not eligible for points or Elite Night credit regardless of booking source. Military rates at certain overseas locations are subject to local restrictions and may be ineligible for points or Elite Night credit as well.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. If you have additional questions about this matter, please contact our customer service department at:

Sincerely,
Neha
Marriott Rewards Guest Services

I have fired off another email saying that I booked through the Vistana site and that I am an owner. This really is taking too long to resolve or am I wrong thinking we should be eligible for the nights?

blondietink

Reaction score
Here is the response to my email about our missing Elite night credits at Westin Resort and Spa.

Dear Mrs. Dunning,

Thank you for contacting Marriott Rewards regarding your recent stay at The Westin Resort & Spa, Cancun. We hope you enjoyed your visit with us.

We appreciate the chance to help you with your account. While researching your request, we found that the charges on this receipt were booked under a rate that is non-qualifying and therefore not eligible for credit.

To be eligible for credit, your room must not be a contracted rate or part of a master-bill. Rooms booked through third party online retailers such as Expedia.com, Orbitz.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, etc. Wholesale packages are not eligible for points or Elite Night credit regardless of booking source. Military rates at certain overseas locations are subject to local restrictions and may be ineligible for points or Elite Night credit as well.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. If you have additional questions about this matter, please contact our customer service department at:

Sincerely,
Neha
Marriott Rewards Guest Services

I have fired off another email saying that I booked through the Vistana site and that I am an owner. This really is taking too long to resolve or am I wrong thinking we should be eligible for the nights?

I got basically the same response in early December. I pointed out also that my stay was a StarOption stay, that I am an owner at Vistana Vilages (where we stayed). I got a pretty rapid response saying they were sorry, didn't realize we were owners, asked for a copy of the folio, which I sent, they asked the resort to recode the stay and I have heard nothing since, even though I have sent at least 3 more letters.