• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Email from Vistana- Receive at least $100 for Sharing Your Opinion

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
Anyone get this email? I think I may participate.

As a valued Vistana™ Signature Experiences Owner, you’re invited to participate in a study focused on improving the vacation ownership experience.

Professional researchers from Deloitte Consulting will be having conversations with Owners like you in the next few weeks. The interview will not be a sales conversation, but rather a confidential discussion about your overall ownership experience.

To thank you for your time, you will receive a special gift. Owners who live in the Chicago area can be scheduled for an in-person interview and will receive a $150 Visa® Gift Card. Owners outside of the Chicago area can be scheduled for a phone/Skype interview will receive a $100 Visa Gift Card.

This opportunity is optional, but time slots are limited. The researcher will be respectful of your time and will not keep you longer than 60 minutes. If you’re interested in participating, please answer a few questions in this short pre-interview survey. Deloitte will then contact select Owners with appointment details.

Thank you for taking the time to share. Your feedback will help enhance what Vistana Signature Experiences offers so that Owners can continue to enjoy extraordinary vacations.

Last edited:

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We have not received the email, but I would likely participate if we did receive it. I enjoy participating in these types of surveys.

Best regards.

Mike

andysnovel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, Vistana Bella Section, BlueGreen Charleston,SC

As a valued Vistana™ Signature Experiences Owner, you’re invited to participate in a study focused on improving the vacation ownership experience.

Professional researchers from Deloitte Consulting will be having conversations with Owners like you in the next few weeks. The interview will not be a sales conversation, but rather a confidential discussion about your overall ownership experience.

To thank you for your time, you will receive a special gift. Owners who live in the Chicago area can be scheduled for an in-person interview and will receive a $150 Visa® Gift Card. Owners outside of the Chicago area can be scheduled for a phone/Skype interview will receive a $100 Visa Gift Card.

This opportunity is optional, but time slots are limited. The researcher will be respectful of your time and will not keep you longer than 60 minutes. If you’re interested in participating, please answer a few questions in this short Pre-Interview Survey. Deloitte will then contact select Owners with appointment details.

Thank you for taking the time to share. Your feedback will help enhance what Vistana Signature Experiences offers so that Owners can continue to enjoy extraordinary vacations.

I wonder if this survey has to do with upcoming Marriott merger of timeshare systems, sort of a “testing of the waters”?? I would gladly participate as well.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have not received the email, but I would likely participate if we did receive it. I enjoy participating in these types of surveys.

Best regards.

Mike
Thank you Mike -- I work in the survey research industry and it's people like you that pay my salary!

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
If they are paying big bucks to Deloitte Consulting to do this survey, I also bet it is for the integration of Vistana and the Marriott Vacation Club.
I'll definitely participate- express my desire to use my Staroptions within the Marriott network... but at no additional fees. The VSN fee of $145 is enough

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am curious if the owners are chosen randomly or if they are looking for a certain profile based on:
-where they own
-bought resale or retail (or mixed)
-if they own mandatory or voluntary
-one or multiple Vistana weeks
-owners of just Vistana or Vistana and MVC

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
It's odd it is centered in the Chicago area unless they are targeting multiple geos.

Since it is Deloitte, I would expect that this would have more to do with customer experience associated with integrating IT, rather than program design since the latter is not central to their wheelhouse.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
I got a letter in the mail about attending. We weren’t going to be in town that weekend and it was worded in a sales pitch way. We live in the Chicago suburbs, btw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's odd it is centered in the Chicago area unless they are targeting multiple geos.

Since it is Deloitte, I would expect that this would have more to do with customer experience associated with integrating IT, rather than program design since the latter is not central to their wheelhouse.
why do you think it is odd it is centered in Chicago? If the questions target the integration I assume they would get a sense of what the owners may want regardless of the location. Also, it is not impossible that other areas participate as well but we do not know about it yet.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

This opportunity is optional, but time slots are limited. The researcher will be respectful of your time and will not keep you longer than 60 minutes. If you’re interested in participating, please answer a few questions in this short pre-interview survey. Deloitte will then contact select Owners with appointment details.

I am curious, did you buy your timeshares resale or retail?

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
why do you think it is odd it is centered in Chicago? If the questions target the integration I assume they would get a sense of what the owners may want regardless of the location. Also, it is not impossible that other areas participate as well but we do not know about it yet.

I would simply expect that they would target multiple geos to get better sampling unless they have a concentration of customers in the Chicago area or are seeking expansion there.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

Deloitte's consulting group is headquartered in Chicago.

Since Deloitte is in Chicago, that's why the stipend is $150 since you would need to go to their office. Outside of Chicago, Deloitte will call you and thus the stipend is lower at $100.

Last edited:

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
I am curious, did you buy your timeshares resale or retail?

Originally retail, then bought a couple resale in the last couple years. All vistana. No Mvc

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would love to participate too but did not receive any emails or mails. Is there any contact info that we can call to participate in the survey?

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Last century these were useful, now private companies just gather personal data to sell and then give the sponsors whatever conclusion they want.

Sent from my SM-J327W using Tapatalk

Mushed

Reaction score
We got an email, and I’ll try to participate. We only just closed on our Vistana t/s and purchased resale. We’ve stayed at them several times on packages or points, before purchasing.

josh2268

TUG Member
Reaction score

I got the notice also, I'm in Philadelphia area.

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
BEWARE. Last Thursday, I got this Vistana email and filled out their online survey to participate in the study.

Starting on Saturday, I have been unable to access my Vistana.com account online. It's been 4 days. I get weird error messages when I try to log on. I've tried from multiple computers and browsers- I detailed it in this thread
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...iencing-vistana-com-down.295737/#post-2339513

I've never had an outage this long before. I called Vistana and they said it's only affecting some users and no idea how long it will take to fix.
This is way too coincidental.

Did anyone else who filled out this survey get locked out of their account?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
BEWARE. Last Thursday, I got this Vistana email and filled out their online survey to participate in the study.

Starting on Saturday, I have been unable to access my Vistana.com account online. It's been 4 days. I get weird error messages when I try to log on. I've tried from multiple computers and browsers- I detailed it in this thread
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...iencing-vistana-com-down.295737/#post-2339513

I've never had an outage this long before. I called Vistana and they said it's only affecting some users and no idea how long it will take to fix.
This is way too coincidental.

Did anyone else who filled out this survey get locked out of their account?

OK, we understand that you're upset but that's no reason to cross-post. And do you really believe the outage is related to your survey?

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
OK, we understand that you're upset but that's no reason to cross-post. And do you really believe the outage is related to your survey?
I don't know. Like I said, never in 5-10 years have I had my Vistana.com go out for 4 consecutive days with a weird error "Cloudfare" message unlike any I've seen - Vistana saying it only affects some owners. and I've never before responded to a Vistana email online survey, which was just 2 days before the outage.
that's why I'm asking Tug if anyone else had the same experience.

I also bought 3 resale Vistana timeshares recently, very cheaply. Might they be evaluating my account? trying to lock me out of my usage that I'm trying to book?

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
I think it's a legit concern to post about. This should be a site free of judgement and sarcasm

Sent from my SM-J327W using Tapatalk

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I did NOT receive a survey, but I DO have "gateway time-out", unable to log in for the last two days. So these are not connected.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I didn't get the survey, just bought a developer Westin package and am getting the gateway time-out so I'm certain there is no connection.