• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Embarq Resort Fees

ira g

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have reserved a week at Embarq Tremblant, a week at Embarq Blue Mountain and a week at Embarq Sandestin. We are not Embarq or Diamond owners. These weeks were exchanged through Interval International. I am getting conflicting answers to my question about Resort Fees, directly from the resorts front desk and Interval with no concrete answer. Does anyone have any idea if we will be required to pay any resort fee and what that amount would be? Thanks for you help.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will never get definitive information from Diamond. Answers always depend on who you take with. One persons says one thing, another says something else: it's the Diamond way.

Here is what's posted on the resort pages for each of the three locations:

Tremblant
No information about the resort fee

Blue Mountain
"-A resort fee of $21.95 CAD plus tax per night will be added to the reservation if the owner or member of THE Club® is checking in on a rental reservation."

Sandestin
"When checking in:
"- Hotel Guests: A photo identification, credit card for $100 security deposit and a daily $21.95 plus tax resort fee will be required (cash is not an acceptable form of deposit).
"- Member Points Booking: Photo Identification and credit card for security deposit will need to be provided at check-in. Resort fees* will be waived when staying on your member point reservations. A resort fee of $21.95 plus tax per night will be added to the reservation if the member of Embarc™ is checking in on a rental reservation."

The non-Embarc resorts that Diamond manages state the resort for "Hotel Guests and Exchange Reservation." Maybe the Embarc resorts are an exception and they don't charge exchange guests (so "Exchange Reservation" is not in the text). Maybe the person writing the web page made a mistake by leaving out "Exchange Reservation". Clearly a mistake was make by the Diamond employee who wrote the Blue Mountain text, because Embarc members are not member of THE Club.

Good luck, but even if you get the correct information, you will not know it is correct. Diamond is sorry company.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Just checked into Embarc Palm Desert today. There was no mention of any resort fees and there wasn't anything mentioned on my II confirmation either. The concierge mentioned that I was not a "hotel guest", but an exchanger. I'll let you know if that changes at check out.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Embarc Palm Desert did not charge me when I was last there. Of course, things change...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ira g

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called II again last night and the vacation guide went over the listings for my three above resorts and said he sees no mention for II exchanges of any resort fees. We will have to wait for check in and check out. Thanks.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When We stayed at Diamond resorts last spring, I was expecting a resort fee, but it wasn’t charged. We did have to pay for parking. It was two units, one an II exchange, the other a getaway.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked into Embarc Palm Desert today. There was no mention of any resort fees and there wasn't anything mentioned on my II confirmation either. The concierge mentioned that I was not a "hotel guest", but an exchanger. I'll let you know if that changes at check out.
TIA, Katherine. I'll be there in August on an II Getaway, so it will be useful to know. I haven't been charged the fee before, but the last time I was there was back in 2013 (IIRC, it was still Club Intrawest then).

dsexton

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Beach Quarters, RiverPointe, Westin Lagunamar, Sea Scape Beach and Golf Villas

klpca and Ken55 - I'm headed here in December - any tips or recommendations ?

IdahoSuz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palm Springs Tennis Club (3)
HiltonLake Tahoe Vacation Resort
I stayed at the Embarc in Palm Desert about 6 weeks ago with an II exchange. I was not charged a resort fee. Let us know if you get charged at the Sandestin property as I was able to secure an exchange there for next year.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
klpca and Ken55 - I'm headed here in December - any tips or recommendations ?
This place is honestly one of my favorites. The resort grounds are fabulous. We live close by so our normal routine here is to relax and unwind, so we really appreciate the beauty of the resort. As far as "things to do", our regular suggestions are the Palm Springs Tram, the Aviation museum, and hiking in Joshua Tree NP. There are tours of mid-century homes but we've never gotten around to going but they look interesting.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
TIA, Katherine. I'll be there in August on an II Getaway, so it will be useful to know. I haven't been charged the fee before, but the last time I was there was back in 2013 (IIRC, it was still Club Intrawest then).
Just checked out. No resort fees. Small victories!

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Indeed. Thanks!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I am wondering if Sandestin will have a resort fee. I didn't even consider that might be the case. I have two weeks for next May. Those may be re-traded for Marriott's resort there. I have choices.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked out. No resort fees. Small victories!
An update. I just checked out a week ago. Did not incur resort fees.

Brian Allen

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Timber Lodge
I am a Marriott Vacation Club Owner with points and am interested in trying to trade with an Embarc owner for Sandestin in the Summer. I should be able to get you in to a MVC of your choice in exchange. I know there are a lot of variables for two people to discuss to ensure a fair trade but I am open and can speak with you by phone to see if we can come to an arrangement. Please reply if interested.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
We are headed to Embarc Palm Desert in December in a 1 bdrm. Can anyone let me know if those units have washer/dryer? Microwave? What is parking situation (free with II exchange?) Especially nice buildings/units to ask for? Thanks for any info.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not think I paid any resort fees at Embarc Tremblant

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
We are headed to Embarc Palm Desert in December in a 1 bdrm. Can anyone let me know if those units have washer/dryer? Microwave? What is parking situation (free with II exchange?) Especially nice buildings/units to ask for? Thanks for any info.

Each building has a laundry room, not in unit. Microwave, yes (what timeshare doesn’t?). Free parking.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Each building has a laundry room, not in unit. Microwave, yes (what timeshare doesn’t?). Free parking.
All the blds are relatively small so the laundry rooms were not used very much. Free machines and free soap

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All the blds are relatively small so the laundry rooms were not used very much. Free machines and free soap

Very helpful to know about the laundry, parking and microwave (I figured there MUST be one but did not see it on the confirmation). Thanks all.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Am here at Embarc Palm Desert now and there are two washer/dryers in the building below our unit but NO soap just to warn prospective visitors. May be another casualty of covid but don't plan on laundry soap being here.

Addendum: My error. There was one packet of soap in our unit under the kitchen sink and I am sure they would give us more if we asked. Apologies for the error.

Last edited:

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Am here at Embarc Palm Desert now and there are two washer/dryers in the building below our unit but NO soap just to warn prospective visitors. May be another casualty of covid but don't plan on laundry soap being here.

IIRC, there was a big box of soup in the laundry room. You might check another laundry room in a different building.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
IIRC, there was a big box of soup in the laundry room. You might check another laundry room in a different building.

We don't actually need it (we have a laundry "kit" we just bring everywhere) but a lot of the "common use" items of yore seem to be gone with covid, and whether it makes any sense at all (it doesn't), it doesn't seem to matter. In a pinch there is Ralph's 0.5 mi from here that has everything anyone could possibly want.