• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Encore Package - am I guaranteed only Garden View?

DJensen

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have an Encore package booked for Ocean Watch (Myrtle Beach) next April (Tues - Sat) and need to add a day to front end of the stay with points. With the different views available (OF, OV and GV) am I best to book the Garden View as that is where we will be placed for the Encore package? Don't really want to move rooms after one day. Guessing no guarantee but better odds of same room with Garden View.

Anyone successfully get a good view for an Encore stay? Any tricks to try to get even Ocean View?

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually I had the opposite-- Encore package gave me "Ocean Side." We had just enough points for one extra night in Garden View on the back end of the visit. We had to move. Admittedly, they were busy that holiday week. Was kinda nice moving into a freshly made room :)

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Best to call and ask them what you'll be getting so you can make a good decision.
But in general you basically get whatever is available, although some resorts hold open a few units for that,
but it's always different at each resort, and things can change even there.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
We did Encore at both Newport and Waikoloa, very nice resorts, but we got the worst view at both, and no amount of sweet talking the check in lady would change it. We mistakenly thought that Encore was to get you back and try talking you into a purchase, thus they would want to impress you with a nice room, but not the case for us.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
We specifically negotiated view category as part of an encore package. Happened at Maui Ocean Club around 2016. Cost $100 or $200 for the upgrade to ocean view.

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
We were lucky enough to do an Encore package at MOW from June 29-July 6, this past summer. I called several times in the week leading up to our check-in. I was only told that the villa type would be assigned at check-in and they would not know until that day. While I find that hard to believe, I didn't push it. In the end, we received an OceanSide unit for the Encore.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
We just stayed in oceanfront at Hilton Head Grande ocean on an encore package so I believe it varies. We did not make any requests prior to arriving or at the front dest they just said "you're in an Ocean Front 8554" it was an awesome room.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
We just stayed in oceanfront at Hilton Head Grande ocean on an encore package so I believe it varies. We did not make any requests prior to arriving or at the front dest they just said "you're in an Ocean Front 8554" it was an awesome room.

Congratulations........
Awesome building and even better villa. Glad you were the beneficiary of the wonderful staff at GO.
They do this every now and then, and it's fantastic. Hope you enjoyed the island and had decent enough weather
to explore Harbor Town, South Beach, etc, etc.....Hope you can come back when you're able to stay a while---it grows on you.
Quite a different feel than Chicago, right?

Btw, Chicago is on our radar for a visit-----might look you up soon.
I visited as a teen, and wife has never been----we hear good things.
We've been everywhere else, mixing in other big cities amongst our destinations, so it's right up our alley.
So far we love Boston the best, 5 wonderful stays in last 7 years,
but will be very happy to experience the best of Chicago.