• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Encore Package

travelgirl8

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have an encore package that I need to use by May. I am interested in which destinations are the best for a couple. What destinations have other Tuggers used with this type of package? I also have the Southwest companion pass until Dec of this year. Any help would be appreciated.

stslc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside, MOC Sequel
We just returned from an Encore trip to Maui Ocean Club. We had a beautiful ocean front studio. Not sure you can beat MOC. We were offered another package and will be returning with the kids sometime in the next year or so.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
We used ours at Ocean Watch in Myrtle Beach, SC and had a great stay.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You get these package offers after you go on a tour, right? I stopped going on tours. Is there anyway else to get one?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You get these package offers after you go on a tour, right? I stopped going on tours. Is there anyway else to get one?
Yes, these are offered after you decline to purchase during a tour. They hope to get one more crack at selling to you.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score

Don't think there is another way. The Encore packages have always seemed too expensive to me, maybe they are different at different resorts. I was not going to pay ~$1,000 for 4 nights somewhere, not enough time either.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
For the OP, be sure and check the details. I know when we accepted an Encore invite while on Maui there were two packages. One was for Hawaii and a cheaper one for CONUS resorts.

Also, don't forget you are normally charged as if a retail purchase, i.e., you pay for parking and resort fee, which adds to the total cost....unless you can negotiate it off, after you get there.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
My friends got a full 7 night stay at Cypress Harbor for not much money. I don't know the exact amount and I don't feel like making the call to find out. But I remember it being around $500. They attended a presentation and they were offered the encore package when they declined.

By the way, what is a CONUS resort?

For the OP, be sure and check the details. I know when we accepted an Encore invite while on Maui there were two packages. One was for Hawaii and a cheaper one for CONUS resorts.

Also, don't forget you are normally charged as if a retail purchase, i.e., you pay for parking and resort fee, which adds to the total cost....unless you can negotiate it off, after you get there.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
Don't think there is another way. The Encore packages have always seemed too expensive to me, maybe they are different at different resorts. I was not going to pay ~$1,000 for 4 nights somewhere, not enough time either.

The pricing and what the package includes does vary by resort. While it typically includes a stay of some length, a quantity of MRPs, and possibly a cruise voucher, the exact amounts of each or possibly other package components vary greatly. Our Encore package to OceanWatch was for a 6 night stay, a block of MRPs, and a cruise voucher.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

A couple of times on a call with Marriott hotels reservation line, they forwarded me to another department to sell preview MVC packages. One other time, I attended a travel show in DC and Marriott Vacation Club was there offering preview packages. Both packages were cheaper than the encore packages. Unfortunately, I couldn't sign up because I already had an encore package in process. I still have the DC rep's info in case you want a preview package in DC. It was dirt cheap.

The preview packages will not come with free enrollment but if you don't have any pre-June 2010 resales weeks that wouldn't matter to you anyway.

catharsis

TUG Member
Reaction score
are those 'preview' packages available to existing owners? - I always assumed not?

they are (if I am not mistaken, which is a big IF) what people get when added to your friendshare list also....

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
are those 'preview' packages available to existing owners? - I always assumed not?

they are (if I am not mistaken, which is a big IF) what people get when added to your friendshare list also....

Existing owners are eligible. I asked this question each time I was forwarded and to the reps on the travel show. All indicated existing owners are eligible as long as there is no open encore package at the time. I still had an encore package open at those times so I couldn't participate.

Fredward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin- Lagunamar, Kierland Villas, Marriott- Barony Beach, Aruba Surf Club
OP- I'm assuming that you have to use your Encore package by May of '19. Since you have a SW companion pass this year, why don't you consider going to Aruba? SW flies there with a connection through BWI. If you like California, Newport Beach is lovely (another good use of your CP) and all of their villas are 2 BR, in case you want to take along friends or family. I assume that your Encore pkg isn't for a full week, but you could add additional nights wherever.
We just got back from MOC and used our CP to get us to LA. Since SW doesn't fly to Hawaii yet, we used United miles for that route- many less miles than from the East coast. If you could get another week in Hawaii added onto to the Encore pkg, it would be great!

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
You might want to consider NCV in Orange County, CA or Crystal Shores on Marco Island. Both are good adult destinations and weather is nice even during fringe seasons. I know SW flies to John Wayne, CA and I think it flies to Ft. Myers.