• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Enterprise car rental - HNL

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Sorry for such a specific question but could not find a way to search for Enterprise specifically. Have been to their website which is really unhelpful.

Usually use Hertz as I am a long time gold member and the gold service in Hawaii is so nice to have since the rental places are always packed. But they are too expensive for HNL in November so booked Enterprise and have a loyalty program number with them. Will that allow us to get the car easily? I will do anything to not have to stand in line for minutes to hours (I read the posts!) waiting to do a really "old fashioned" check in that takes forever. I know I am spoiled with hertz Gold Service, but any info about Enterprise appreciated.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't help you with your specifics but strongly suggest you check out Costco (assuming you are a member).

Their prices have been shown to be very attractive....

I'm sure others will chime in.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Also check AutoSlash.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Enterprise "Plus" is one. Dollar "Express." Thrifty "Blue Chip." Get "Fastbreak" at Budget - your papers are waiting for you, and you go right to your waiting car. Alamo "Insider" lets you prepay before you leave home, and skip the line. Any is good, but Budget has been my favorite through Costco.com. Great program, and even greater service.

I would never waste time standing in line waiting for my car. I rented this past weekend in New Orleans through Budget, and my Fastbreak papers were waiting when I arrived. They handed me my papers packet, I went directly to my car, loaded and left - all within about five minutes. There were dozens waiting at the regular counter.

Dave

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Enterprise "Plus" is one. Dollar "Express." Thrifty "Blue Chip." Get "Fastbreak" at Budget - your papers are waiting for you, and you go right to your waiting car. Alamo "Insider" lets you prepay before you leave home, and skip the line. Any is good, but Budget has been my favorite through Costco.com. Great program, and even greater service.

I would never waste time standing in line waiting for my car. I rented this past weekend in New Orleans through Budget, and my Fastbreak papers were waiting when I arrived. They handed me my papers packet, I went directly to my car, loaded and left - all within about five minutes. There were dozens waiting at the regular counter.

Dave

Thank you. It is really interesting to me that for all the time I spend looking into Costco and some of the companies websites, there is not much specific info on them about the pick-up process. Will cross my fingers. And if you get Budget from Costco do they, or Budget, give you the "skip the line" perks? Apparently Hertz does not (from another poster. Hertz of course does not address this, nor does Costco.)

Last edited:

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Thank you. It is really interesting to me that for all the time I spend looking into Costco and some of the companies websites, there is not much specific info on them about the pick-up process. Will cross my fingers. And if you get Budget from Costco do they, or Budget, give you the "skip the line" perks? Apparently Hertz does not (from another poster. Hertz of course does not address this, nor does Costco.)
As long as you enter your Budget Fastbreak number when you make the reservation through Costco, you will get the "skip the line" perks. I don't think Hertz is one of the companies Costco works with. I've gotten Hertz reservations through AutoSlash, but the airport we rented at was so small it didn't matter if we were members or not. There was no line.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Even if you forget to give them your Fastbreak number, after you get your Confirmation number, you can call Budget and ask to add the Fastbreak number to your reservation. That’s what skipping the line is all about.

Dave