• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

European Sales Presentation

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Son Antem
Gold 2 Bedroom 14.900€
2019 MF paid
MF 1070€ per year
DP 2925

Just said I would report back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Other things mentioned but that was in my opinion best of what they were offering!

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
US $...
Gold 2 Bedroom $16920
2019 MF paid
MF $1215/yr
DP 2925

Presume that what you got quoted recently, so same deal.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Presume that what you got quoted recently, so same deal.

Just did a currency conversion of your post for those that don't speak Euro. ;-)

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the best MVCI deal I have seen . Would you say that Gold season is still a time you can comfortably swim in the Mediterranean?

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the best MVCI deal I have seen . Would you say that Gold season is still a time you can comfortably swim in the Mediterranean?
I can’t comment on the sea temperature, but in Marbella Beach Resort last year we were swimming in the pools in late March in Silver season.
It can be quite variable though, the week before there was flooding!

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza

Yes for sure you can! We do anyway!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
It depends on when during gold season. At the beginning of the season I'd say no but once you're into June then yes, certainly September and October. Son Antem is an anomaly within the European resorts insofar that it has a Gold Holiday season which covers the school breaks except for the summer one. This means it's a bit more restrictive than the comparable Gold weeks in Marbella and Playa Andaluza however at the moment it suits us fine but I'm not sure it'll be quite so ideal once the kids no longer come with us.

Presumably this resale week comes with enrollment into the DP system otherwise there's a lot cheaper if buying from other vendors.

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the housekeeping labor lower here? Just wondering how the maintenance fee can be so much more reasonable than in the USA ? It seems to be roughly 20% or more less expensive than other locations that I own in the system. Perhaps it is less likely to need a special storm damage assessment ?

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold

At $5.78 per point, you can get that through a deal with Marriott when they are wheeling and dealing which is usually during summer. You usually have to deal with corporate to get those kind of numbers, but they are there.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score

In May, 2750 points Andaluza was $13k, so pretty close. $4.76/pt

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
I didn’t go for it as have enough for now! But wanted to give the info!

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is nice to know of deals like this, if they dream up a level above Chairman that has a meaningful unique benefit . Does anyone know if they offer Even Year , as an option for either of the Spain properties ? I am overweighted on the ODD years

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
They do have EOY but not sure if even or odd.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Is the housekeeping labor lower here? Just wondering how the maintenance fee can be so much more reasonable than in the USA ? It seems to be roughly 20% or more less expensive than other locations that I own in the system. Perhaps it is less likely to need a special storm damage assessment ?

I suspect the lower MFs when converted to US dollars has more to do with the dollar being 20-30% stronger against the euro now than 10 years ago. I own a Marbella week, which I purchased to get inexpensive enrollment and get up to Presidential Level. I do not think buying a Spain week for the currently low MFs makes sense for Americans since it is subject to currency fluctuations. I was just reading an article on Europe travel and it said Europe is on sale now for Americans since the dollar is so strong.