• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchanging Bent Creek via RCI?

2rebecca

TUG Member
Reaction score
My parents own a summer week in one of the log cabins at Bent Creek Golf Village in Gatlinburg, TN. For the past 20+ years they have used their week at their home resort except for 1 year when they traded via RCI. That trade was in 2001, so it has been so long our memory is fuzzy with details. Plus, the exchange was during 9/11, so I’m not sure anything about it would be typical. Anyway, my mom is wondering if she can exchange it for a Disney Resort via RCI. I know Disney trades via RCI, but do Disney owners actually deposit any weeks into RCI? If so, are there typically any 2 bedroom units available? Is there a way to know before depositing into RCI if your deposit is strong enough to match with Disney 2-bedroom unit? Does RCI offer a “request first” option similar to II? She would be looking for fall break week which for us is the 1st week of October (not this year). I usually book Marriott or Vistana via II getaways for <$300/wk, so she is not interested in exchanging for anything other than Disney.

If it matters, her home resort is now managed (owned?) by Diamond and she owns a deeded week. I think—and I stress think—she exchanged with points in 2001 when Bent Creek was owned by Sunterra. But, after reading posts on here, maybe it was TPU. If she told me a number, I would have just assumed points, since my experience is with II.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney now only does 1 bedrooms. I checked a July week in RCI and it was worth 27 TPU. You can check the sightings for exact numbers, but in general I would say that would only be enough for a discounted last minute dvc week.

2rebecca

TUG Member
Reaction score
2BRs have not been seen in a very long time. Stick with your Vistana/Marriott plan.
Thanks for the info. The Orlando deals via II are hard to beat and we are never disappointed. We do occasionally dream of staying onsite at Disney....until we see the prices. :)

Disney now only does 1 bedrooms. I checked a July week in RCI and it was worth 27 TPU. You can check the sightings for exact numbers, but in general I would say that would only be enough for a discounted last minute dvc week.
Thank you for checking on the TPU's. Both you and @bnoble have confirmed my suspicions that a Disney Resort exchange would be near impossible, especially for a 2-bedroom. Can you (or any other RCI members) give me an example of what 27 TPU's would get her if she did exchange via RCI (non-Disney)? I know folks post last minute deals on the sightings forum, but I'm curious about typical, non-discounted exchanges.