• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Exchanging RCI points for DVC

Jennifer Pitt

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fiesta Americana
I have heard that only weeks show up in ongoing searches. Suggestions to keep an eye on sightings helps locate when points are deposited.

How do I book with RCI if my sightings show points deposited but their system shows no availability?

I have an ongoing search that has been open since last spring for a week in early 2020

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
I have read and been told (here & from RCI) that I can not set up an on-going search with points, only with our week. I don't understand why not, but I sure wish I could. I don't deposit our week because we bought where we like to go and use it. With my points acct I can only see a few 1 bedroom units at Disney (Saratoga Springs) for this June costing 54 to 85K RCI points, that is looking between now and March 2021.

~Diane

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
DVC typically deposits 3-6 months in advance. I don't know that there have been any 2020 deposits yet. It certainly doesn't hurt to start a search early. I am not exactly sure what you are asking. You can't book a points deposit until they make one for dates that you want and you log on and book before someone else books it.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I have heard that only weeks show up in ongoing searches. Suggestions to keep an eye on sightings helps locate when points are deposited.

How do I book with RCI if my sightings show points deposited but their system shows no availability?

I have an ongoing search that has been open since last spring for a week in early 2020
Hi Jennifer,
Since this is your 2nd post, I’m going to assume you’re new to some of the terminology we use on TUG.:cool:

You wrote: I have heard that only weeks show up in ongoing searches.
RCI has two programs RCI WEEKS and RCI POINTS. Resorts can participate in either one or both RCI programs depending on their RCI affiliation. Disney participates in both programs therefore Disney deposits can be found in both.

However with RCI, when you setup an ongoing search (OGS), it will only search inventory in the RCI WEEKS program. You have to manually search online for Disney deposits within RCI POINTS.

Also, the bulk of Disney deposits are primarily for 7 night stays in one one bedroom at Disney’s Saratoga Springs.
You wrote: Suggestions to keep an eye on sightings helps locate when points are deposited.
On TUG, when we refer to “Sightings”, we’re talking about posts made by TUG Members on the TUG SIGHTINGS Forum - https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?forums/sightings-distressed.3/ (you need to be a paid member to access this forum).
TUG members will post what’s currently “sighted” online in RCI since timeshare deposits are random. The suggestion is to watch the TUG Sightings Forum for posts regarding new Disney deposits.

You wrote: How do I book with RCI if my sightings show points deposited but their system shows no availability?
I think you meant that you have points but don’t see anything available online. Disney availability changes constantly sometimes multiple times a day. Sometimes several days/weeks will pass with no deposit activity.
You wrote: I have an ongoing search that has been open since last spring for a week in early 2020
As stated in the post above, Disney deposits a few months before check-in. We haven’t seen 2020 deposits yet. I suggest searching online for 2019 deposits from time to time, so you can get a general idea of availability. And remember you have to search online for Disney deposits made into the RCI POINTS program.
I hope this helps and Welcome to TUG :hi:

Last edited:

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Hi Jennifer,
Since this is your 2nd post, I’m going to assume you’re new to some of the terminology we use on TUG.:cool:

You wrote: I have heard that only weeks show up in ongoing searches.
RCI has two programs RCI WEEKS and RCI POINTS. Resorts can participate in either one or both RCI programs depending on their RCI affiliation. Disney participates in both programs therefore Disney deposits can be found in both.

However with RCI, when you setup an ongoing search (OGS), it will only search inventory in the RCI WEEKS program. You have to manually search online for Disney deposits within RCI POINTS.

Also, the bulk of Disney deposits are primarily for 7 night stays in one one bedroom at Disney’s Saratoga Springs.
You wrote: Suggestions to keep an eye on sightings helps locate when points are deposited.
On TUG, when we refer to “Sightings”, we’re talking about posts made by TUG Members on the TUG SIGHTINGS Forum - https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?forums/sightings-distressed.3/ (you need to be a paid member to access this forum).
TUG members will post what’s currently “sighted” online in RCI since timeshare deposits are random. The suggestion is to watch the TUG Sightings Forum for posts regarding new Disney deposits.

You wrote: How do I book with RCI if my sightings show points deposited but their system shows no availability?
I think you meant that you have points but don’t see anything available online. Disney availability changes constantly sometimes multiple times a day. Sometimes several days/weeks will past with no deposit activity.
You wrote: I have an ongoing search that has been open since last spring for a week in early 2020
As stated in the post above, Disney deposits a few months before check-in. We haven’t seen 2020 deposits yet. I suggest searching online for 2019 deposits from time to time, so you can get a general idea of availability. And remember you have to search online for Disney deposits made into the RCI POINTS program.
I hope this helps and Welcome to TUG :hi:

I’ve only been following TUG regularly for a few months, and this is very helpful! Thanks!

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
I’ve only been following TUG regularly for a few months, and this is very helpful! Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback :thumbup:

Just a heads up to those who might not know...
There are sticky threads listed at the top of each forum that contain lots of helpful information as well. :)

Jennifer Pitt

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fiesta Americana
Thank you for this info. I have an open search going that I used with points. I have seen various deposits for SSR for semi last minute but I was hopping for AKL which is Why I did the open search 2 years out.

Has anyone had luck with open search’s as opposed to last minute deposits?

How soon is it likely my open search would be filled? I have heard 3-6 months prior to requested dates...is that pretty accurate?

Thanks again :)

JohnB3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - SSR
Grandview Las Vegas (RCI Points)
Marriott - Willow Ridge
Thank you for this info. I have an open search going that I used with points. I have seen various deposits for SSR for semi last minute but I was hopping for AKL which is Why I did the open search 2 years out.

Has anyone had luck with open search’s as opposed to last minute deposits?

How soon is it likely my open search would be filled? I have heard 3-6 months prior to requested dates...is that pretty accurate?

Thanks again :)
I don't think we see much AKL in RCI (I've seen none in the past year and I look most days and watch sightings). 99% is SSR with a very occasional OKW I've only seen 1 bedroom units in the points range (23,000 for short notice or 54,000 to 85,000 1 to 6 months out). If you want trade your RCI points into DVC i'd readjust to expecting to trade into SSR at around 3 to 6 months. If you have your heart set on AKL a better option might be to rent points from a DVC owner as AKL is generally available to book with DVC points. AlwaysonVac is TUG's resident RCI/II sighting expert and a great source of advice.

Goldi

TUG Member
Reaction score
When do 2020 deposits usually start showing up for SSR?

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Friendly reminder: Sightings Requests are a benefit of TUG membership and should be requested and responded to in the TUG Sightings Forum.

Goldi

TUG Member
Reaction score

JohnB3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - SSR
Grandview Las Vegas (RCI Points)
Marriott - Willow Ridge
you should spend $15 and join tug as that's a great question to ask on the sightings board which is only available to paying members

louisianab

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV and Vacation Village at Williamsburg.
you should spend $15 and join tug as that's a great question to ask on the sightings board which is only available to paying members
This is so worth it !