• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Extending expired week with II

Nanoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I learned this lesson the hard way. I opted to extend my week by 9 months because it was going to expire and I hadn’t used it yet. I did NOT know that you can only look at weeks that are 3 days beyond the current date up to 59 days until I reach the extended expiration date and I also did not know that can’t put an ongoing request using that week. The II advisor never mentioned the date restrictions or that you can’t put an ongoing request on it when he suggested extending it for a fee. Maybe you all know this one already. But is worth mentioning, in case you didn’t know.

I get this message when I do a search. “This Unredeemed Deposit was deposited as a Late Deposit with an expiration date of February 10, 2006. A Late Deposit is made 59 to 14 days before the check-in date of the week deposited. Because this is a Flex Deposit, you are restricted to select travel dates within the next 59 days or through your deposit expiration date which ever comes first.”

Nothing much is coming up when I’m searching (every day). I will probably write-off this week as a loss unless something “good” happens to appear or we decide to go someplace just for the heck of it.

Joni

Last edited:

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This February, my wife was going to Virginia Beach for a week---and they had a resort on II Getaways. (I think it was $299---perhaps $399).

We instead paid $39 to extended an expired week of her dad's, then traded for another $129 = $168---so we saved a few bucks.

I guess what I'm suggesting, as I thinn back about it, is, perhaps before paying to extend a week----look at Getaways-----that will give you an idea of what is out there to trade for.

Does anyone agree/disagree with this??

Pat

Dani

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry that you had to find this out the hard way. This is one area in which RCI has it over II. When you extend a week with RCI, you keep your same trade power and can still initiate on-going searches.

2Blessed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't despair. You will be surprised at what you will find online within the 59 day window. I will admit, that you will need patience, and to search frequently online. Some of my best trades have been within 59 days.

Brenda

ValDar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Extending expired week

I had exactly the same experience with II in extending an expiring week, and it came as a total surprise to me, too. I complained and complained, spent a whole lot of time on the phone with II, and got absolutely no where. I think II needs to be much more upfront and clear about this.

Corinne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Joni,

If possible, try searching in the middle of the night. I find some terrific things online around 3 or 4 a.m. EST. Search repeatedly over the course of an hour or so and you might be pleasantly surprised. Good luck.

-Corinne

Nanoose said:
Nothing much is coming up when I’m searching (every day). I will probably write-off this week as a loss unless something “good” happens to appear or we decide to go someplace just for the heck of it.

Joni