• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Finding a good TS trader to buy

Tuguser1#

Reaction score
New to TUG and Forum. Like what I have seen so far! Have owned Marriott weeks and points for 20+ years. Looking to buy a resale week that would be a good trader. Prefer Marriott because I'm familiar with their resorts and system but am willing to consider others. Ideas on what resorts would be good candidates and what criteria to look for?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
You may or may not get serious answers, because you're asking people to tell you where to find the golden goose. The trick of timesharing (as I'm sure you know) is to make the most of what you own, with the least amount of investment. If the secret gets out of the hidden gems, they won't be hidden any longer, and the value could easily slip away. Great trading timeshares are usually those located in higher demand areas, but with lower density of available timeshares. The trick will be to find one that everyone wants to visit, but where there is less inventory to satisfy the demand. And unfortunately, those places usually come at higher cost, which offsets the resale value for the new buyer. A seller who owns something they know is great isn't likely to give it away too cheaply.

I'm not a Marriott person, so unfortunately I can't speak to your exact request. In my limited experience, every Marriott is a good trader, for the reasons I named above.

Good luck!
Dave

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott is a good trader if you want to trade into other Marriotts. There are more cost effective traders that will get you Marriotts that aren't Marriotts.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The first question is where do want to go to frequently and which resorts (brand and quality) do you have in mind at those locations. For instance, we frequently direct newbies to Worldmark because it is very cost effective and about a 3.5 star quality resort and it is in the cities up and down the west coast of the US. But if you do not want to go below Marriott's quality then you still want to find out what sort of places/locations you would like to visit. Marriott has stronger presence than other equivalent high quality resorts under Vistana, Hyatt and Hilton.

Tuguser1#

Reaction score
The first question is where do want to go to frequently and which resorts (brand and quality) do you have in mind at those locations. For instance, we frequently direct newbies to Worldmark because it is very cost effective and about a 3.5 star quality resort and it is in the cities up and down the west coast of the US. But if you do not want to go below Marriott's quality then you still want to find out what sort of places/locations you would like to visit. Marriott has stronger presence than other equivalent high quality resorts under Vistana, Hyatt and Hilton.
Looking to buy a resale for trading, not to occupy.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Judging by the Marriott weeks and points background I am guessing the OP wants an II value trader. With Marriott preference the best value traders are Willow Ridge and Grande Vista. Outside of Marriott preference there are many and DaveNW is right, people these days have nothing to gain by shouting the best value traders to buy. One thing I have noticed in II is that a place with overloaded timeshares does not mean lower trading power. It is actually the opposite because many of the places that have plenty of timeshares have huge demand during peak seasons which is the reason why those timeshares were built. Poor rental value because of the competition but plenty of trading power.