• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

First American Title

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Hello,

I am looking at buying my first Hyatt resell and seller says they would prefer to use First American Title over LT Transfers.

Does anyone have a contact for them and an idea of what they will charge.

Thanks,

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems to me that whomever PAYS for the transfer chooses who does it.

Jim

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Seems to me that whomever PAYS for the transfer chooses who does it.

Jim

I kind of agree. First American Title charges about $675-700 while LT Transfer charges around $250-$275 for same process.

Anyway I provided seller a contract with his closing company but said I would allow him to pick his company provided he was willing to pay the additional cost. I agreed to cover $300 and he could pick up the rest. Or if he wanted to go with LT I would pay it all.

The other thing that sucks for the buyer is: First American Title charges an non refundable initial deposit of $500 before they start ROFR paper work. LT charges $50. If unit gets ROFR by Hyatt you are out either. So if using First American Title I have him paying the initial $500 if using LT I agreed to pay $50 initial fee.

Unit is a good week, in resort I would like and at a fair price. So I hope it works out with seller, we will see.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I kind of agree. First American Title charges about $675-700 while LT Transfer charges around $250-$275 for same process.

Anyway I provided seller a contract with his closing company but said I would allow him to pick his company provided he was willing to pay the additional cost. I agreed to cover $300 and he could pick up the rest. Or if he wanted to go with LT I would pay it all.

The other thing that sucks for the buyer is: First American Title charges an non refundable initial deposit of $500 before they start ROFR paper work. LT charges $50. If unit gets ROFR by Hyatt you are out either. So if using First American Title I have him paying the initial $500 if using LT I agreed to pay $50 initial fee.

Unit is a good week, in resort I would like and at a fair price. So I hope it works out with seller, we will see.

We bought HGVC, not Hyatt, but this is what we paid:

Escrow: $300
Doc Prep $50
Courier Fee $50
Transfer Tax $23
Recording Fee $40
Title Insurance: $250

Since we were purchasing a fairly decent sized unit, we bought the insurance. I did not know about the non refundable ROFR from First American.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
My seller has agreed to go with LT. Transfer

Damn timeshares are addictive. As soon as I sign the docs for the seller another broker emails me about another one.

I used to stay in Wyndham’s still do, but the Hyatt’s are quite the step up. In fact last weekend I stayed in South Cabanas of Wyndham Sea Gardens. Worst TS unit I have ever stayed in. felt like a run down motel 6. Weekend before that was at Hyatt Coconut Point, was tranquil, peaceful elegant and cozy.

So I am excited to be HRC member as soon as deal closes.

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Riviera Beach and Spa, Dana Point
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
My seller has agreed to go with LT. Transfer

Damn timeshares are addictive. As soon as I sign the docs for the seller another broker emails me about another one.

I used to stay in Wyndham’s still do, but the Hyatt’s are quite the step up. In fact last weekend I stayed in South Cabanas of Wyndham Sea Gardens. Worst TS unit I have ever stayed in. felt like a run down motel 6. Weekend before that was at Hyatt Coconut Point, was tranquil, peaceful elegant and cozy.

So I am excited to be HRC member as soon as deal closes.

Hmmm, seems like you and I have a lot in common. You are just a little ahead of me. I was at Coconut Plantation in this past May and was highly impressed as well! (also spent a day in Clearwater.....) As a result, we are now shopping for a Hyatt. Haven't quite found the deal I am looking for though.... Which one did you end up purchasing?

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
Pinon Pointe
Yep, that also is what I am looking for.... I hope to find a deal on a Diamond unit that someone wants out of, primarily plan to use it for trading.... I did find one a couple of weeks ago, but we decided to get rid of the Riviera Beach and Spa week that we own first..... Not sure it is wise to delay, as now seems to be an opportune time to buy..

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Yep, that also is what I am looking for.... I hope to find a deal on a Diamond unit that someone wants out of, primarily plan to use it for trading.... I did find one a couple of weeks ago, but we decided to get rid of the Riviera Beach and Spa week that we own first..... Not sure it is wise to delay, as now seems to be an opportune time to buy..
Now IS an opportune time to buy, IMO. If Hyatt was still actively managing HRC, current prices would be snapped up by Hyatt under ROFR--as they were back in 2016 when Hyatt was actively marketing the HPP program. But with the apparent failure of HPP--coupled with the major distraction of the once-pending and now-completed acquisition of HRC by Marriott, ROFR is hardly being exercised and prices have plummeted. This is a rare window to snap up some really nice Hyatt properties. My advice is not to wait beyond the end of this year to get something under contract.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Now IS an opportune time to buy, IMO. If Hyatt was still actively managing HRC, current prices would be snapped up by Hyatt under ROFR--as they were back in 2016 when Hyatt was actively marketing the HPP program. But with the apparent failure of HPP--coupled with the major distraction of the once-pending and now-completed acquisition of HRC by Marriott, ROFR is hardly being exercised and prices have plummeted. This is a rare window to snap up some really nice Hyatt properties. My advice is not to wait beyond the end of this year to get something under contract.

I know if only I had more cash on hand :)

I would still like to get a platinum or diamond HCP 1st choice, but would consider any if priced decently, and I could fund one of those.

I wish the ROFR.net included Hyatt stuff. The stuff on Kal’s site seems dated and it is a lot of work pulling info from clerk of courts to figure out what has been passing. This is made harder by some locations not having online records and others allow TS units to not be online.

Last edited:

SHG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Flamingo
HGVC on Blvd
Hyatt Beach House
I agree with this point and am still in pursuit. My goal is to make a acquisition before the end of the year.... (may have to twist my wifes arm, just a little bit..):)

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
I know if only I had more cash on hand :)

I would still like to get a platinum or diamond HCP 1st choice, but would consider any if priced decently, and I could fund one of those.

If you are referring to Hyatt Coconut Plantation as HCP, what are you considering a decent price?

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
If you are referring to Hyatt Coconut Plantation as HCP, what are you considering a decent price?
Gold week around $2K. Platinum around $3K

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
Gold week around $2K. Platinum around $3K

Ok, I had been looking at plat. but they were twice what you are looking for.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Ok, I had been looking at plat. but they were twice what you are looking for.
Well today’s my lucky day picking up Hyatt Coconut Plantation at price I wanted so off to ROFR Process now.

Now I am going to need to dump a couple of my other TS or wife will not be happy with my added MF’s from this months 2 Hyatt contracts I am hoping to pass ROFR on.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
The Pinon Pointe Gold Week I am trying to get just passed ROFR. Yippie!

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
$1950 for an annual 2 bedroom 2 bath plus $650 transfer fee.
Congrats! You'll love it. Such a beautiful and relaxing place. We love it there.