• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fishermen’s Village

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Hello,

I am also an owner at Fishermen's Village. I wanted to deposit my 2018 week into Interval International so I paid the $645 that they quoted me at the time in November. They told me I could deposit. I also have the invoice and the March 12th letter that attempts to explain why we have to pay $1940 for 2018. I am concerned that no specifics are given on how much it would costs to renovate each unit. I am not paying anymore money until I know more. Please keep me in the loop.
Hi TUGGERS!
We received another letter today from Fishermen’s Village. They sent us a password to go on their page to look at the insurance claim estimates that they have made. Everything was spelled out and they also included a Termination of Lease Form. That releases us from any more payment or involvement with them. We have already signed and sent it back for them to sign.
For us this is over!
Silentg

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Hi TUGGERS!
We received another letter today from Fishermen’s Village. They sent us a password to go on their page to look at the insurance claim estimates that they have made. Everything was spelled out and they also included a Termination of Lease Form. That releases us from any more payment or involvement with them. We have already signed and sent it back for them to sign.
For us this is over!
Silentg
Happy for you getting cleanly out of it. No what if’s. Congrats.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Hello,

I am also an owner at Fishermen's Village. I wanted to deposit my 2018 week into Interval International so I paid the $645 that they quoted me at the time in November. They told me I could deposit. I also have the invoice and the March 12th letter that attempts to explain why we have to pay $1940 for 2018. I am concerned that no specifics are given on how much it would costs to renovate each unit. I am not paying anymore money until I know more. Please keep me in the loop.
Were you able to exchange your 2018 week?

Georges77

Reaction score
Hi TUGGERS!
For us this is over!
Silentg

Silentg,

Did you speak with anyone at Fisherman's Village about the Termination form? I also noticed it on the website they just shared, but don't believe I have seen any other mention of it in the correspondence they have sent.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fisherman's Village
I just got the latest info letter. I think it is time to contact the State of Florida re: this assessment, re Fl Statute2017, Title XL, Chapter 721. And the Timeshare Consumer Association . I don’t know how many owners or how to get the list, but we need to speak as a “whole” group, even a class action. There is something very unconventional occurring. Florida deals with hurricane damage every year but. It like this. Kathi Fisher
Have you found out if we have rights as timeshare owners? We also own at Fisherman's Village. I was informed that the issue is a difference of opinion on the estimated damages of repair. The Resort didn't agree with the insurance adjuster's estimated damages report so they hired their own private adjuster to determine what the amount of the damages were and they are disputing the insurance company because they want more money paid out on the claim. I asked if they were to come to a settlement if we would be reimbursed our money that we had to pay for the special assessment and they said they could not guarantee a reimbursement. If you multiply the $1940 x 2397 weeks = $4,650,180 they are trying to collect from individual timeshare owners. The insurance policy is for over $20 million in coverage for the property. I am having a hard time with the exact amount of damages there are? And when they receive money from the insurance company why would we not get our money back? I would love to hear feedback from other owners?

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own there and got the letter. I had already paid my mfs so it was 1250 approx. I visited the resort last October after the hurricane and saw the insides of the units. They were being gutted. The stores and the restaurant at the end was in service. When hurricane Charley hit I had already deposited my week so I lost nothing. There was no special assessment for that hurricane. This amount seems rather high but for the most part they seem to try to keep costs down. I've been getting letters and even pictures in the mail of the damage. It makes sense for the construction to keep moving along as fast as possible. Each week owners loose useage and it costs everyone for weeks in vacancy. I hope that if I pay and the insurance kicks in then our future mfs will be lowered. I would like to see numbers. My trust is shakey.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
There is no construction going on. Those are estimates of work that has to be done. You can do what you want, you may know more than we do about the management at Fishermen’s Village. We have only had the lease two years. We signed a termination of lease form so we are done.Best of Luck hopefully you will get reimbursed for the maintenance fee and will get to use your timeshare again. Let us know what happens.
Silentg

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Silentg,

Did you speak with anyone at Fisherman's Village about the Termination form? I also noticed it on the website they just shared, but don't believe I have seen any other mention of it in the correspondence they have sent.
In the letter and on the termination of lease form it spells out the termination. Also they will not hold us liable for any fees at all. No credit rating damage. Just as it says termination of lease. Fishermen’s Village can ask for that fee,but if they don’t get it by April 29,2018 they will terminate the lease. It says that in the letter and on the termination of the lease form. I’m waiting for them to send me the copy with the Fishermen’s Village Manger’s signature.will let you know when we receive it.

LOIS LEE

Reaction score
We have owned for many, many years. We did not pay more after hurricane Charlie.

Last edited:

siamesecat

Reaction score
Were you able to exchange your 2018 week?
I did deposit it in interval international. I am not sure what the status is. Can they tell II they want the week back?

I have not paid the rest of the money requested by FV

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Have you already booked an exchange?

santo1951

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
fishermens village punta gorda
I have 4 weeks at the village and have received the same communication ,they want $8000 with no indication as to how they will proceed .Its really frustrating that they are simply pushing us out so they can move on with their redevelopment.We paid for insurance through our maintenance fees, either the admin. was negligent in purchasing insurance or the insurance company is playing hard to get . It is true that most of the cost in to remove the mould which was caused by the lack of action by the resorts admin. had they acted quickly the damage or cost would have been much much less. I cannot believe that we can simply be pushed out ,there has to be something we can do

santo1951

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just got the latest info letter. I think it is time to contact the State of Florida re: this assessment, re Fl Statute2017, Title XL, Chapter 721. And the Timeshare Consumer Association . I don’t know how many owners or how to get the list, but we need to speak as a “whole” group, even a class action. There is something very unconventional occurring. Florida deals with hurricane damage every year but. It like this. Kathi Fisher
I hope someone can organize because something really smells here

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Just an update...we received the signed Termination of Lease from the Manager of Fishermen’s Village.
We are officially out of the RTU. I’m glad it’s over.
For me anyway!
Silentg

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just an update...we received the signed Termination of Lease from the Manager of Fishermen’s Village.
We are officially out of the RTU. I’m glad it’s over.
For me anyway!
Silentg

Congrats! Can you (or someone) post (as an attachment?) the Termination agreement? I'm not finding it where previously mentioned it was located. Thanks. Jeff

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Did you get the letter from Management? It explains how to get into documents. If you haven’t responded yet, they will automatically terminate your lease. The deadline was today. So you really don’t have to do anything. Watch your mail, I’m sure they will send you a notice of termination.

Jezza32

Reaction score
I am also an owner facing the same problems. I have been told that Fissherman’s village wants out of the timeshare business and wants to convert our condos to luxury suites to be used like a conventional hotel. When the last hurricane came through they tried to claim damage but the insurance company would not cover any claim because there was in fact no damage. The village then proceeded to rip out the walls, which are the photos of “damage” we were all sent in March. This is really a case of fraud and I would like to see a class action law suit put in place but it is hard to find who is who in this suit.

I unfortunately, paid the regular maintenance fees of about 625 at the beginning of the year being told iI could exchange the week with RCI. However, RCI requires a 300 transaction fee which I should have been made aware of at the time.

If there is significant interest I will set up a Facebook page to get everyone together.

Jezza32

Reaction score
I am also an owner facing the same problems. I have been told that Fissherman’s village wants out of the timeshare business and wants to convert our condos to luxury suites to be used like a conventional hotel. When the last hurricane came through they tried to claim damage but the insurance company would not cover any claim because there was in fact no damage. The village then proceeded to rip out the walls, which are the photos of “damage” we were all sent in March. This is really a case of fraud and I would like to see a class action law suit put in place but it is hard to find who is who in this suit.

I unfortunately, paid the regular maintenance fees of about 625 at the beginning of the year being told iI could exchange the week with RCI. However, RCI requires a 300 transaction fee which I should have been made aware of at the time.

If there is significant interest I will set up a Facebook page to get everyone together.

Just an afterthought, everyone on this thread should place a formal complaint with the Florida State Attorney General’s office. We will be tomorrow. An overwhelming list of complaints will certainly prompt an investigation.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

santo1951

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can anyone update ,is anything going on...Its really frustrating that this corporations is allowed to cheat all the licensee out of their right to use . They are carrying out a dishonest if not illegal act to get control of the resort and develop it for their own profit. The Punta Gorda administration facilitated this travesty by selling the land to the resort owners ,had they kept ownership of the land the situation would have been different.

Buffalo Bob

Reaction score
Fishermen's Village will legally be defaulting on the contract if they don't give credit for scheduled weeks not available and maintenance payments already made. Buffalo Bob

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Fishermen's Village will legally be defaulting on the contract if they don't give credit for scheduled weeks not available and maintenance payments already made. Buffalo Bob
We are out of it completely now. Didn’t pay anything. Sorry if you did. Just not enough trust in them .
Silentg

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fishville Resort

I just received my 650. Check back with a terminated letter. It took them four months to return my check. they have an plan. We should contact someone as a whole.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Such a terrible news report. Why didn’t WINK contact someone at Fishermen’s Village to hear what they had to say. We did the same as the lady in the video. Just are done with it.
If Fishermen’s Village is turning into a high priced hotel, then just be honest and don’t take the money from the timeshare owners, who if they pay, still will not get use of the timeshare.
All I see happening is the BBB will make a claim and Fishermen’s Village will return the money paid by the people for repairs.
We have no claim. We were not owners. Just had a RTU contract that we walked away from when we opted out.
Silentg

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fisherman's Village
We have been Fisherman's Village owners for years and years as well and our maintenance fees hasn't been this high ever. We received 4 bills with different balances due which was so strange. We felt like something was completely wrong so didn't pay for the first time ever. We searched the web only to find this blog and to discover what has happened. Do you think our contract automatically terminated when we didn't send the fees? Will we have to request termination? We want to opt out completely as well!! We paid hefty for this timeshare but would rather just be done with it completely and take the loss! Please advise.