• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Flights from other slc or dfw.

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm going in august to maui for a week and kauai for the 2nd week in August. I'm coming from slc but the other 5 are coming from dfw. Prices are rather high right now. What price should I aim for and what is the best site you look at. I'm probably going delta cuz I got miles. thanks for any help.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you (and/or others) set up an account, www.kayak.com will track your flights and suggest buy/wait after a while. Delta won't help with intra-island flights tho.

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was going to post a similar topic but I'll piggy back off yours since I'm also flying from SLC, but in June 2018. Prices keep going up for Delta, almost $300 more than United or Alaska. Right now I'm looking at almost $1200 for the flight that I want.

For SLC to OGG, the lowest I saw for June 2018 was around $950 for a Saturday Departure and Return. Wednesday to Wednesday reservations seem to be the least expensive, around $700.

If I cut my vacation short by 1 day, doing a Saturday to Friday, my lowest flight is around $957, where my preferred return flight would be $1018. I hate to cut my vacation short but saving over $200 on 5 tickets really adds up.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We fly standby so I often take a look at prices since it is just so much fun to fly standby. :) We are looking at traveling in September to HNL and the prices aren't even loaded yet. I did find that maybe 5-6 months out the prices looked pretty good. I was looking at SLC since that actually shows as one of the lowest priced airports to fly to HNL. I was seeing around $478 RT so I am going to continue to watch it to see what the sweet spot window is for booking these flights. The flights between islands look to be around $70 one way.

talkamotta

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got mine from slc to hawaii....Im going skymiles at 58k. We have booked 2 of the dfw to hawaii for 890 each. Me and my 2 grandchildren are not flexible in dates. Aug 4 and 18. The other 3 people are more flexible...they can leave days later or leave earlier. So far I havent seen anything cheaper than the 890s. I tried to leave from Phx, Las and just take SWA ff miles to those airports. Not enuf difference to make it worth it. So we will keep looking.

lorenmd

TUG Member
Reaction score
my daughter often flies to maui from Oakland for such a low price. check flights out of Oakland and see how cheap it is for you to get to Oakland. she has traveled as cheaply as $300RT

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
my daughter often flies to maui from Oakland for such a low price. check flights out of Oakland and see how cheap it is for you to get to Oakland. she has traveled as cheaply as $300RT
Check all of the San Francisco Bay area airports. You can find inexpensive flights out of Oakland, San Francisco and San Jose.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
You might also want to look at Alaska Air. Yes I know that SLC is a Delta Hub. But Alaska has good rates. Also if you get the Alaska Air Visa card ($75 per year) it comes with a Companion Fare. Patti and I each have our own Alaska Visa Card. So we get 2 Companion Fares each year. Alaska has a low price guarantee. So if you buy a ticket and the price later goes down you can get the difference back in a credit for future flights. But you have to be the one checking to see if the price has gone down. Recently Alaska had some great rates. Patti and I flew Round Trip from PDX to SLC. It was $138 for Patti and about $100 For my Companion Fare. Because of this sell I called and checked on our January Flight to Cabo. They had gone down. We got enough back in Credits to only owe $25 for our Thanksgiving Flight to SLC. Oh why flights to SLC - 2 granddaughters.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Alaska has a low price guarantee. So if you buy a ticket and the price later goes down you can get the difference back in a credit for future flights

I totally forgot about this. Thank you