TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 25 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $11,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $11Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  8. TUG has now joined Priceline.com as an affiliate!

Members and guests who book air travel, rental cars and even Cruise Vacations thru TUG's priceline links will now support TUG in the process!

Read more here
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Flights to St. Thomas

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by jewls, Apr 14, 2019.

1. jewls

jewls TUG Member

in the past I could swear we flew nonstop Boston to STT on JetBlue. I’m not seeing any non stop with any airline. Has this changed? I hate stopovers.
    Jewls

2. Sandy VDH

Sandy VDH TUG Review Crew: Elite TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Wynd VIP Plat, HGVC Elite, HICV, + few others
  3. jewls

jewls TUG Member

. I’m hoping more will be added. I wonder if it’s been like this since the hurricane? Going November 1st.

4. jimf41

jimf41 TUG Member

You have to remember that while the island is coming back strong it is not back to anywhere near it's post hurricane capacity. Morning Star and the reef are still closed, minus about 800 rooms. Bluebeards Castle is closed, about 400 rooms, Sugar Bay is closed another 600 rooms. All those rooms closed means all those people aren't flying down to STT. The independent room and villas are not fully back yet, add another 500-600 rooms. If all those folks aren't coming then the airlines cut back flights and prices rise which is what happened.

I give it a good two more years before the flight schedules and prices start to return to pre hurricane levels.

silentg likes this.
  5. silentg

silentg TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Orange Lake, Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes, The Pines At Aspen East, Oyster Bay
    Thank you I didn’t know all those places are still closed.

6. Fairwinds

Fairwinds TUG Member

The Ritz is also still closed

7. GrayFal

GrayFal TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Bluegreen WYN WestinStJohn VGV, SB & CV SVV Morritt's Seaside
    I had a non stop booked late October on a Sunday. Jfk STT.
    I received notification from delta about two weeks ago that I am now connecting they Atlanta. AA also is connecting.

8. GregT

GregT TUG Member TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, DC Points HGVC: HHV Lagoon, Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, Aulani, Worldmark
    We are here now at Ritz STT and the island is noticeably quieter, as you would expect. Many places are closed but the people are very positive/resilient. There is still visible damage but it’s better than I expected (not sure what I expected).

It’s wonderful to be here and I hope those properties re-open soon because the locals definitely need our support. This is a great place!

Best,

Greg

9. GrayFal

GrayFal TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Bluegreen WYN WestinStJohn VGV, SB & CV SVV Morritt's Seaside
    Wyndham Bluebeard’s Beach Club (70+ rooms) is still closed. Not expected to be open until 2020. Wyndham Margaritaville is open.
    Looking forward to a late fall visit to Westin St John.

10. jimf41

jimf41 TUG Member

I'm afraid that's going to happen to us as well. We're booked BC R/T JFK-STT in Feb 2020 with Delta. We usually use AA but they offered no non-stops except on the weekends and they were in the astronomical range price-wise. This past FEB people who booked Delta non-stop midweek got switched to 1 stop flights.

11. jimf41

jimf41 TUG Member

How is the beach at the Ritz. We didn't get over there this year but I heard it was in pretty rough shape.

12. bobpark56

bobpark56 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

A lot of flights to St Thomas became unprofitable after the hurricane (no one traveling), so they shut them down. Airlines have been slowly rebuilding their schedules.

13. GregT

GregT TUG Member TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, DC Points HGVC: HHV Lagoon, Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, Aulani, Worldmark
    The beach is definitely in rough shape — the sand has receded a bit and there is a ton of sea grass (this is on the timeshare side, which was never great to begin with). They’ve closed off access to the hotel side so I’ve not yet sneaked across during the day to see the hotel beach (but I have sneaked across at night, and the pool is filled and in place and the grounds are in good shape).

This remains an amazing property. I am happy to be here and will definitely return. It’s quiet — I don’t know what the occupancy rate is but there are empty chairs everywhere — beach and pool. That surprised me — it is easy to get prime real estate and I don’t know why that is.

And I reiterate, the people are amazing. I learned (quickly) not to bring up the hurricanes because it clearly was a traumatic experience for the residents. But eventually they bring it up and the stories are remarkable about what people appreciate that I take for granted (running water to wash their hands, a refrigerator). Amazing people.

So I am happy to be here — the island remains special and the water is beautiful, and I hope hurricanes miss for the next 1000 years.

Best,

Greg

GrayFal likes this.
  14. mjm1

mjm1 TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott: Desert Springs Villas I, Ko Olina (EOY), Maui Ocean Club- Lahaina Villas, Newport Coast Villas, Destination Club Points;
    Westin Kierland Villas- Annual & EOY
    Greg, thanks for the update. I look forward to hearing your insights regarding restaurants etc.

We are planning to visit next April and have nights reserved at the Ritz, so I am sure things will continue to improve. We will be trying to get some nights at Westin St John to spend even more time in the area.

Have a great time.

Best regards.

Mike

15. chunkygal

chunkygal TUG Member

We are going soon. After reading the reviews they all mention a grocer which deliver. Is it moe’s?

16. jimf41

jimf41 TUG Member

This just posted from the April newsletter

Groceries Delivered to Your Villa

The Cove recently contracted with the very popular, Moe’s Fresh Market to be the on-site delivery service. Don’t want to rent a car, or take a taxi to shop for groceries? Why not have food and drinks delivered directly to your villa while you relax at the beach?

Prior to your arrival you will receive information how to shop from the convenience of your home computer.

17. alexadeparis

alexadeparis TUG Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Points: Shell, Wyndham ODD, Starwood EVEN, Hilton EVEN, Hyatt ODD, Annual: WSJ, TPU
    Love your beagle in your avatar, looks a lot like mine.

18. mdurette

mdurette Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

I have don BOS to STT no stop with jet blue in th past. I know they stopped after the hurricane, but I thought I read they were starting back up again soon. Maybe just certain days at this point...