• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Flying just gets worse and worse

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
People vomit on planes and elsewhere, things need to be cleaned up. It's a biohazard of bodily fluids.

No way I'd sit in a seat with vomit, and no, they were not forced to do so per the passenger's own words.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
People vomit on planes and elsewhere, things need to be cleaned up. It's a biohazard of bodily fluids.

No way I'd sit in a seat with vomit, and no, they were not forced to do so per the passenger's own words.

I read that they said they were forced to.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Oh YUCK! I would demand that the seat be cleaned, and I would tell every passenger that was within earshot that my seat was in that condition. Let the flight attendant sit there. Delay? The smell of vomit would make me want to vomit.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
A 10ish year old girl was sitting about seven rows behind us on a flight out of Seattle to Puerto Vallarta and started projectile puking all over the seat. She hit the passengers in next row ahead. One of the passengers freaked out and tried to get out of his seat and poked his eye on the seat rest.

The guy with the poked eye had to get off the plane with his group to go to the hospitial. The family with the sick girl also left. A cleaning crew did a quick wipe down. We left 90 minutes late which caused our flight to arrive at 7pm instead of 2 pm.

Our worse flights are from Maui to Seattle. We left Maui and a guy sat in our row and really stunk. It was so bad that people were gagging. It was his lack of deodorant and Maui heat. On a different flight we had a nice clean lady that required two seats in our row. She didn't fit in her seat with the arm rest down. The attendant did find her a different seat after 30 minutes of us complaining. Different trip home from Maui was the smelly food lady. She opened a plastic container and the smell was terrible. We asked her to put it away but had to call an attendant to tell her to put it away. Then there was the lady with a baby. Everything was fine with me until she decided to pull out her boob and feed her kid. Feeding her kid is fine but come on, cover up.

Maybe some of the return flights from Mexico were just as bad. My daughter in law got really sick with the Montazuma's revenge dealio. Lucky for us she was two rows back.

Bill

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
A 10ish year old girl was sitting about seven rows behind us on a flight out of Seattle to Puerto Vallarta and started projectile puking all over the seat. She hit the passengers in next row ahead. One of the passengers freaked out and tried to get out of his seat and poked his eye on the seat rest.

The guy with the poked eye had to get off the plane with his group to go to the hospitial. The family with the sick girl also left. A cleaning crew did a quick wipe down. We left 90 minutes late which caused our flight to arrive at 7pm instead of 2 pm.

Our worse flights are from Maui to Seattle. We left Maui and a guy sat in our row and really stunk. It was so bad that people were gagging. It was his lack of deodorant and Maui heat. On a different flight we had a nice clean lady that required two seats in our row. She didn't fit in her seat with the arm rest down. The attendant did find her a different seat after 30 minutes of us complaining. Different trip home from Maui was the smelly food lady. She opened a plastic container and the smell was terrible. We asked her to put it away but had to call an attendant to tell her to put it away. Then there was the lady with a baby. Everything was fine with me until she decided to pull out her boob and feed her kid. Feeding her kid is fine but come on, cover up.

Maybe some of the return flights from Mexico were just as bad. My daughter in law got really sick with the Montazuma's revenge dealio. Lucky for us she was two rows back.

Bill

These were nightmares! I hate flying as it is but these kinds of things would keep me off for good.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bring antibacterial wipes when we fly and wipe down our surrounding areas. I’m surprised this isn’t done more by other passengers.

Easyrider. You had me until the breastfeeding comment. Next time, don’t look.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I read that they said they were forced to.
Their conclusion was that they were forced to, but not really forced to do anything.

A husband and wife traveling on a recent United Airlines flight claim that they were forced to sit in a vomit-covered seat...With passengers streaming onto the plane, they had no other choice but to sit in the soiled seats, holding their luggage against them in an attempt to avoid touching the throw-up...

"They kept boarding the people and so we couldn't move. We basically had our luggage in our laps trying to avoid contact with the vomit... "

Trail alleges that a flight attendant gave him paper towels before a cleaner boarded the plane with a spray bottle and towel. The passenger added that the seats were still not thoroughly cleaned by the [cleaning crew], and that vomit remained in his seating area.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Son Antem, Playa Andaluza, Harbour Lake
Then there was the lady with a baby. Everything was fine with me until she decided to pull out her boob and feed her kid. Feeding her kid is fine but come on, cover up.

My God, a naked breast! The horror!

Come on, this is the natural way to feed a baby, what's the problem?

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Then there was the lady with a baby. Everything was fine with me until she decided to pull out her boob and feed her kid. Feeding her kid is fine but come on, cover up.

Bill

In left field with this comment.

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
I have flown over 3 million miles and the only abnormal thing that ever happened on a flight was a passenger died.

Never had anything out of the ordinary on any of the other flights except once a piece of a flap departed the wing. The pilot pressed on to the destination as I would have done had I’d been flying the plsne. With today’s obsession of recording and posting on line, I’m sure this would have caused massive shock, horror, demands for payment for emotional distress and congressional hearings.

Cheers

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
I bring antibacterial wipes when we fly and wipe down our surrounding areas. I’m surprised this isn’t done more by other passengers.

100% agree with everything you said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

It is very difficult not to notice when you are in an airplane seat. It wasn't like I was staring, lol. Breast feeding is fine but I would rather not be so close to the mom feeding the kid unless she is the mother of my own kid. Actually, I don't like sitting 20ft from any babies on an airplane.

We bring anti bacterial wipes , ear plugs, blinders, headphones and more recently the face mask to block out smelly people. Flying used to be fun, but I'm over it, and now flying is the worse part of the trip.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My God, a naked breast! The horror!

Come on, this is the natural way to feed a baby, what's the problem?

I just don't like being so close to strangers feeding their babies. Whats wrong with that ? :ponder: Its not like I stopped them. I put up with it. I just didn't like it.

Bill

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most NFL cheerleaders show waaaay more boobs than breast feeding moms. And you don’t hear many complaints about them.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Good advice Bill: come on, cover up! (Your eyes, your head.)

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Everything was fine with me until she decided to pull out her boob and feed her kid. Feeding her kid is fine but come on, cover up.

I just don't like being so close to strangers feeding their babies. Whats wrong with that ?

You look puzzled about why so many folks reacted to your comment, so let me help you out. You first said feeding her kid is fine, then you said feeding her kid was your issue. What obviously really bothered you was the mother's "boob" which you put in the same category as vomit, body odor, poop, diarrhea, stinky food and other horrible things on airplanes which co-passengers are forced to endure.

Why would it be her responsibility to shield you from seeing something no one is forcing you to look at? Why isn't it your responsibility to shield yourself?

That doesn't even begin to address the question as to why you feel so repulsed by a woman's body in this natural situation (and one which doesn't demean the woman), when most men and possibly you have a very different reaction when seeing her body in many other contexts (many of which do demean the woman).

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
You look puzzled about why so many folks reacted to your comment, so let me help you out. You first said feeding her kid is fine, then you said feeding her kid was your issue. What obviously really bothered you was the mother's "boob" which you put in the same category as vomit, body odor, poop, diarrhea, stinky food and other horrible things on airplanes which co-passengers are forced to endure.

Why would it be her responsibility to shield you from seeing something no one is forcing you to look at? Why isn't it your responsibility to shield yourself?

That doesn't even begin to address the question as to why you feel so repulsed by a woman's body in this natural situation (and one which doesn't demean the woman), when most men and possibly you have a very different reaction when seeing her body in many other contexts (many of which do demean the woman).
My favorite part of Bill's comments were "Breast feeding is fine". LOL. Of course it is. In fact it's so fine and obvious that it shouldn't even be stated.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! FA's are to assure safety. There's a cleaning crew to make the flight presentable. Breastfeeding is perfectly natural, and Bill, if it grosses you out, look away. The airline does NOT assure you a 'sanitary' seat. Only to transport you from origin to destination. As you may have noticed anything extra is subject to extra charge.

We boarded an AA flight early one morning. The ground crew had loaded the requisite 5 gallons of blue toilet chemical in the head. Only problem- they didn't empty the holding tank first. So as passengers boarded, this 'river' of dark blue fluid flowed forward up the aisle. By now the plane was half loaded, so they stopped boarding and herded everyone off. The MAY have had the ground crew drain off the extra toilet chemical, but no attempt was made to vacuum the aisle carpets. We were re-boarded, albeit a little late, and took off.

I only mention the above in case any TUGgers are tempted to slip off their shoes on a plane.

Jim