• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

For anyone Lahaina bound...

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
TIL that people still use Apple Maps...
The iPhone pushes you to apple maps. You can't change the default program for maps unless you jailbreak your iPhone. If you use chrome I think you have more options but I haven't done that.

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
Yeah, it helps when you use a 3rd party e-mail client (Edison Mail in my case) and Chrome, as you can set defaults for those things. I highly recommend that route, personally.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it helps when you use a 3rd party e-mail client (Edison Mail in my case) and Chrome, as you can set defaults for those things. I highly recommend that route, personally.
The benefit to using safari/Mail is that they sync across the platforms. While Chrome can do this if you use everything under Google, I personally wouldn't want to give Google any more information about me than they already have. But you still can't get Siri to use Google Maps I don't believe without going through extra steps.

SeattleAl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nothing to write home about. It's still one lane in each direction, so you can still be stuck behind some slow poke.
After taking it once, I preferred to go back to the old road, which is much prettier, and less busy now.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
TIL that people still use Apple Maps...

I actually like Apple Maps as much as Google maps. While the data from Google is generally a little more current than the TomTom data Apple uses, TomTom is getting better, and the seamless integration with the rest of the Apple ecosystem makes up for the small shortcomings in the maps data for me - but that's coming from someone who is 100% vested in the Apple ecosystem in a family with five iPhones (for 4 people), three iPads, six Macs, two Apple Watches, three Apple TVs, one Apple HomePod (that our son bought for his new apartment primarily as a music speaker), and, thankfully, Apple stock to help pay for it all!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I’ve taken the road 4 times over the last week, I’m now an expert!

Nothing to it, is there? I used it every day we were on Maui. I drove Highway 30 through Lahaina town, too. Nice having choices.

Dave

taffy19

Reaction score
I hope that everyone will take the faster road from now on so we can keep enjoying the coastal route we love so much between Ka’anapali to Kihei, Waimea and beyond.

Every time we comment about it how much we like this drive and cannot believe that we are almost level with the ocean but only a few times did the road get wet when we drove it because of a higher surf.