• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Found a way out of the nonsense - thought I would share

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
No doubt the shill, err helpful poster, is still around (Hi Gloria/Harold:wave:). This is their defintion of "cancellation", which sounds a lot like the other big get out of your timeshare outfit's definition:
Cancellation is defined as the elimination of any liability for efficiency amounts owed to the timeshare company. No Attorney Timeshare can make no guarantee that your timeshare company will not report the failure to pay any amounts owed to the credit reporting agencies.:eek:

What is an efficiency amount?

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I also bet "Gloria" is regretting posting on TUG.
The people aiming to make a buck via various forms of timeshare shuck & jive would be well advised to try keeping everything below the TUG-BBS radar.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

SPG900NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
You don't have believe anything, I was sharing an experience. Simple as that. I tried getting out of it myself and I could't I'm just glad I found the information at this point.

Clearly wasn't a ripoff because it helped me. What give you the right to tell me I'm trying to find a place to post after I was able to get out of my timeshare... why are you trying to discredit what I am stating...

Because everything you posted (and the method with which you chose to do so) triggers everyone's scam alert. Most of us here have finely-tuned scam alerts, and you triggered every single one of them. LOL

SPG900NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think this thread is being watched. Davidvel posted the essentially no refund policy and also had a nice on-line chat about the lack of a true "100% guarantee" because they had no refund policy. Well, in the last couple of days they have updated the refund policy on the website.

"Gloria" probably updated it based on feedback here and the phone call. LOL

This thread gave me a much-needed laugh today!

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
... bet "Gloria" is regretting posting on TUG.

We can only hope that some shills get discouraged by watching their peers-in-deceit get devoured here. It's a bit unwise to pull the tiger's tail while failing to consider its' teeth. ;)

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
We can only hope that some shills get discouraged by watching their peers-in-deceit get devoured here. It's a bit unwise to pull the tiger's tail but fail to consider its' teeth. ;)

did you just paraphrase Clancy?
Tom Clancy — 'If you want to kick the tiger in his ass you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth'

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
did you just paraphrase Clancy?
Tom Clancy — 'If you want to kick the tiger in his ass you'd better have a plan for dealing with his teeth'

Not knowingly and not nearly as eloquently --- but I'm not Tom Clancy. :D

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Not knowingly and not nearly as eloquently --- but I'm not Tom Clancy. :D
I don't know.....
some of your posts wax pretty darned eloquent......:p

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I think this thread is being watched. Davidvel posted the essentially no refund policy and also had a nice on-line chat about the lack of a true "100% guarantee" because they had no refund policy. Well, in the last couple of days they have updated the refund policy on the website.

"We offer 100% guarantee for the Cancellation Kit, in the event that the step by step process was followed completely, sent the appropriate letters, etc. and did not result in a successful cancellation we will honor a 12 month guarantee from the date of purchase. In order to process a refund we will need proof the process was followed; the proof will consist of copies of all of the letters that were sent to the resort, resort responses and receipt of purchase. This information in addition to a written request for a refund should be sent to Compliance Dept. at No Attorney Timeshare for review for refund. After reviewing the information if indeed the process was followed and did not result in a successful cancellation a refund will be provided back to the form of payment in which was used for the purchase within 14 business days from the time the refund was honored."

The 12 month guarantee is likely added because of the noise made here. This same guarantee comes from a company that states on their website that they have completed over 10,000 cancellations which we know is a lie because they only just recently appeared. I doubt the website and phone number will even be active 12 months from now.

By the way, their virtual office address and same (702) phone number combo both come up as a Tattoo Supply company. Finally, their (888) toll free number also comes up as another company called Sensible Storage.
Maybe, just maybe, that was the intent. It would be a great strategy.

Post on TUG, read the complaints from the experts, learn from them, and update website/future postings on other forums so it's more believable/palatable for potential customers.

We may be inadvertently helping them.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We may be inadvertently helping them.

Maybe, but we have to believe that we are also educating unwary potential "customers" by strongly encouraging them to be very suspicious when any upfront fee "exit / relief / escape / rescue" outfit appears out of thin air (or on the radio, or in newspaper ads) with absurd claims of Houdini-like skills, magical elixirs or secret "timeshare escape" processes known only to them. If we manage to clearly convey to unsuspecting others that any and all such claims are always just pure, unadulterated b&ll$&!t, then we've done all that we can do.

Those who read such cautionary input and then choose to voluntarily pony up the big "exit / relief" money anyhow will learn their lesson the hard way, calling to mind that old saying that "a fool and his money are soon parted". :shrug:

Last edited:

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
I think this thread is being watched.

By the way, their virtual office address and same (702) phone number combo both come up as a Tattoo Supply company. Finally, their (888) toll free number also comes up as another company called Sensible Storage.

Maybe, just maybe.....they have those 10,000 cancellations stored at their company called Sensible Storage!

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
From the recorded call: "...cancel their own timeshare contract in this early as 90 days.." Hmmmm? Ninety days is just long enough so you can't contest their fees charged on your credit card. :doh:

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
From the recorded call: "...cancel their own timeshare contract in this early as 90 days.." Hmmmm? Ninety days is just long enough so you can't contest their fees charged on your credit card. :doh:
Correct, they will tell you "you need to follow the process before we offer you a refund." That could take up to 90 days (or 12 months based on a reference in their guarantee.)

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
No doubt the shill, err helpful poster, is still around (Hi Gloria/Harold:wave:). This is their defintion of "cancellation", which sounds a lot like the other big get out of your timeshare outfit's definition:
Cancellation is defined as the elimination of any liability for efficiency amounts owed to the timeshare company. No Attorney Timeshare can make no guarantee that your timeshare company will not report the failure to pay any amounts owed to the credit reporting agencies.:eek:

What is an efficiency amount?

I don't know either and I'm still trying to get through the triple negative. Also, what's an "Attorney Timeshare?"

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't know either and I'm still trying to get through the triple negative. Also, what's an "Attorney Timeshare?"
Jim, waaay back in post 5, the OP said the name of the (scam) outfit is, 'No Attorney Timeshare'. I wonder what it's next name will be?

Jim

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Jim, waaay back in post 5, the OP said the name of the (scam) outfit is, 'No Attorney Timeshare'. I wonder what it's next name will be?

Jim

Okay!! I get it!

Now I feel stupid!

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Wanted to share a few lies from their website's FAQ's. My favorite is the one when they say that you can continue to use the timeshare for the remainder of the year after it is cancelled.

"every contract has an escape clause that releases you of the contractual obligations."

"You must remember the deed to a timeshare is not “real” real estate therefore the value depreciates immediately. The easiest way out of your timeshare is to cancel the contract completely."

"as long as the financial responsibility is paid up-to-date then you can use your timeshare for the current year after the contract is cancelled then you will no longer have usage."

"The reality is that most timeshares include a perpetuity clause, meaning that the heirs of an estate are also inheriting the financial responsibilities that come with owning a timeshare."

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
*sigh

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Ah ha. EUREKA! (No, I'm not in the bathtub)

I think I just figured it out....

The logic of this is: If they are dumb enough to buy a timeshare from the developer, then why wouldn't they think that the contract has a secret escape clause and pay us $500 !

I think it's a classic P.T. Barnum scheme. (or 'Paper collar Joe')

Of course, fool me once.....