• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Four Seasons

aarce

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to know more about Four Seasons. Found this and was wondering what people thought about buying. It appears to be one of the nicer resorts but how does it work? Can you trade with any four seasons?

I know it trades on II. I would stay in these but imagine they can trade well when wanderlust sets in.

1. They highly rated here on TUG.

2. Their units are huge. The studio side is big as some one bedroom units.

3. All TS are associated with a hotel so they have room service, great restaurants, daily maid service ect.

4. Bad- They have huge MF

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
2. Their units are huge. The studio side is big as some one bedroom units.

Huh? Aviara studio is about the size of a nice hotel room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aarce

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to know more about Four Seasons. Was wondering what people thought about buying. It appears to be one of the nicer resorts but how does it work? Can you trade with any four seasons?

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
There are only two Four Seasons Residence Club (FSRC) resorts that trade with Interval International
- FSRC Aviara in California
- FSRC Scottsdale at Troon in Arizona

Only buy to use at Aviara or Troon (not to trade).

Just use the TUG search function to locate previous threads using “Aviara” as your search criteria - https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?search/

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I agree that buy to use is the best reason to buy FS, because they are way too expensive to use as a trader. I have a friend who owns one and stopped trading because it was always a downtrade in quality. If you want to be part of a hotel based TS system that trades in II, I would suggest a Marriott or Vistana 2 bedroom lockoff unit.

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree that buy to use is the best reason to buy FS, because they are way too expensive to use as a trader. I have a friend who owns one and stopped trading because it was always a downtrade in quality. If you want to be part of a hotel based TS system that trades in II, I would suggest a Marriott or Vistana 2 bedroom lockoff unit.

... Or Hyatt (HRC, NOT HPP). We have had great experiences with them.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
We bought two 2 bedroom EOY Odd weeks at Four Seasons Aviara for $2000 each that comes with full developer benefits. The 2 bedrooms are about 1600 sf and the maintenance fee is about $2600 per year for the two weeks since we pay half per year on each week. We bought Gold Season because it is a longer season and includes Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and Spring Break, and it’s easier to book than Platinum season. We bought 2 weeks because then you can book at 13 months. Owners with more weeks tend to make it difficult to book in Platinum season. Four Season trades with Elite Alliance and first year is free and there is no membership fee as long as you have a deposit. You can also enter the lottery to stay at Four Seasons in Punta Mita, Costa Rica and a few others. We bought from the Four Seasons authorized broker because that is the only way to get full benefits, including the ability to convert to Four Seasons hotel points as well as use Elite Alliance. We like that we can break the weeks into 3 and 4 night stays or use the full week. We can trade directly with Troon in Scottsdale.