• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2018] Free Golf with Marriott Heritage Club EXCHANGE??

Status
Not open for further replies.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be EXCHANGING into a Hilton Head Marriott In November or December.

We stayed at SurfWatch earlier this year, and may go back there---or we might choose a visit for our first time to Marriott Grande Ocean.

BUT---we are golfers, both myself and DW, and we play EVERY DAY.

So, I remember seeing perks with Marriott Heritage Club, "free golf" (pay cart fee), and 1 round at Harbourtown Golf Links!!!

Now the question: Does this apply to EXCHANGERS???

If so, I'm IN !!!

Thanks,
Pat

jpc763

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
Good news and bad news for you.

Good News: I did trade into Heritage Club 10 years ago and enjoyed the golf package for myself and my wife. We added two guests for just a few hundred. We played the Heritage Club once and the other courses the rest of the week. It was awesome.

Bad News: Heritage Club dropped their agreement with Sea Pines Resort courses and now offer golf at other courses. Last I heard they are Palmetto Hall, Oyster Reef and Shipyard. The right to play does pass to exchangers.

Here is a link from a few years back on the package
https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/2009-heritage-club-new-golf-package.101756/

Enjoy!

Last edited:

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I called and spoke to someone at the resort.

I have doubts about the info---that is it now actually Free Golf/Free Cart? It was after 5pm----so perhaps I should call back. (Reminder: I am EXCHANGING into the resort.)

I read that 1 round at Harbourtown Golf is now NOT included.

BUT, if it's Free Golf w FREE CART..................................................

Pat

sandcfort

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVCI Points
I believe it is free golf but you pay your cart fee, $25. This is the same for Williamsburg VA. In Williamsburg it is for “owners” only, however I don’t know if their reservation system recognizes “owners”vs. “exchangers”.
When staying in HHI, we purchased the Heritage golf packages for $200. All you can golf including cart for 7 days at Port Royal, Shipyard and Oyster Reef. I would recommend booking multiple tee times in the day, example 8 am first tee time and 1 pm second tee time. We didn’t and a couple times could not get out for two hours after our first round ended.

Good luck and keep us informed of any updates.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We exchanged in this past summer. 12 Rounds at any 3 of the Heritage locations mentioned above used anytime & any way you wanted to. I don't think we had to pay extra for the cart but I can ask my SIL since he was mainly the one that used it. As noted, it's not a huge savings but it is an added benefit. The units are huge, almost 1500 sq ft.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
.Heritage Club dropped their agreement with Sea Pines Resort courses and now offer golf at other courses. Last I heard they are Palmetto Hall, Oyster Reef and Shipyard. The right to play does pass to exchangers.

I'm glad I sold my Heritage Week. IMO dropping the Sea Pines courses has made a Heritage Week less valuable.

George

alexb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Scotland,Marriott Grande Chateau,pga golf village
Heritage club is 10 free rounds no cart fee on the heritage group courses.
Palmetto Hall is no longer part of heritage Group extra rounds are cart fee only

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
As exchangers, we got the free rounds of golf and that included the cart fee. So it was totally free. The golf courses that we tried from the list are okay, nothing special.

SMB1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista, Lakeshore Reserve, OceanWatch(2), Marriott Destination Points, Club Wyndham Points (Ocean Boulevard)
Stayed there last spring. It was awesome. 10 totally free rounds including cart. Any additional rounds paid only for the cart. It included all of my guests at the heritage club. There were 5 of us. We didn't exchange, but, as others have said, I understand it applies to exchangers also.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Is this still true? I know it's an old thread, but our friends love to golf and told us there is a resort that allows free golf in Hilton Head.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Is this still true? I know it's an old thread, but our friends love to golf and told us there is a resort that allows free golf in Hilton Head.

Yep as of late 2020 it was still true. No Heritage Club owners have posted to the MF's sticky so we don't know if the agreement that was nearing the end of its term between the resort and the affiliated courses has been discontinued or extended, but I'd guess that someone would have posted by now if the free golf program had ended.

Here's the latest thread: Marriott Heritage Club Hilton Head [Free Golf]

(I'm locking this one so the discussion can continue in the later, linked thread.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.