• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FREE HGVC McAlpin, Miami Beach Fl

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
The person backed out that was going to take it so here it is for someone else.

I was lucky to receive for free an HGVC Marco Island week from a fellow tugger for the exact week I was using this Mcalpin week. I love Miami, my husband loves Marco Island, he won. I really didn’t lose as I love Marco Island as much as Miami.

FREE

HGVC Mcalpin, Miami Beach Florida

1 bedroom gold week

Home booking weeks 18-22,34-50

3400 points

Maintenance fee $1023.43

(without yearly hgvc dues-additional $170 if this is your only hgvc)

Start use 2019

I spoke with LT transfers. Being I will be giving this as a gift to a fellow tugger friend, I was told there will be no Right of first refusal. I hope they are right. Based on another tuggers experience this seems to be true. I will have to fill out a gift affidavit form.

I will use LT Transfers as the closing company. I will pay all of LT Transfer fees plus hgvc’s estoppel fee, hgvc’s gift affidavit fee if there is one and hgvc’s ownership transfer fee. This way it is truly a gift.

You will be responsible for the HGVC activation fee of $599 after closing occurs and HGVC will bill you directly.

Please if you are new to tug, make sure you really want this and can afford it. It is not fair to anyone gifting to take the expense and time to gift this to you and weeks later you decide you don’t want it. Even when reimbursed for expenses, ones time is wasted and another tugger missed out when they wanted it.

Last edited:

SMH1968

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Villages Key West
I am very interested. Please let me know how to proceed!

jimwu921

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please if you are new to tug, make sure you really want this and can afford it. It is not fair to anyone gifting to take the expense and time to gift this to you and weeks later you decide you don’t want it. Even when reimbursed for expenses, ones time is wasted and another tugger missed out when they wanted it.

Very very true. Mine was fell through just like that.:crash:

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island
The person backed out that was going to take it so here it is for someone else.

I was lucky to receive for free an HGVC Marco Island week from a fellow tugger for the exact week I was using this Mcalpin week. I love Miami, my husband loves Marco Island, he won. I really didn’t lose as I love Marco Island as much as Miami.

FREE

HGVC Mcalpin, Miami Beach Florida

1 bedroom gold week

Home booking weeks 18-22,34-50

3400 points

Maintenance fee $1023.43

(without yearly hgvc dues-additional $170 if this is your only hgvc)

Start use 2019

I spoke with LT transfers. Being I will be giving this as a gift to a fellow tugger friend, I was told there will be no Right of first refusal. I hope they are right. Based on another tuggers experience this seems to be true. I will have to fill out a gift affidavit form.

I will use LT Transfers as the closing company. I will pay all of LT Transfer fees plus hgvc’s estoppel fee, hgvc’s gift affidavit fee if there is one and hgvc’s ownership transfer fee. This way it is truly a gift.

You will be responsible for the HGVC activation fee of $599 after closing occurs and HGVC will bill you directly.

What did you get for free on Marco Island?

jhac007

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ko Olina BC, Waioha BC, Crystal Shores (2 Gold), Kierland (Gold Plus), Ocean Pointe, Eagle's Nest, Vistana BC, Villas at Doral, Mizner Place, Windward Pointe, Star Island

Southegirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbour, Grand Pacific Palisades
Hmmm, could it be the same person?
Panina- I usually don't respond to negativity, but you have forced my hand. When my financial situation changed, I let you know the reason for not continuing with the process. I made a good faith attempt to make things right with you by reimbursing the expenses you incurred. Would you continue on with the purchase not knowing what the future held financially - No!

Did you not have enough negative things to say in our personal email? Do you really need to come on the forums and chastise me further? Get a LIFE! No, get several!

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panina- I usually don't respond to negativity, but you have forced my hand. When my financial situation changed, I let you know the reason for not continuing with the process. I made a good faith attempt to make things right with you by reimbursing the expenses you incurred. Would you continue on with the purchase not knowing what the future held financially - No!

Did you not have enough negative things to say in our personal email? Do you really need to come on the forums and chastise me further? Get a LIFE! No, get several!
Southegirl,
At first I wasn’t going to answer as I really don’t want you to be upset anymore but feel it is the right thing to do.

I never said who you were in my post. When we place ads, we often get multiple private inquiries through conversations.

My intent was to have a discussion on how I don’t get in a similar situation in the future. It had ramifications on me too.

I never meant to hurt you and I am extending my apology as I obviously have.

I actually said in my post “ the buyer was a nice person and did right by me whole...”.
I am answering this because I still believe that and do not want anyone in this community to think differently.

I just deleted the “hmmm” comment and If me deleting any other post including this one will help, lmk and I will.

Again, never meant to hurt you, so sorry I did.

Last edited:

Southegirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbour, Grand Pacific Palisades
I appreciate your response and thank you!

Southegirl,
At first I wasn’t going to answer as I really don’t want you to be upset anymore but feel it is the right thing to do.

I never said who you were in my post. When we place ads, we often get multiple private inquiries through conversations.

My intent was to have a discussion on how I don’t get in a similar situation in the future. It had ramifications on me too.

I never meant to hurt you and I am extending my apology as I obviously have.

I actually said in my post “ the buyer was a nice person and did right by me whole...”.
I am answering this because I still believe that and do not want anyone in this community to think differently.

I just deleted the “hmmm” comment and If me deleting any other post including this one will help, lmk and I will.

Again, never meant to hurt you, so sorry I did.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The best way of communicating just happened here on TUG! I love McAlpin and wish I could buy it. If it's not spoken for yet, I urge a TUGger to grab this week in this beautiful Art Deco Bldg just a walk in the park from the beach!

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston
If this is available, please reach out to me as I am interested. I am looking to add an additional 7000 points to my HGVC portfolio and this would be a good start.

Thanks

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This week is still available. When it is no longer available I will have a post in this thread to let everyone know.

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston
Thank you for offering Panina but as my wife reminded me, adding multiple packages means paying multiple maintenance fees instead of just adding a second if we can find the 7,000 points we need.

Thank you again and I hope someone from the board is able to take this. South beach is such a highly desired area and my son would kill me if he knew I passed on this.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for offering Panina but as my wife reminded me, adding multiple packages means paying multiple maintenance fees instead of just adding a second if we can find the 7,000 points we need.

Thank you again and I hope someone from the board is able to take this. South beach is such a highly desired area and my son would kill me if he knew I passed on this.
Just keep looking for what you need, eventually you will find it.

This week is best for a lover of Miami Beach that will use it often and trade the points to others places less often or for someone who wants to get into HGVC without putting more money in to see if they like the system.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Is parking only on street there?

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is parking only on street there?
You really do not need a car unless you are driving there. The resort does not offer Self parking. They offer
Valet parking at $46.01 a day. Someone just recently posted on trip advisor (June 14) they “opted to pay $20/day just a block away.” Not sure if street parking is readily available. Maybe another tugger will know.

gdstuart

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aw shucks. Hesitated too long! Congrats!

I was considering adding it to my $1 San Francisco timeshare holding, which of course I also found on TUG.

If it falls through, please PM me. I'm a Hilton fanboy.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aw shucks. Hesitated too long! Congrats!

I was considering adding it to my $1 San Francisco timeshare holding, which of course I also found on TUG.

If it falls through, please PM me. I'm a Hilton fanboy.
Will do. I think this one will go thru but you never know for sure until it does.