• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free- Hono Koa, Maui 2br/2ba

clareh65

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a 2 bed/2 bath floating week at Hono Koa to give away.
This is a Palm unit with every year usage beginning 10/1/2016
2017 maintenance fees $1265.92 and taxes $145.40 will be paid by seller through September 2017.
Seller will pay LT Transfers to complete all transfer paperwork.
Resort transfer fee negotiable.
Trades with II or RCI
We have owned and enjoyed this timeshare for 20 years and would love to pass this unit on to someone who will be able to make good use of it in the future.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Is the property kept up to date

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are asking the condition of the property, it's not Gold Crown or Five Star. It's just a pretty little place, well landscaped, with fairly large units that sleep six people.

The kitchen appliances are stainless, new in the last three years, the cabinets are white, and the counters are a black/brown granite. The shower in the master is large and works great. I enjoy my showers at Hono Koa.

The furniture in the living rooms is okay. I personally don't like our furniture in the Koa units (we own Koa) but the Palm and Hale have different living room furniture than we have, and we have stayed in a Hale and liked the furniture.

And the OP should also know about the $550 transfer fee Soleil Management charges for transfer.

clareh65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks RickandCindy23 for the quick and detailed response!

We have always been pleased with the updates at Hono Koa.

clareh65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Available, happy to answer any questions.

clareh65

TUG Member
Reaction score
All transfer costs and maintenance fees will be paid to October 2017!!

clareh65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Prime weeks for 2017 still available to reserve. Pick your dates!

drguy

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
How is the crime rate recently? We exchanged into there a few years ago and had to wait for the police to complete an investigation prior to our checking in. Staff made it sound like business as usual.
Thanks.

clareh65

TUG Member
Reaction score
How is the crime rate recently? We exchanged into there a few years ago and had to wait for the police to complete an investigation prior to our checking in. Staff made it sound like business as usual.
Thanks.

We have owned here for 20 years and have not experienced any issues with crime. We have always felt safe at the resort and in the surrounding areas.
When was this? Do you know what the incident was?
RickandCindy23 own here too and I would welcome any input they might have.

drguy

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have owned here for 20 years and have not experienced any issues with crime. We have always felt safe at the resort and in the surrounding areas.
When was this? Do you know what the incident was?
RickandCindy23 own here too and I would welcome any input they might have.

It was a burglary about 3 years ago.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Thanks.
We have never experienced any crime while there and have never seen a police car onsite. There was an ambulance once, when an older lady in the unit below us had a heart attack.

We keep our sliding glass windows wide open all night on the second floor and above.

When you go to the islands, always take your valuables out of the rental car. Our friends rented a million-dollar house on Oahu and had everything stolen from the car, which was in the driveway at the time, and it was a long driveway, so they thought their stuff was safe.

clareh65

TUG Member
Reaction score
[advertising deleted]

Last edited by a moderator:

Nickelnm

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None (yet) Doing research
Can you give more information about location? We just got back from 10 days in Hawaii and stayed with a friend in her timeshare. She has points system and we wanted a few extra days so, we were able to do bonus time SUPER cheap. I loved the flexibility and accomodations (We stayed at several different locations) on Maui.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am not the OP, but I can answer because we own three weeks at Hono Koa. The location is a little north of Ka'anapali, and a little south of Kapalua. Hono Koa is at 3801 Lower Honoapiilani Road, and if you Google Map the location, you can see that the resort is oceanfront. Not all units are oceanfront, but the grounds are very definitely oceanfront. Many owners snorkel right in front of the resort. It's a beautiful location, but I am not into fancy, I am into comfortable, and our units are oceanfront, so we really appreciate every stay at Hono Koa.

Nickelnm

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
None (yet) Doing research
That's right in the area where we stayed and LOVED it! We snorkeled at several of the beaches in the area including Kapalua. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Nicole

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
The original offer was posted in August, and the OP hasn't been back to TUG since Nov., so the best way to contact her would be a private message: Click on her blue user name, and then click "start a conversation."

clareh65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Denise! I have been communicating with the interested party.

clareh65

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reservations are filling up. If you have dates in mind I can reserve the week now for you to use after purchase.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
What is the Maintenence fee

clareh65

TUG Member
Reaction score
2017 maintenance fees $1265.92 and are paid up to Oct 1, 2017