• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Free! St Augustine Beach, 2 BD, 2 BA Float weeks 1-21, 38-52

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Townhouses at St. Augustine Beach and Tennis Resort, 3960 A1A South, St. Augustine Beach, FL

2 BD, sleep 6, 1150 sq ft.

Float week, (weeks 1-21, 38-52, includes Christmas, New Years, Easter, Thanksgiving weeks.) Maintenance Fee $540 (including taxes, etc.). Available 2020.

The Townhouses at the St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club are in an ideal location with the beach a 5-minute walk away and clay tennis courts onsite as well as both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, saunas, whirlpool tub and fitness centers. These are not high rise buildings, but townhouses, no one above or below you. Quiet gated community. Full kitchen and screened lanai. Two bedrooms, two baths, cable television, WI-Fi, DVD player, air conditioning, screened-in patio and full sized laundry. You can park right in front of the unit.

Sunday check-in , choose from a one-story unit or 2 story. The one-story units have 2 queen beds, the 2 story have 2 ½ baths and twin beds in the second bedroom. Resort is constantly upgrading units.

Trades well with II (TAS) and we use Platinum Interchange and DAE also.

We have been going there since purchase in 2004. We own 5 fixed weeks in January and go every year, but no longer need the float week since we are not based on the East Coast anymore.

The beach is wide with soft sand. Fly your kite! Plus, enjoy the nation’s oldest city with Christmas lights that are listed as one of the world’s top ten Christmas city lights by National Geographic Traveler magazine. Just two hours from Disney and one hour from Daytona Beach as well as activities in town, along the beach and at the pier.

Asking buyer to pay the resort transfer fee $125.

Attachments

• IMG_7267 (Small).JPG
    IMG_7267 (Small).JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_7273 (Small).JPG
    IMG_7273 (Small).JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_7265 (Small).JPG
    IMG_7265 (Small).JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_5340 (Small).JPG
    IMG_5340 (Small).JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Kit in 1 story.JPG
    Kit in 1 story.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 2ndpool (Medium) (Small).JPG
    2ndpool (Medium) (Small).JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 115
  • PB050020 (Small).JPG
    PB050020 (Small).JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 127
  • PB050022 (Small).JPG
    PB050022 (Small).JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2659 (Small).JPG
    IMG_2659 (Small).JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
What a nice give away!

Mjasp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
This looks very interesting since we live in Orlando and love St. Augustine. I've been looking online at the pictures, are the units dated?

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
This looks very interesting since we live in Orlando and love St. Augustine. I've been looking online at the pictures, are the units dated?
HI
Thanks for writing. If by dated, you mean are they old? I have more photos, I thought I put on more but maybe there is a limit. There are varying unit configurations and furniture since they have slowly been updated all of them. I can put on a few more photos here too, I guess .

Yes, they are older but have been kept up well. This is a "legacy" resort, that is, by definition, an older one. I have read the reviews too, of course, and one was particularly bad, but the others were good and I can only say that maintenance has been diligent over the years to upgrade and improve and that we LOVE it -- and everyone who has visited there with us, has loved them too, and IMG_2910 (Small).JPG dining table and dishes (Small).JPG IMG_7238 (Small).JPG Screened patios.JPG IMG_2915 (Small).JPG IMG_2916 (Small).JPG Ron's two brothers in fact, went home and immediately bought one or two weeks each too. We had a family reunion (24 people) this January and hosted in the units (we had a "Dungey family" circle of 4 units), although some who live nearby stayed in their homes).

Here are some more photos and you can continue to ask more questions as needed.

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
How generous an offer, Joan. I would be tempted to take this to stay there...sure do love St Augustine! It's been several years since I stayed at this resort, but I loved it and thought the villa was very well-maintained. I know they have a very hands-on manager...if it's the same gal. I met her because I liked the place so much I went to the office to check their resale list. They only had fixed weeks if I recall, and not one I would want for my own use. But this offer from Joan...a floating week in shoulder season, for free...I am almost tempted! (But my husband passed in December and I am trying to figure out how many timeshares I really need, how much I will travel, etc.)

If you are a member of Interval International, they now charge upgrade fees if you want a bigger size than what you own. This St Augustine week is TWO BEDROOM and will have excellent trade power in II...and no upgrade fee unless you're trying to get into a rare 3-bedroom somewhere. I hope somebody grabs this week.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I just read Joan's whole posting and noticed the annual maint fee is the same as when I visited about 7 years ago. That's really good for value when trading, the way the exchange fees keep going up and up. I would grab this for trading within II if I didn't already have a two br that locks off with II that I use for trading. (My annual maint fee is over $1K however!)

Plus... I still have two RCI weeks that give me good tpu value, so, I am kinda done for now.(I used to have 12 timeshares, and I thought I'd have to go to a 12 steps program!)

Reactions: Arb

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Still available

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The MF is excellent for a coastal 2 BD resort.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
How far in advance to you request a specific week? And have you always got your first choice?

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How far in advance to you request a specific week? And have you always got your first choice?
I request early - a year out usually, but not necessary. My brother-in-law requested at Thanksgiving last year 2018 for January 2019 and got it! In fact, we requested a certain one in October for our family reunion in January too and got it. So don't have to too far out. Yes, I always get what I want!!

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Honestly I am surprised this hasn't been snapped up yet. I think it would trade really well with II...and with the low maint fee you could get other desirable resorts, and get two BR size exchanges, without paying upgrade fees. I know that Joan has owned for several years and has used this as a trader to piggyback weeks for their retirement odyssey. I think Ron and Joan lived in timeshares pretty much fulltime for five years, and you wouldn't be able to successfully get all the exchanges you wanted unless you owned a powerful trader. And on its own merits, St Augustine is a wonderful city! OK, I will stop singing the praises of this deal...I don't want anyone to accuse me of being a shill, LOL. Happy springtime ya'll!

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
Honestly I am surprised this hasn't been snapped up yet. I think it would trade really well with II...and with the low maint fee you could get other desirable resorts, and get two BR size exchanges, without paying upgrade fees. I know that Joan has owned for several years and has used this as a trader to piggyback weeks for their retirement odyssey. I think Ron and Joan lived in timeshares pretty much fulltime for five years, and you wouldn't be able to successfully get all the exchanges you wanted unless you owned a powerful trader. And on its own merits, St Augustine is a wonderful city! OK, I will stop singing the praises of this deal...I don't want anyone to accuse me of being a shill, LOL. Happy springtime ya'll!
You are tempting me! Lol

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We stayed there it’s really nice. I’d take it but have too many timeshares already.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We stayed there it’s really nice. I’d take it but have too many timeshares already.
Yes, we all know about too many timeshares :(

Carol C

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Still no takers?!!! Wow...hard to give something away even for free on TUG. I tried to get Joan to swap with me, to take the Sheraton Broadway Plantation I got from TUGger Tracey for free...but Joan really does have too many timeshares at this point, and she said "no" to my excellent barter idea. :confused:

OK, ya'll have a great weekend! :wave:

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This week has been taken, Thanks for everyone's questions.