• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

FYI this is where some of the Nanea one bedrooms are going

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
No, WKORVN stands for "Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas-North." What they are saying is to give up trying to get a 1 bedroom at Nanea, and book a one bedroom at the other Maui Westin resort at the 8th month mark when that booking window opens.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
No, WKORVN stands for "Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas-North." What they are saying is to give up trying to get a 1 bedroom at Nanea, and book a one bedroom at the other Maui Westin resort at the 8th month mark when that booking window opens.

^^^^^ This is correct ^^^^^

Your room assignment will be random. But none of the island views face the road or the parking lot, which is better than WKORV and better than Nanea. And it is possible that you will get an OV or OF room.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Hi Robert, i am just beginning to join the forums at TUG (although signed for TUG 3 years ago), forgive me for my ignorance, but WKORVN means week of resort view, doesn't it? what does "n" stand?

Thanks bizaro86 for your reply. I have called Westin Nanea today, they told me there are 48 one BD villas, 250 two BD villas, and 38 three BD villas at the property, as of now when all the construction has already been completed. It looks the issue of 1 BD villas won't go away. I also wonder what kind of owners are able to reserve an one BD villa?
The N stands for North. There is the original resort, which is sometimes referred to as South. Then the newer resort is North. Of course they have since added Nanea.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Robert, i am just beginning to join the forums at TUG (although signed for TUG 3 years ago), forgive me for my ignorance, but WKORVN means week of resort view, doesn't it? what does "n" stand?

Thanks bizaro86 for your reply. I have called Westin Nanea today, they told me there are 48 one BD villas, 250 two BD villas, and 38 three BD villas at the property, as of now when all the construction has already been completed. It looks the issue of 1 BD villas won't go away. I also wonder what kind of owners are able to reserve an one BD villa?

Anyone who owns resort view options can book a one bedroom. So if an owner bought 148k home options they could book a one bedroom for a longer time. I also think it's likely they have sold more 81k ownerships than there are one bedroom weeks available. That isn't technically overselling, because all the points are backed by all the units, but it does mean some folks with 81k are getting less than a week in a 2 bedroom if they want to stay at Nanea.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

There is an acronym list in the Owner Resources Stickie at top of the VSE forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Another reason for less 1Bd availability at Nanea - they are using them for the 5-nite Preview Invitations - we are using one in Sept.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
When we did our owners update the sales person admitted that there will always be a problem with one bedrooms at Nanea as well as 3 bedrooms. Once he realized we weren’t ever buying there, he was quite honest with the downfalls of that resort. The pool area is another miss and after spending 3 days there ourselves we agreed.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Anyone who owns resort view options can book a one bedroom. So if an owner bought 148k home options they could book a one bedroom for a longer time. I also think it's likely they have sold more 81k ownerships than there are one bedroom weeks available. That isn't technically overselling, because all the points are backed by all the units, but it does mean some folks with 81k are getting less than a week in a 2 bedroom if they want to stay at Nanea.

That's exactly what is happening. People purchased enough points to book a two-bedroom unit for the added flexibility but most of the time they only need a one-bedroom unit so that's what they are booking. However, those same people have no higher priority than does @Vacationgoer . All they are doing is booking right past midnight Eastern Time one year prior. That's also the only way @Vacationgoer is going to be able to get the one-bedroom unit!

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
When we did our owners update the sales person admitted that there will always be a problem with one bedrooms at Nanea as well as 3 bedrooms. Once he realized we weren’t ever buying there, he was quite honest with the downfalls of that resort. The pool area is another miss and after spending 3 days there ourselves we agreed.

I would disagree with your sales person. I believe there will always be an issue with a 2-bedroom OF. When I've checked availability at the 12-month mark, 3-bedroom (32 total) is regularly available but 2-bedroom OF is not. And of course, those OF owners who purchased only enough to book a 2-bedroom (only 16 total) for one week are unable to avail themselves of the other OF offering unless they wish to stay less than a week.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
The unintended consequences of HomeResort Options/Points system it seems.
Solution... buy more?

I’ll take deeded (resale) WKORV OF
TYVM

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
The pool area is another miss and after spending 3 days there ourselves we agreed.

What is the issue with the pool? Thanks for the comments!

Best,

Greg

RichterRising

Reaction score
At the nanea sales pitch last week they started us at the 148k eoy then sold us 67,100 EY, telling us we were getting enough points to bank a 2 week stay at wkorvN. Never explained the lack of 1 bedroom availability at our home resort (nanea), or the 8 month window part of the equation. Nor did he explain that by paying for 67k EY verse an equivalent EOY package, that we would basically be paying double the MF.
They are still using the little cutouts of the studio/1 bd at WkorvN to explain what you get for what points, to sell nanea deeds.
Thankfully we found tug in time and rescinded, as we were sold basically the exact opposite of what would be best for our needs

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
What is the issue with the pool? Thanks for the comments!

Best,

Greg[While the pools themselves are quite nice they are extremely crowded and you can not see the ocean from the pool at all, like you can at WKORV-N. That to us was disappointing although my 17 mos old grand daughter loved the children's area of the pools. They were well done.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
While the pool area is smaller than either WKORV or WKORV-North, when we were at Nanea in March, there were always pool chairs available at all times of the day. I was impressed with how the staff policed the "saving" of chairs.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
They put the kids pool at the front so the ocean-view is cut off. It gets very congested near building One. Chairs are abundant but there’s no clear walking path but right in between chairs. They didn’t leave much room there and having that kids area at the front is wasting great real estate.
We often went out of the pool area and walked on the grass to the other side just so we weren’t walking in between people or the kiddie area.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
Another thing I was amazed about Nanea was how many rooms faced the parking lot. People complain about WKORV IV, but at least you get some Mountain View. Nanea is parking lot for so much of its ‘resort view’. Every time we sat for the shuttle I was just astounded that they couldn’t figure out a better layout for the resort to eliminate that problem.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
While the pool area is smaller than either WKORV or WKORV-North, when we were at Nanea in March, there were always pool chairs available at all times of the day. I was impressed with how the staff policed the "saving" of chairs.
Good point. We were able to get chairs at Nanea and not at WKORV-N as we typically went off snorkling and got to the pools later in the day.