• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Getting an AC with Interval

Bill4728

Reaction score
There are lots of questions here on TUG about "will I get an AC for this week" or "when will II start offering AC for this week/ resort". Or " when does II start offering AC for my Platinum Marriott week?"

My questions is why are people asking this? I always get offered an AC when I look to deposit my floating units. The resorts are in Whistler and SoCal. Yes they are all in high demand areas and RED II weeks. But I get offered AC for weeks that within my TS companies are mid or even low season.

I've just done some test deposits with several different weeks in seasons I think are low demand and every time II offers me a AC. Do I just have great weeks, or I'm I just lucky? I'm I the only one who this is happening to?

siki

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I deposited my Aruba Surf Club unit, I had to ask if there were any Ac's available. I did end up receiving one.

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Sincethe new II website debuted it is much less obvious whether I will get offered an AC or not. Previously it popped up as soon as I would begin to search with an undeposited week, but now it only says that it will get an AC if I go all the way through the steps to pretend to deposit it. I didn't realize I needed to do that until someone here on TUG explained that. In practive I find it irritating to have to go through those extra steps to see if II is offering the AC, but at least I now know that's how to do it. It's possible that many folks don't realize at what step they will see if the AC is offered or not.

BTW, Bill, I assume you know that II offers ACs for yellow CI Whistler weeks, and even for some green Tremblant weeks.

Bill4728

Reaction score
BTW, Bill, I assume you know that II offers ACs for yellow CI Whistler weeks,

Thanks Yes I knew that.

pizzagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is an AC?

Bill4728 said:
There are lots of questions here on TUG about "will I get an AC for this week" or "when will II start offering AC for this week/ resort". Or " when does II start offering AC for my Platinum Marriott week?"

My questions is why are people asking this? I always get offered an AC when I look to deposit my floating units. The resorts are in Whistler and SoCal. Yes they are all in high demand areas and RED II weeks. But I get offered AC for weeks that within my TS companies are mid or even low season.

I've just done some test deposits with several different weeks in seasons I think are low demand and every time II offers me a AC. Do I just have great weeks, or I'm I just lucky? I'm I the only one who this is happening to?

Excuse this newbie's ignorance but what is an AC? I am an II member.
Thanks!

barndweller

TUG Member
Reaction score
AC=Accomindation Certificate

II issues ACs for desireable deposits. They are good for 1 year from the date of your deposit. They are restricted with a "grid" of locations and months that are usually low season and what is considered overbuilt areas where there are an abundance of units available, like Orlando. The grid restriction disappears at the 59 day mark and you can book anything that shows up.
The cost seems to vary since mine have always been $329 for a 2/bed & others say theirs are $299. II always gives them for "red" deposits like Hawaii and coastal California. Call them & ask if your unit is eligible.
I find them useful but other Tuggers don't. If you can travel off season they can be a bargain and you can get some very upscale units. Don't expect Hawaii in July or a prime ski week in Colorado, though. For that you have to try using an alternative exchange company that gives "bonus weeks" (like SFX.) They don't have a grid.
Julie

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
barndweller said:
The cost seems to vary since mine have always been $329 for a 2/bed & others say theirs are $299.

Yes, the cost does vary. The one I have right now is $199 for a studio, $249 for a 1BR, and $299 for anything larger than that, but the previous one I had was $199 for any size.