• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Getting Aruba through Interval International

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
Planning on returning to Aruba next May or June and was wondering what II’s inventory may look like (Not necessarily for that timeframe now but perhaps historically). I’ve used RCI for exchanges in June 2018 and August 2019. Looks like II has a few different resorts in the directory and I was considering joining for a year to see if I could get a decent value at a cash vacation or potentially deposit one of my resorts for exchange. Only issue there is I would be depositing a studio and would need a two bedroom unit. I believe there are additional fees with II when changing the unit size? Anyone here that routinely exchanges into Aruba with Interval and would have any suggestions or advice?

Mark

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you are using a Marriott deposit, getting a 2BR for that studio may be possible as you would have Marriott preference and could trade in to the Surf Club. Surf Club is usually a fairly easy trade if you put in an OGS. What are you using to trade with?

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
The Marriotts in Aruba do come up for trade, more studios but 1 and 2 bedrooms do pop up. They do actually come up as Getaways occasionally too. I don’t know about other resorts bc I usually look for Marriotts. Yes there are upgrade fees to bigger units too. Here are the fees:
https://www.intervalworld.com/iimedia/pdf/IIFeesasof010119.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Marriotts in Aruba do come up for trade, more studios but 1 and 2 bedrooms do pop up. They do actually come up as Getaways occasionally too. I don’t know about other resorts bc I usually look for Marriotts. Yes there are upgrade fees to bigger units too. Here are the fees:
https://www.intervalworld.com/iimedia/pdf/IIFeesasof010119.pdf

Thanks for the info Theiggy. The Marriotts would certainly be of interest to us and are one of the reasons I’m considering joining Interval for a year. We’ve done very well with exchanging through RCI in the past but I thought it may be interesting to try something different. Both for exchange and to see what type of cash vacations may be available at different places.

Mark

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
I did a search for you, I don’t see any for exchange right now in Aruba in May/June (I used my 2020 Marriott Aruba surf club studio to search), but there are a few in Getaways at LaCabana, Eagle Aruba and Paradise Beach Villas, however all of those say priority viewing (for Platinum members). They are 1 bedrooms and studios only and they range from $849-$1649 again platinum pricing.
Are you trading a Marriott?

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would not be using a Marriott for exchange (don’t own any). It would be a studio/ red season Hawaii unit that I could use to exchange.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Check Platinum Interchange. I exchanged into Paradise Beach Villas for last year thru them, they have lots of inventory for this resort, and free membership. It was an excellent exchange and I'd go back. You'll have a little upgrade fee for size.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
And yes, II does have some for exchange in your months, at the moment. Join TUG and ask over in Sightings and I'll be more specific. :)

Oops sorry - not 2-BR. Never mind.

Still a good idea to join TUG and have folks be on the lookout for you over in Sightings.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would think May/June wouldn't be an issue with II - even with the Marriotts.

I have a nonbrand/non rated unit I deposit into II (highest TDI week) and I have pulled April school vacation and Thanksgiving week at the Marriotts in Aruba.

lweverett

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If I'm not wrong, you can request an ongoing search with a studio and offer to pay the upgrade fee but you would be matched with the first available be it a studio, one BR, or two BR. You have the option to turn down a match if within the first 24 hours, but you would have to watch carefully.