• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Getting two weeks „back to back“

urbiman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to try my luck at MVF and would like to try to get back to back exchange weeks.

Arrival is Thursday,Friday,Saturday, Sunday. My idea would be to put in two searches: one for Thursday (day 1) - Sunday (day 11) and another from following Thursday (day 8) - Sunday (day 18). This would maximize the chances as it would cover all arrival days, however the two weeks (if both actually work out) could be overlapping or there could be a gap.

Is this the best strategy for what I am trying to achieve or am I missing important things?

jlp879

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you are on the right track for your exchange. I'm not sure where you're trying to exchange to (Marriott in France?) but most likely both exchanges will not come through at the same time.

Once one week has been confirmed with Interval International, then you can telephone I.I. and let them know that you want the second week to align. So if you get the first week confirmed with a check in day of Friday, then you call I.I. and let then know you will only accept the second week check in day with Friday as well.

If you don't call to follow up with this, they won't pay attention to aligning the check in days.

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We don't get on a plane unless I have at least 2 but most of the time it's 3 weeks in a row. I m not a mvc member but I do trade into Marriotts often. It takes more time and I plan out sometimes a year in advance. Lining them up on the same check in days of the week can be a challenge. I will rent a hotel for a day or two if needed. Lasst year we did 3 weeks along the gulf in Florida. This year 2 weeks at Samoset in Maine and a week in Vermont. All weeks lined up perfectly. One year we did OBX, Gatlinburg, 2days renting a hotel in Alexandria and then to Williamsburg in October. You need to decide which airport to use and car rental. We first try the airports closest to our last week but price of air and car can change that. I first try to get the first 2 weeks together and then the third week can be at either end. Btw I am retired. I don't do high Prime time. I and others do this a lot on hawaii bcuz of the high cost of air.