• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Glacier National Park in early June?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Glacier Images, June 2011

The link below leads to a quickie webpage I just set up, with a few of the images we took at Glacier two weeks ago. These aren't high quality images, but they'll give you some idea of what incredible beauty Glacier has to offer. Enjoy!

http://www.skagitvalleylife.net/glacier/images.html

Dave

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
My Review is Posted

My review of Glacier Wilderness Resort is now posted in the Resort Database section of Tug. In addition to a full review of the property, there are also a number of inside and outside images of our cabin, and a resort map. It should give a good idea of what to expect for anyone who will be staying there.

Dave

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey Dave,

I thought you'd like to know the Going to the Sun Road just opened up today. Better late than never!

Cheers!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Hey Dave,

I thought you'd like to know the Going to the Sun Road just opened up today. Better late than never!

Cheers!

Oh sure. Rub it in! :D Over a month after we were there...

Dave

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh sure. Rub it in! :D Over a month after we were there...

Dave

I really wasn't trying to rub it in! I thought you'd feel better knowing you didn't miss by a day or 2. That would have made me mad!

Cheers!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I really wasn't trying to rub it in! I thought you'd feel better knowing you didn't miss by a day or 2. That would have made me mad!

Cheers!

Well, that's true. Either way, it was an awesome trip. And I have this amazing bottle of Flathead Coffee Vodka to prove it... ;)

Dave

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
It was over 10 days since we left. Just wish we stayed in one of the timeshares knowing the road was closed any way. We had to drive out of the park to get to the other side.

The room in the Motor Inn we stayed near Lake McDonald was filled with at least two dozens of mosquitoes. :( My son thought snapping mosquitoes was a family activity. We drove by Whitefish later. The town looks very nice.

Steve

Reaction score
Nancy,

It was fun to read about you and your husband and your business in a recent issue of Montana magazine. I was just reading through the issue and realized that they were talking about...and interviewing...you.

Congrats on your business!

Steve

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Nancy,

It was fun to read about you and your husband and your business in a recent issue of Montana magazine. I was just reading through the issue and realized that they were talking about...and interviewing...you.

Steve

And can I add my +1 for their products? Their coffee-infused vodka is amazing! :clap:

Dave

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nancy,

Steve

And can I add my +1 for their products? Their coffee-infused vodka is amazing! :clap:

Dave

Thanks Steve & Dave!!! We've been waiting for the article to show up in the magazine. I guess I better go out and get a copy! :)

Cheers!

jlwquilter

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It was over 10 days since we left. Just wish we stayed in one of the timeshares knowing the road was closed any way. We had to drive out of the park to get to the other side.

The room in the Motor Inn we stayed near Lake McDonald was filled with at least two dozens of mosquitoes. :( My son thought snapping mosquitoes was a family activity. We drove by Whitefish later. The town looks very nice.

The GTTS road being closed hampered us as well and we did stay at Glacier Wilderness Resort.

One the day we went to Many Glaciers the road construction was in full swing. It took us over 2 hours to go 40 miles. It took us almost 4 hours total to get to Many Glaciers. We hiked to the top of the lake and were just in time to catch the last boat back to the hotel. No time to continue on to the lake for me and DD (who had had enough) :bawl: as we took the boat back.

DH did hike to the lake by himself and met two very frazzled hikers coming back from the lake that said they had just seen a bear and cub. DH went on to the lake and caught up with them on his way back to the hotel - where they had just run into the bear and cub again. Yep - out popped momma and cub right on the trail ahead of them. DH already had his bear spray ready and just followed all the 'rules' - stayed quiet, lowered his bulk down to seem smaller, inched away very very very slowly. He said the momma definitely knew he was there but didn't seem interested/threatened. After about 20 minutes or so, the bears moved on and DH and the other 2 hikers took the opportunity to pass that section of trail. This all was about 1 1/2 miles from the hotel.

DH said it was very cool, kinda scary and he was totally focused on that bear during the time, trying to be ready for anything. In the stupid way humans are I was disappointed I hadn't been there too but very glad DD wasn't - I am afraid she would have freaked.

FYI - about 2 weeks ago a 57 year old man was killed by a momma bear in GNP. His wife escaped with minor wounds. There may be a great deal more to the story than what was first reported, but that's the bare facts as I read them in the paper.

Last edited:

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
And this thread too - I am hoping some of the previous contributors in this thread night drop back by and tell if Glacier National was still that good.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
And this thread too - I am hoping some of the previous contributors in this thread night drop back by and tell if Glacier National was still that good.

Not sure what you’re asking. “That good,” as compared to what? It’s been seven years since I started this thread. What information do you want to know?

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's still 'That Good".

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Deleted

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It’s good, but after seeing Banff and Jasper, we think the Canadian Rockies are prettier. Also more glaciers are visible or easily accessible than that in GNP.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
It’s good, but after seeing Banff and Jasper, we think the Canadian Rockies are prettier. Also more glaciers are visible or easily accessible than that in GNP.
The 2nd part of this vacation will be at Horsethief so I'm hoping we get a good look at the Canadian Rockies from there as well.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I have a friend who has been both the the US and Canadian Rockies and she said the US Rockies though beautiful, are no match for the Canadian ones.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
The Rockies encompass a lot of area with a lot of variety. Trying to compare one to the other is pointless. Go to as many as possible.
The Canadian Rockies are spectacular and have more roads into the interior so if you don't want to get out of your car, you can see more. But you will also see more people. With Glacier, there is just the one road through the interior and the rest around the outside so you need to get out on the trails to really see the good stuff. Rocky Mountain National Park is also great but the mountains are different than those to the north. Not worse but just different. Yellowstone is somewhat in between but completely different than the other 2. The further south you go, the less glaciers you will see. Then there are all those places less hyped because they are outside a National Park and are just as spectacular.
So many places, so little time.
Sue

PS: please pick one thread and put all new posts there.