TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Note that the "About the rest of TUG" and "About TUGBBS" forums have been moved further down the list under the lounge area. just in case anyone was wondering where they disappeared to!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. TUG started 24 years ago this month in 1993 as a group of owners on prodigy! Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The TUG forums have been upgraded this evening to now utilize https as a more secure way to connect and browse the site (Especially for those logged in). please let us know if you experience any issues or errors while on the site so we can correct them! it is our hope that this is a completely seamless change/upgrade! Forum upgrade thread
    Dismiss Notice

Golf on Hilton Head

Discussion in 'Marriott Vacation Club' started by sueoz, Feb 12, 2018.

1. sueoz

sueoz TUG Member

hi we are at grande vista in Orlando right now. Did a presentation this morning. One of the comments made was that in off season - January - Monarch offers free golf. I tried looking online and found nothing. Was this just another misinformed sales person or where should I look for this? If not monarch - are there other Marriott’s on HHI that offer decent golf packages off season?
    Thanks, sue

2. tschwa2

tschwa2 TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    A few in SC, VA and FL, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, NY, UT, ME, WI, and TN plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
    Marriott Heritage Club in Harbor Towne offers free golf. The others probably offer discounts at various courses. I would imagine off season more discounts would be available.

3. sandcfort

sandcfort Guest

Resorts Owned:
    MVCI Points
    Heritage club is very small and tough to get in point value wise. Williamsburg offers same deal, as I am told another in Palm Desert (unverified). Golf was free in Williamsbrg but cart was not. HHI resorts partner with the Heritage golf group for discounted 7 day all you can play including cart. We went in April and it was $200. I think it was 3 locations and 1 location had 18 holes, another 27 and 54 at the other.

4. jme

jme TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Marriotts:
    Grande Ocean x 6
    Barony x 2
    OceanWatch x 1
    Manor Club x 1
    Waterside by Spin x 2
    Sheraton Bdwy Plnt x 2
    ChurchStInnCharleston2
    For accurate information on the standard programs, or latest deals, the best bet is always to call the
    resort and inquire about its golf privileges and fees.

5. sueoz

sueoz TUG Member

Thank you all for your help. I have some research to do!
    Sue

6. VacationForever

VacationForever Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

Golf in Palm Desert is free for 2 rounds only if you go to the owners update and you still have to pay for cart fees.

7. SueDonJ

SueDonJ Moderator

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
    This info was included in the Barony Beach newsletter that came out this week, pretty sure it applies to all HHI resorts:

"Are you aware that Golf Central offers discounted rates at several area courses? If you are thinking of playing golf while on vacation, please contact Golf Central at 843-686-7105. The team will be happy to answer questions or arrange tee times for you. Discounted rates are also available with the Heritage Golf Group which includes all the courses at Port Royal Golf Club, Oyster Reef Golf Club and Shipyard Golf Club."

There's also a blurb about the Old South Golf Program, which I think is separate from the free golf included with all Heritage Club Weeks. If I'm remembering correctly it was available years ago as an add-on with any other HHI Week purchase but hasn't been for quite a while. If I'm not remembering correctly, somebody please correct me. :)

"In 1999, MVC contracted with Old Carolina and Old South Golf Club to provide tee times and discounted golf rates for Owners. This contract will be ending, and MVC does not plan to renew the contract. The last billing for Owners enrolled in the Golf Program is 2018. Although this program is ending, effective December 31, 2018, MVC is working with many golf courses on HHI and the Bluffton area to continue to provide discounted rates for Owners and guests. Please check with the Front Desk for current offers."

jme likes this.
  8. Whoffner

Whoffner Guest

Resorts Owned:
    Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Cyress Harbor, Marriott Grande Vista,
    When I stayed at Monarch there was no free golf. There was the “heritage club” package which offered the ability to play a handful of courses for a releatively cheap rate. This same package was available at other HHI resorts. I found that you could get in better courses using golfnow for essentially the same rate.... especially in January.