• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Got My Kaanapali Exchange

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
Had a request in for HKB for May and it got filled! We will be staying here and at the new Westin Nanea. Will be interesting to compare..

I did this trip last year, first week at the hyatt and second at the WKORVN. The views from the hyatt were stunning, two bedroom exchangers have incredible ocean views, we had an angled view of the parking lot and highway at the westin. The snorkeling was better in front of the westin but the most striking difference between the two was the service. The front desk people at the westin were down right rude, many others were snippy, and the units were not as spacious or high end as the hyatt.

Last edited:

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
We used our SOs to stay at WKORV in a 2BR. I guess we got lucky - we got an ocean view corner unit with windows all across one side and the end of the unit, with a wonderful view. Very spacious, the largest TS unit we've ever stayed. As I remember, the staff provided excellent service. Wanted to stay at Nanea as it is new and have read some very good reviews on it. Looking forward to HKB as well...

I did this trip last year, first week at the hyatt and second at the WKORVN. The views from the hyatt were stunning, two bedroom exchangers have incredible ocean views, we had an angled view of the parking lot and highway at the westin. The snorkeling was better in front of the westin but the most striking difference between the two was the service. The front desk people at the westin were down right rude, many others were snippy, and the units were not as spacious or high end as the hyatt.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We just got our four day request filled in a 1 bedroom yay!! We will stay there before our family gets in and then we have a week at WKORV-N followed by 2 nights in Nanea. We have a 50/50 chance of getting an ocean view at Hyatt

tegs_1980

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are wrapping up a stay at the nanea. The smell of the sewage is awful, the front desk staff are very stingy with assigning interval guests to desirable views (e.g. high floors in buildings 1, 2 and 8) and the food at the entire property is awful. I miss Marriott Maui ocean club where we alwaya stay. The Hyatt residence club Kanaapali looks amazing and one day we will trade our ski week at Hyatt high sierra Lodge for it, but after this 4th trip to Maui, i think it is time to explore more vacation destinations!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are wrapping up a stay at the nanea. The smell of the sewage is awful, the front desk staff are very stingy with assigning interval guests to desirable views (e.g. high floors in buildings 1, 2 and 8) and the food at the entire property is awful. I miss Marriott Maui ocean club where we alwaya stay. The Hyatt residence club Kanaapali looks amazing and one day we will trade our ski week at Hyatt high sierra Lodge for it, but after this 4th trip to Maui, i think it is time to explore more vacation destinations!

We rarely eat at the resort so restaurant food quality at resort not an issue for us. Using SOs, so don't know how that will affect our view. Suspect we may have priority over II traders. I figured sewage smell might be a problem, but it probably depends on the direction of the winds and their intensity.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

Agree about the sewage smell. When you could smell it (bad the first three days because of weather when we were there) it was far worse than I expected, and I am not high maintenance in the least.

FWIW, we had a high floor interior courtyard view on an II exchange. It was fine because for whatever reason, I'm not too fussy about views except for parking lot/garage views which are very disappointing. We have a 180 degree view from our backyard at home so maybe that's why I don't care as much. A lot of the non-ocean views at Nanea face the parking garage. What view categories are available for Nanea when using SO?