• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Lodge Peak 7 - Breckenridge

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello - we are longtime HGVC owners but are starting the process to consider adding a 2BR or 3BR unit at the Grand Lodge on Peak 7 in Breckenridge via the resale market. We have some concerns about ownership rights/privileges transferring from the original owner to us. The last post I found on the topic on TUG is about 8 years old.

I have questions about:

1. Splitting a 2BR lockoff into two single units and, in theory, getting two weeks a year instead of one.

1a. If we split the lockoff into two singles can we maintain the fixed week (if we buy a fixed week) for one half of the unit and then use the other half at another time during the year?

2. Is it better or worse to buy a fixed week? If you go floating what is the window allowed for booking? If you go fixed and end up not wanting that week one year can you trade out to a floating week? We own all floating with Hilton and the flexibility is quite nice.

3. As a resale buyer do I have the same ability to use the facility (pools, spas, parking) when I am NOT a guest at the resort? From the old (2010) post I found it sounds like the answer is "NO".

4. Any other pitfalls I should worry about as a resale owner? As I said before, we are HGVC owners and everyone who owns at HGVC will tell you resale or direct from the developer is the exact same (except for Elite status opportunities). But maybe that's not the case with Breckenridge Grand Vacations.

Thanks in advance!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Do they sell fixed weeks at GP7?

Are you wanting a ski week? If so, the ski weeks have a lottery draw, at least that is what our friends who own told us. They always want a school break but don't get a school break often enough. It's been a problem for their ownership, and they bought developer.

JSparling

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do they sell fixed weeks at GP7?

Are you wanting a ski week? If so, the ski weeks have a lottery draw, at least that is what our friends who own told us. They always want a school break but don't get a school break often enough. It's been a problem for their ownership, and they bought developer.

Interesting! We don't have a real preference with ski/summer. I wouldn't want to get roped into the mud season (Apri/May) but as long as we had prime ski or prime summer it would be fine. The lottery system is a whole new game that sounds less than ideal.

Thanks!

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting! We don't have a real preference with ski/summer. I wouldn't want to get roped into the mud season (Apri/May) but as long as we had prime ski or prime summer it would be fine. The lottery system is a whole new game that sounds less than ideal.

Thanks!

Lottery system is only applicable to Grand Timber Lodge (GTL) which is an older resort by the same developer Breckenridge Grand Vacation. Grand lodge on Peak 7 (GL7) is reservable for floating week by calling in right when reservation window opens 1 year out. I own ski weeks at both GTL and GL7. I’ve never stayed at GTL since I rent those out but I can tell you GL7 is an awesome luxury resort right by the Independence ski lift in peak 7. You can’t get any closer to ski-in-out. Also if you plan on buying GL7 ski week make sure you know there are two types. Winter and Winter Plus. You can only book March spring break weeks with Winter Plus deed unit. I would stay away from Summer or spring/fall units as you can rent those from owners there or at comparable resorts easily for less than maintenance fees.