• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxe PV Room concern..

Lisa8192

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello! Myself and 3 older children (23,21,19) are exchanging into Grande Luxe in a couple weeks. It was an SFX use it or lose it week and I took what I could get. I got a new Loft Studio. We decided that we would make it work and for a studio.. it's huge. Not much privacy, but it's all I could get. Here's my problem. My SFX confirmation says this studio sleeps 4 adults. The Grand Luxe site says it sleeps 2 adults, 2 children. I called SFX and had quite a challenging discussion trying to explain my concern at check in. I'm leary to call the resort. What am I going to do if they tell me we can't stay in that room? I have plane tickets! Anyone have thoughts? I have called SFX and the conversation was extremely frustrating. I completely accept the room and the size.. just need to make sure we can check in with no issues.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
I found this on Vidanta's website for a one bedroom loft in NV:

• Occupancy: 2 adults, 2 kids under 12 years old

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
I found this on Vidanta's website for a one bedroom loft in NV:

• Occupancy: 2 adults, 2 kids under 12 years old
I would call the resort, explain the situation, and ask for an exception.

The last thing you want to do is to get turned away at checkin; It probably would get resolved but would be much better to have resolved going in and certainly less nerve racking.

If they say no, then you now have a reason to call SFX and hopefully get transferred to a Grand Mayan 1 or 2 bedroom suite which in my opinion would be much better for your enjoyment.

Mike

Lisa8192

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you.. I do have the confirmation printed from SFX showing the 4 adults. But, yes.. I'm quite nervous about this whole thing and SFX was absolutely useless.

Lisa8192

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called.. I'm even more confused. They are saying there are two different types. One sleeps 4 adults and one sleeps 2 adults, 2 children and we are in the 4 adult. Yet, on their website there is only one type of one bedroom loft. I guess I'll just wait and see..

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
You could agree to go to a Sales Presentation for a Room upgrade to a 1 or 2 Bedroom.

rpennisi

Reaction score
If they told you there are units that sleeps 4 adults, then go with that. I doubt that NV will be fully booked.
If they refuse to "bracelet" all four of you, you could (since they and SFX said 4 adults) then tell them you would take a Grand Bliss unit that sleeps 4 adults and if need be a Grand Mayan that would sleep 4 adults.
I would also, regardless of what you get (if not GL) ask for bracelets to use all their facilities, GL on down.
Although it might be proposed, I would not do the presentation to get a larger unit. That should not be a requirement since printed SFX confirmation and your call to Vidanta said the unit has capacity for 4 adults.

mikenk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Luxxe Villa
I called.. I'm even more confused. They are saying there are two different types. One sleeps 4 adults and one sleeps 2 adults, 2 children and we are in the 4 adult. Yet, on their website there is only one type of one bedroom loft. I guess I'll just wait and see..

Who did you call? You probably will be fine if Vidanta Reservations told you that. I would make sure any paperwork you have from SFX or Vidanta has that clearly stated - and make sure you have that with you.

Mike

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
There are 2 different types of 1 BR lofts in Grand Luxxe Nuevo Vallarta, the studio ones, which will fit 2 adults + 2 children, and the 2-story 1 BR lofts, which will fit 4 adults. The latter are on the penthouse level of tower 5, while the former are on the levels below. You can find details on the latter on the Vidanta website, under “ROOMS & SUITES,” then “THE RESIDENCE.” The lofts in that level are in a higher tier than the studio ones.

Your best bet would be confirming that with SFX; if they’ve given you a confirmation that lists a capacity of 4 adults for a GL 1 BR loft, though, that should be it.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Didn’t notice you had already spoken with SFX about it; you should be able to find the other type on the Vidanta website to clarify it for you per my prior post. Have a great time down there!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi Lisa 8192,
I am adding this so you 4 can enjoy yourself if you decide to leave the resort

The easiest way to go off resort is :
to walk the beach ( entering near the Grand Mayans & sea turtle hatchery) for about 1200 feet and then exit the beach near the Vidanta Sea Garden .
From the Sea Garden driveway you can see an OXXO convenience store . Across the street from it is a bus stop where you can catch busses into
PV or go to Buscarias . I believe the bus line is ATM and the busses are grey . There are also walk to restaurants in the vicinity ( Nuevo Marina area )

The Sea Garden bell staff or front desk can explain how to use .( and you can find more local info in prior Mexican forum posts )

Have fun .

Lisa8192

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Lisa 8192,
I am adding this so you 4 can enjoy yourself if you decide to leave the resort

The easiest way to go off resort is :
to walk the beach ( entering near the Grand Mayans & sea turtle hatchery) for about 1200 feet and then exit the beach near the Vidanta Sea Garden .
From the Sea Garden driveway you can see an OXXO convenience store . Across the street from it is a bus stop where you can catch busses into
PV or go to Buscarias . I believe the bus line is ATM and the busses are grey . There are also walk to restaurants in the vicinity ( Nuevo Marina area )

The Sea Garden bell staff or front desk can explain how to use .( and you can find more local info in prior Mexican forum posts )

Have fun .

Thank you so much! Can’t wait for this trip. I contacted the concierge at Luxxe and he confirmed our room and said most families staying in this room don’t have any problems. I just didn’t want any surprises at check in. Thanks for all the responses! I’m also passing on the presentation.. not worth giving up a half a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've never had SFX screw up on a room count, so I'm going to say 99.9% you'll be fine. The Vidanta website is tricky sometimes, especially with all the new/various "lofts" they have up there.

SFX *used* to have the confirmation emails contain the confirmation # that you could call (I always emailed the concierge email at RM or Nuevo) to confirm.

But now they just give the generic type email (no confirmation).

You could/should be able to email the Concierge (or apparently that is now the customer service email) at Vidanta and attach the SFX Confirmation email as well.
State in clear terms that your SFX Confirmation says 4 Adults, and you want to make sure you are in the 4 Adult room/building/whatever.

Lisa8192

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies and information! We are here now.. SFX, had me confirmed in the one bedroom studio loft.. but we are actually in the one bedroom loft. It’s incredible! Still just the one bedroom.. but I think we can make it work! This is probably the most beautiful accommodations I’ve ever stayed in.. its two story but the ceiling is higher than my great room at home. Really beautiful. Going to follow the instructions on getting off the property tonight. They definitely don’t make it easy! Although I could easily spend a week at the pool on our tower 5 roof. Gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
So glad things worked out for you! We loved our trade into a 3BR Spa suite last year and are looking forward to going back twice next year! The resort is really stunning. Enjoy!