• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe NV 3 bedroom to 4 bedroom upgrade question

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
How did you get a GL loft via II? Was it a special request?
Thanks
Vidanta did a bulk deposit with II...lofts in NV as well as RM.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Just did an update in NV; bldg 5B PH is supposed to be 1BR 2-story lofts, for a total of 20 of them between 5A & 5B. Those weeks will internally exchange for 2BR Luxxe Spa, Villa or suite units, 2 for one of the 1-story 1 BR lofts in NV bldg 5, or anything in GM, GB, or MP. They’re being sold as 2 registered weeks for 10 yrs, 2 residence weeks for 100 years w/10-yr renewals, and 2 privilege weeks. Seem to be nice units with great views, but the bldg was closed for some work; they showed us a 3BR loft and explained that the furnishings are essentially the same and the layout is like the 2 or 3 BR lofts, but narrower and with the master BR upstairs. Pool on the deck is circular and a bit smaller than in the other luxxe units.

They’re also marketing park benefits for the upcoming Cirque park; there are several levels available that give you access to a VIP entrance to be reached via train leaving from bldg 5 rather than having to exit Vidanta and go to the park entrance. You could select either a 2-day, 3-day or 4-day for the price of 1-day park access at the different levels for progressively higher cost, of course. The higher levels also include options for internal exchanges to park units, which will be managed by Cirque rather than Vidanta, but look similar to GM or GB to me.

Think they’ve changed the former plans for luxxe towers 6-9 in favor of permanent homes (non-TS). They discussed them as being park estates or something like that and said there would be ~120 of them, I believe.

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just did an update in NV; bldg 5B PH is supposed to be 1BR 2-story lofts, for a total of 20 of them between 5A & 5B. Those weeks will internally exchange for 2BR Luxxe Spa, Villa or suite units, 2 for one of the 1-story 1 BR lofts in NV bldg 5, or anything in GM, GB, or MP. They’re being sold as 2 registered weeks for 10 yrs, 2 residence weeks for 100 years w/10-yr renewals, and 2 privilege weeks. Seem to be nice units with great views, but the bldg was closed for some work; they showed us a 3BR loft and explained that the furnishings are essentially the same and the layout is like the 2 or 3 BR lofts, but narrower and with the master BR upstairs. Pool on the deck is circular and a bit smaller than in the other luxxe units.

They’re also marketing park benefits for the upcoming Cirque park; there are several levels available that give you access to a VIP entrance to be reached via train leaving from bldg 5 rather than having to exit Vidanta and go to the park entrance. You could select either a 2-day, 3-day or 4-day for the price of 1-day park access at the different levels for progressively higher cost, of course. The higher levels also include options for internal exchanges to park units, which will be managed by Cirque rather than Vidanta, but look similar to GM or GB to me.

Think they’ve changed the former plans for luxxe towers 6-9 in favor of permanent homes (non-TS). They discussed them as being park estates or something like that and said there would be ~120 of them, I believe.

Thank you for the update. What are "privilege weeks"? What does "2 for 1" on the one story lofts mean? Also, did they mention how much they are selling the 1 bedroom 2-level lofts for?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
You can use 1 week of a PH loft to get 2 weeks of a 1-story loft or 2 1-story lifts for one week. Think they started out at $323K, but came down a lot for “TS trade in credits,” etc., and equity credit. Not sure of bottom line, but some folks we met upgraded from 2BR spa.

A couple other benefits they mentioned were the ability to use shuttles directly from bldg 5 instead of typical routes and pre-arrival shopping for something like a $35 fee. The PH lifts have a washer/dryer in the unit, too, similar to the 2BR & 3BR lofts. We’re in a 2BR spa this week in tower 4 on an exchange and the laundry is separate on each floor for 100 pesos, I think it is. They indicated that the PH lofts are residence-level units like the 4BR ones, which have similar benefits; not sure about what the cut-off level for that is, though.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
We’re in a 2BR spa this week in tower 4 on an exchange and the laundry is separate on each floor for 100 pesos, I think it is.

It is 100 pesos...we're in tower 4 and just did laundry this morning.

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is 100 pesos...we're in tower 4 and just did laundry this morning.

What are the spa units like? What floor are you on? What is your view? How big is your deck? How do you like the unit?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
4th floor; they’re quite large & well appointed. Deck is about 25 ft out; plunge pool will fit 4-6 comfortably. We’re on the river side; view to the mountains behind Puerto is good. We like the unit a lot; ours is a 2BR that can’t be licked off. All units in this tower above the 3rd floor are 2&3BR spas; 3BR ones are at the ends; 2BR in the middle. 3rd floor is lofts and below that suites.

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
4th floor; they’re quite large & well appointed. Deck is about 25 ft out; plunge pool will fit 4-6 comfortably. We’re on the river side; view to the mountains behind Puerto is good. We like the unit a lot; ours is a 2BR that can’t be licked off. All units in this tower above the 3rd floor are 2&3BR spas; 3BR ones are at the ends; 2BR in the middle. 3rd floor is lofts and below that suites.

Wow, sounds really nice. What is on the penthouse level of Towers 3 and 4. Are they spa units too?

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score

Are they selling the Park benefits as an add-on? Did they offer different packages? I have been really confused by what they are selling. They offered us VIP entrance and 10% off tickets for $2200 but it was not clear to me what they were really selling so we declined. Are you about to provide more details about what they described to you regarding the theme park packages, what's included and pricing?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Can send you a picture of the sheet w/details if you PM your email address; took one w/my phone when they were talking to me.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Vidanta just dumped tons of 4BRs starting at the end of this month and going through the end of next year (or beyond). Snagged 2 consecutive weeks for next year...

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
I confirmed a 4BR in Grand Luxxe NV with a Unit Code of ZZZ4R. Which tower will we likely end up at?

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I confirmed a 4BR in Grand Luxxe NV with a Unit Code of ZZZ4R. Which tower will we likely end up at?
I was told all 4BRs are in the Residence (the building between 4 and 5 -- same building as the golf shop).

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
What are the spa units like? What floor are you on? What is your view? How big is your deck? How do you like the unit?
Phenomenonal! 4th floor...4 and 9 have extended balconies (so it's huge). Although the massage room is wasted room for us. It's the 3rd time we've been in one and we haven't taken advantage of the room. Have a view overlooking the new executive golf course (and an view of the ocean between La Plaza and building 2 as well as La Plaza and the Grand Bliss). To quote my friends "this doesn't suck".

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Are they selling the Park benefits as an add-on? Did they offer different packages? I have been really confused by what they are selling. They offered us VIP entrance and 10% off tickets for $2200 but it was not clear to me what they were really selling so we declined. Are you about to provide more details about what they described to you regarding the theme park packages, what's included and pricing?

I am sure Vidanta will have ,many, many -mucho- versions of addendums for access to The Park . Then there will be all the OPC deals all over PV/ NV if someone from any other resort
will sign up for a TS sales presentation .

I believe the train / shuttle directly into The Park from Grand Luxxe B-5 is shown on the
large wall map near the elevator that goes to the sales closing floor in the Grand Bliss . I think the map is on the model suites floor .

Last edited:

Hankmoon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a photo of the large wall map that shows where the train/shuttle will be near Tower 5 that goes to the theme park? Will this create a lot of noise and congestion for Tower 5 guests?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Does anyone have a photo of the large wall map that shows where the train/shuttle will be near Tower 5 that goes to the theme park? Will this create a lot of noise and congestion for Tower 5 guests?

The wall map is at least 3 years old . It is the painted " conceptual " map that was done when Vidanta started selling Cascades & Kingdom of the Sun after the announcement of the Cirque theme park .

I believe the route will be underground or below grade . It could be an actual train or it could be shuttles like the existing ones used on the Nuevo property .

RE: Congestion
I believe it is ( likely) Grand Luxe access only . Similar to the pools .
( ie - another selling tool / owner benefit - IF you upgrade from a lower brand to GL )
OR if an exchanger into Grand Luxxe - useable - if you agree to go to a presentation .(IMO)

FYI - Vidanta management has a fascination with using ( or attempting to use) trains on the Nuevo property .

Last edited:

hellolani

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am now kicking myself for not getting EPlus. I will be self flagellating about this for the next 2 years.

radley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also managed to get a 4 bed and the code is ZZZ4R. Any idea what I have? Is this a Loft unit?

And I've been checking II daily but thanks for the prompt to check.

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
I also managed to get a 4 bed and the code is ZZZ4R. Any idea what I have? Is this a Loft unit?

And I've been checking II daily but thanks for the prompt to check.
[Edited with updated/more accurate info] I just talked with concierge. It will be in the Residence Tower. They are not lofts. Each floor of the Residence building has two 4 bedroom units. Apparently, the elevators take you directly to your room. Should be an awesome experience.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The wall map is at least 3 years old . It is the painted " conceptual " map that was done when Vidanta started selling Cascades & Kingdom of the Sun after the announcement of the Cirque theme park .

I believe the route will be underground or below grade . It could be an actual train or it could be shuttles like the existing ones used on the Nuevo property .

RE: Congestion
I believe it is ( likely) Grand Luxe access only . Similar to the pools .
( ie - another selling tool / owner benefit - IF you upgrade from a lower brand to GL )
OR if an exchanger into Grand Luxxe - useable - if you agree to go to a presentation .(IMO)

FYI - Vidanta management has a fascination with using ( or attempting to use) trains on the Nuevo property .

Actually, GM & GB are eligible to buy the entertainment plus package, which includes the train/VIP entrance. They said only 120 will be sold of each tier (there are 4 tiers and the highest one is already sold out). The middle 2 tiers are GL only.

radley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Nitemaire. Do you know how the GL loft units are designated on the II info? I am in the UK and the II callcenter staff have been great but they don't know how to distinguish a Loft unit from the usual Suite.

Thanks again

NiteMaire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Thanks for the info Nitemaire. Do you know how the GL loft units are designated on the II info? I am in the UK and the II callcenter staff have been great but they don't know how to distinguish a Loft unit from the usual Suite.

Thanks again
You could check if it has an oven. Lofts have ovens. Also, you could ask II for the room code. If it's something like UUU2L and has an oven, I'd put my money on a loft.

UUU2L is a 2BR loft. 3S landed me in a 3BR spa (twice). MSUITE landed me in a 2BR spa each time, but i believe it was an upgrade.