• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe NV question

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We are going in March for an interval trade with our Hyatt property staying in a studio. Does anyone know where the studios are located? It says occupancy 2, limited kitchen.
Also are there any hot tubs close to the pools anywhere on property? Are the pools well heated? We love our hot tubs. How good is swimming at the beach? Thanks in advance .

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I was waiting for someone who knows about Studios to answer because we always stay in a 2-bedroom unit. We only stayed in a Studio once and it was 15+ years ago in Acapulco at the Mayan Place. I have no idea as Studios are sometimes the lock-off of a larger unit, so could be in any building and many only have a coffeemaker and small dorm size refrigerator. Some do have a small microwave too. There are some Studio Loft units in buildings 3, 4, and 5.

I am not a fan of communal hot tubs, so I have not checked this out. The only hot tubs that I am aware of are at the spas. These are just off the men's and women's locker rooms. The pools at the Grand Luxxe in NV are somewhat heated - it was warmer than the Mayan Palace and Grand Luxxe pools. There area some areas that look like they have jets and benches in them, but in years past, they were not hot tubs.

We do not swim in the ocean much anymore - we tend to just walk along the beach. The Grand Luxxe is built along the south end of the property along the river, so depending on the condition of the river and how much reain there has been, there could be muddy water feeding into the ocean. Further north on the grounds towards the Grand Mayan beach area, the water looks better and we saw quite a few people swimming in November. The best beach we have been to recently in Banderas Bay was not far from Punta de Mita. We did a day trip to Rancho Banderas Resort in November. The water was crystal clear. Our friends and family spent a lot of time in the water there.

Sorry I was not much help - maybe someone who has stayed in a studio will answer. Do a search for Grand Luxxe Studio units and you will see the comments that are in some other Grand Luxxe posts.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was waiting for someone who knows about Studios to answer because we always stay in a 2-bedroom unit. We only stayed in a Studio once and it was 15+ years ago in Acapulco at the Mayan Place. I have no idea as Studios are sometimes the lock-off of a larger unit, so could be in any building and many only have a coffeemaker and small dorm size refrigerator. Some do have a small microwave too. There are some Studio Loft units in buildings 3, 4, and 5.

I am not a fan of communal hot tubs, so I have not checked this out. The only hot tubs that I am aware of are at the spas. These are just off the men's and women's locker rooms. The pools at the Grand Luxxe in NV are somewhat heated - it was warmer than the Mayan Palace and Grand Luxxe pools. There area some areas that look like they have jets and benches in them, but in years past, they were not hot tubs.

We do not swim in the ocean much anymore - we tend to just walk along the beach. The Grand Luxxe is built along the south end of the property along the river, so depending on the condition of the river and how much reain there has been, there could be muddy water feeding into the ocean. Further north on the grounds towards the Grand Mayan beach area, the water looks better and we saw quite a few people swimming in November. The best beach we have been to recently in Banderas Bay was not far from Punta de Mita. We did a day trip to Rancho Banderas Resort in November. The water was crystal clear. Our friends and family spent a lot of time in the water there.

Sorry I was not much help - maybe someone who has stayed in a studio will answer. Do a search for Grand Luxxe Studio units and you will see the comments that are in some other Grand Luxxe posts.
Thank you so much for your thoughtful response. I appreciate all the info

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I’m not in interval, so am not really sure what the studio corresponds to at GL, but based on the limited kitchen, I suspect it’s either a junior Villa or a one bedroom loft (not the GL Residence one bedroom loft; there’s a difference). If it’s a junior villa, it would be in building 1, 2 or the lower floors of 3 or 4. If it’s a loft, it would be in building 5. You could always call Vidanta customer service and ask.

The other possibility would be the lockout from a GL suite, but I don’t think they have kitchens. The kitchen in the junior villa is quite limited, think it’s just a small fridge, coffee maker and microwave, but am not positive.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Eric!

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Three types of GL "studio" with kitchenette description:
  • Loft in Tower 5: sink, microwave, 2-burner stove, blender, toaster
  • Junior Villa: small sink, no stove, microwave
  • Master room: no sink, no stove, no microwave
All has Nespresso machine and small fridge.

Loft kitchenette:
y4mlruxMPJReaHUazAOEzdTD-t1CfbUDjV4e_7yxl8wIzYSiykj9JiSPHuGaIOsEflUd9ZQcz4MOcUUfD0RANVYWjGZiWRB39IuuytzO7zEQA0jbinq5OE6w6LXH9aqqU7WC4_xNVFZhb0_k80rvshczoXqpdUJ3R8gbDPhS4ONi7Pp04m4jrgZNPaQuzEJt5sbCRZgarB-etraNKxXTuts5A

Junior Villa kitchenette:
y4mMV62TkFB68_N9wAC2GmL_6pXp5PjGREwt65GPDCwarThCF4fH_dY_8Xi9wHL1cSrou0Bew_DUpBJq74egv4YIkL2eW3m7WLirF3B2PleDXmiWlkoPE12bNjdx1ZoeCrrE59O0sqVB1H9dICmq6n88CyYSfDkD0CdjQfF533jXGKOEUQWECMtdhrri2VIxzJQBgTlaKzbPRvKQGn3oogZMA

Master room kitchenette:
y4mGnKGHmXOPPIXu5m8eY5nmK5xadAlblL_CONIm5cRi8ntW1Npu57ocDhXtI2q5vCJVJcSygaZN1drvTYGCnTK2D5fkJzVsxR9_0xD9yd01pxhbKzzRJpjDjdL6ZXaxz0odduI5L0YTzMrr2he1lQBP9PC1djx_VGI-Ktfg9KUU1MQfG6LacdiHcdNYxXmdw-yec7toZsLE9VRguaI8yWaKA

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great thank you. We almost switched to an April week, last night as we found some 1 bedrooms but decided to just keep what we have . I'm sure we will be fine with the multitude of restaurant choices

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I was waiting for someone who knows about Studios to answer because we always stay in a 2-bedroom at the Mayan ....as Studios are sometimes the lock-off of a larger unit.

Hi All -
As an FYI - Vidanta seems to be in the process of upgrading many (or possible all) - “hotel room - lock off -master rooms “ to having a coffee maker and small bar fridge ( may be located behind a door in the dresser)

< Phyllis - I remember you posting this about the lock-off side of your recent Grand Mayan NV exchange >

We are at Mayan Palace PV - Marina in a 2 bedroom via RCI . The lock-off side has a coffee maker and small bar fridge ( in the dresser ) . The front desk mgr. said all the lock-off - hotel rooms at MP-PV -Marina , now had this ; and it was making exchangers (and owners) happier and her job better .

The bathrooms are being upgraded to walk in style . The one on the 1 bedroom suite side is larger than the shower in the lock- off side .( not sure if all units are done , as we are in the building with the front desk and full size balconies ) **

Last week we were at the NV Sea Garden . I spoke to a couple who exchanged into a SG “ hotel room” and were pleasantly surprised to get a king size bed , coffee maker and small
bar fridge .( I believe some SG-NV hotel rooms are done this way but certainly not all )

PS- Pianoetudes - thanks for posting the pictures .
The MP- lock off fridge seems to be about half that size ( to fit in the dresser ) The fridge is the MP kitchenette -one bedroom suite appears to be the same size as your pictures .

** added - I spoke to an employee with knowledge :who said some of the bathrooms ( in building with the front desk ) were changed over to walk in showers for 2018 and they plan to finish that building for 2019 and then start on the building closer to the beach . Since MP - PV- Marina was only closed for 1 month last fall for maintainence ; this makes sense )

Last edited: