• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe NV

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Ok fair enough. I've never analyzed it before, but what reasons could cause a resort to do this? Just trying to avoid booking a huge vacation and showing up to restaurants closed and 100 tractors everywhere. I'm probably just paranoid.
Reasons: $$$ and availability.

It's a marketing week. They want you to enjoy it (and you will) so you can buy from them. The accommodations are by far the best I've ever stayed in (been in 1, 2, and 3BR). Would love to own here, but won't pay what it takes (GL)...especially as long as they keep dumping weeks. I've exchanged 6 times since 2015 and I have another 2 consecutive weeks next year.

FWIW, several folks I met this year exchanged into the Residence (one with a Grand Bliss trade).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I see a ton of availability next April/May on II. Seeing this is still basically high season, anyone have a clue what is going on? I'd like to exchange, but worried there is some massive construction project starting so owners are dumping for the year. I haven't been in a few years, and I know the construction never ends, but do you think it's an annoyance anymore? Looking to stay in Residences building.
Thanks!

April onward is not really snowbird season & Easter Sunday is April 1 2018 so Mexican Holiday Weeks are over April 8 .
- so these are developer deposits.

Vidanta is Building the NV theme park - and uses TS sales revenue to fund growth .
Exchangers are one of the sources for sales.

Last edited:

rpennisi

Reaction score
I agree Tom. Empty rooms bring in no revenue. Exchangers pay to get in (I wonder how much they get from II, etc. for the exchanges? Never saw that on any threads.). Some percentage will buy when exchanging and all will probably eat most of their meals on site since it is so hard to get off the NV complex. The new $11 per person per day is a revenue stream as well.
We have a one bedroom GL suite for January 2019. Last time we stayed at a GL in NV was 2012 and there was only the Punta and GL1. This January we will be at the Grand Mayan, and it will be interesting to see how far along all the building has progressed since then.

seagila

TUG Member
Reaction score
Had a wonderful week in a 4br in The Residences (the elevator to our unit breaking down a few times, notwithstanding) and am continuing to enjoy the resort in a 3br Presidential Suite in the Punta Tower. While the accommodations at The Residences was quite remarkable, the location of Punta Tower allows for easier access to the other resorts and buildings by foot. We also found the Punta Pool to be our favorite during this visit, so now we only need to walk down from our room to the pool vs taking the shuttle from The Residences. It is disappointing that we're unable to use the lazy river during this visit due to maintenance they're doing. The lazy river is emptied of water and they're doing some tile work at various points of Rio Lento.

We were also fortunate to only wait about an hour to switch rooms. Checked out around 10:45 am at The Residences. Requested an earlier check-in than 5 pm at Punta Tower. We barely sat at the Tower 1 lobby when Front Desk staff informed us our room was ready around 11:45 am. That's a little over 5 hours before official check in. :whooopie:

The concierge at The Residences did say that Punta Tower was being converted to be used as a hotel only and will not be used to house timeshare guests in the near future. He also said that when it happens, Punta will be managed by a different company separate from Vidanta. Not certain of the veracity of such information, and if true, what the timeline would be. Hoping that if it were true, Punta Pool would still be accessible to Grand Luxxe guests.

Really enjoying this initial visit. We hope to visit the resort again in the coming years.

Luckytimer

Reaction score
Had a wonderful week in a 4br in The Residences (the elevator to our unit breaking down a few times, notwithstanding) and am continuing to enjoy the resort in a 3br Presidential Suite in the Punta Tower. While the accommodations at The Residences was quite remarkable, the location of Punta Tower allows for easier access to the other resorts and buildings by foot. We also found the Punta Pool to be our favorite during this visit, so now we only need to walk down from our room to the pool vs taking the shuttle from The Residences. It is disappointing that we're unable to use the lazy river during this visit due to maintenance they're doing. The lazy river is emptied of water and they're doing some tile work at various points of Rio Lento.

We were also fortunate to only wait about an hour to switch rooms. Checked out around 10:45 am at The Residences. Requested an earlier check-in than 5 pm at Punta Tower. We barely sat at the Tower 1 lobby when Front Desk staff informed us our room was ready around 11:45 am. That's a little over 5 hours before official check in. :whooopie:

The concierge at The Residences did say that Punta Tower was being converted to be used as a hotel only and will not be used to house timeshare guests in the near future. He also said that when it happens, Punta will be managed by a different company separate from Vidanta. Not certain of the veracity of such information, and if true, what the timeline would be. Hoping that if it were true, Punta Pool would still be accessible to Grand Luxxe guests.

Really enjoying this initial visit. We hope to visit the resort again in the coming years.

Still problems with the elevators in GLuxxe Residence in October????? We had two weeks booked there Sept 22 to Oct 6 in a 4 bedroom residence and the elevator never worked from day one! Never stepped foot in it. Huge problem for us as my husband has ALS and required the use of the elevator. We had to use the service elevator until it broke down. Kept hearing tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow. We checked in Friday and by Sunday afternoon, we had enough. We demanded to be switched. One day my husband could not leave the villa at all for dinner or enjoying the grounds or by the pools because the service elevator kept breaking down so did not know if he could get back into villa once we left. He had to be carried down 5 flights of stairs when we were transferred into Grand Luxxe in 50 degree weather (back hall, humidity etc) I was so afraid they were going to drop him. It was a man and a WOMAN carrying him down.

Now you say the elevators are still not working great? Unbelievable.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Looks like the post by Seagila was on October 10, 4 days after you left, not right now.

Luckytimer

Reaction score
Looks like the post by Seagila was on October 10, 4 days after you left, not right now.

true enough, but we transferred out Sept 24 and the elevators were supposed to be FIXED, so having problems still up to/including October 10 is nonsense. The GLuxxe Residence is their money maker and to have these types of problems is not acceptable.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Totally agree that it’s not acceptable. Not sure it’s really their money maker in September or October, though it is their prestige product. I got in a GL Spa that month through RCI Platinum very inexpensively, ~500 RCI points plus an exchange fee, and heard an awful lot of people getting in easily through II. It would have cost me more, and probably makes them more, to stay in a lower tier spot at least for that month. Seemed like a loss-leader then, to me, made available that way for marketing. Not great marketing if the elevators don’t work, though.

They do charge a lot more for those ones if you buy, but you get what you pay for (usually). I’d be much more shocked to hear this happening in their high season when they’re getting full fare for the rooms.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
There were a number of GL loft units in RCI platinum priority access for September-November sometime in July-August this year. I think you can get a loft through SFX or the Registry Collection as well. Not sure how else, but it's possible depending on when you want to get here. There were also some 4 BR units on RCI platinum around the same time; none there right now, though.

I have a registry collection account and GL shows as registry inventory. on both of my other RCI accounts GL does not show.

I don't have platinum for what its worth.