• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe promotional offer

mosab

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're at the GM in Puerto Penasco currently and had the famous owners update. During the talk they talked us into a new contract which they said would eliminate any transfer fees. We already had no TF fees to transfer to family. We did increase in Grand Luxxe from 2 wks to 4 wks, & dropping any transfer fees, except for closing cost. I looked over our old contract, but didn't see a specific transfer fee listed. Though the rep said it was 5 x the MFx2. We would also give up 1/2 golf & 2 for 1 passes to H2O park, once it's completed. Under new contract we pay 2x MF every 10yrs. Since our kids r not on the contract I'm not sure they could hold our estate to pay transfer fees as they implied! Any wisdom would be appropriated.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
When did you get your old contract? Was it a 25 year renewal one or a 10 year one? The transfer fee info would have been in the clause on assignment. You should look closely at the new ones to be sure they say what they told you.

In any case, I would contact member services and tell them that I plan on rescinding if they don’t restore the golf and H2O park privileges; they’ll likely negotiate that.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
the famous owners update. ...During the talk they talked us into a new contract which they said would eliminate any transfer fees. We already had no TF fees to transfer to family. We did increase in Grand Luxxe from 2 wks to 4 wks, & dropping any transfer fees, except for closing cost. I looked over our old contract, but didn't see a specific transfer fee listed. Though the rep said it was 5 x the MFx2. We would also give up 1/2 golf & 2 for 1 passes to H2O park, once it's completed. Under new contract we pay 2x MF every 10yrs. Since our kids r not on the contract I'm not sure they could hold our estate to pay transfer fees as they implied! Any wisdom would be appropriated.

1) heirs are never required to accept any timeshares/ even if in will
Lots of info on TUG on this topic .

2) I believe if you read contracts (old & new) ONLY the registered week ( first 10 years) can be transferred outside family . **

3) If you want more weeks at Vidanta - Eric B a GL owner has posted lots of information on exchange access for non peak season .

4) If you use weeks to stay at the GM - Puerto Penasco ( etc) - does the contract give you the lower
Grand Mayan usage cost ?

**. I believe this is the 2nd TUG post on this - “ no transfer fee / new contract “ concept .
IF - it is only the first 10 year contract that Vidanta allows to be transferred outside family / is there
much resale value in this . AND - if you have “ pay on use only” - why would you need to sell it anyway?.

Grand Luxxe owners may be able to add to this . I am a Mayan Palace owner , with the older format
25 year renewal contract . What I have posted has been learned reading TUG .

Last edited:

mosab

TUG Member
Reaction score
When did you get your old contract? Was it a 25 year renewal one or a 10 year one? The transfer fee info would have been in the clause on assignment. You should look closely at the new ones to be sure they say what they told you.

In any case, I would contact member services and tell them that I plan on rescinding if they don’t restore the golf and H2O park privileges; they’ll likely negotiate that.
The old contract was for 10yrs & the new one is also. Thanks for your reply.

mosab

TUG Member
Reaction score
The old contract was written Nov.of 17. We pay the MF of the unit we book into. Thanks, I'll go BK and look for Eric's previous posts.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
The old contract was written Nov.of 17. We pay the MF of the unit we book into. Thanks, I'll go BK and look for Eric's previous posts.

Hi mosab ,
I just noticed you live in Mesa Arizona - so Puerto Penasco is a drive to location for you .

If you re- engage sales -I would also have specifics (added) in the contract for Mayan Palace PP use.
cost per week for studio / 1 bedroom / 2 bedroom - peak summer season and off season ( Sept - March )

Mayan Palace contracts in Peurto Penasco have been sold in the past with split week usage available ( not sure if for peak or just other seasons)
ie you could pay one MF / usage fee and use on 2 weekends - 3 day & 4 day .

As an FYI - my Mayan Palace one bedroom ( 2006 contract) has a 2018 MF of just under $ 740 .
there is an extra MF due every 5 years on these older contracts so my net average is currently $ 890 .

so my concept would be pay one Grand Luxxe MF and get 2-3 weeks at MP / split- able off season into 4-6 long weekends ./ or similar .

Last edited:

mosab

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post, our old contract has the split week options, we'll be meeting with the rep. @ 2pm tomorrow to cancel the new contract. Couldn't meet today 'cause of rain. Vidanta didn't bring the sales people in today because of TS Rosa.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Thanks for the post, our old contract has the split week options, we'll be meeting with the rep. @ 2pm tomorrow to cancel the new contract. Couldn't meet today 'cause of rain. Vidanta didn't bring the sales people in today because of TS Rosa.

I would skip any drives into town .

We were at MP in Oct 2014 when a tropical storm went between Phoenix & Tuscon ( latter than Odile & Norbert)
Coming in on Thursday there were just a few spots where 4 inches of water was on the road to town / not too bad driving . The weather was great the whole week .

On Monday or Tuesday about 5 pm we decided to go to PP , have diner & maybe buy some shrimp in town . Water had risen and the sides of the road were washed away - but under water in some low areas .
Anyway we had to get the rental car pulled out by the Puerto Penasco Bomberos . Flat tire & a damaged tie rod & assembly .
I asked one fireman who spoke English why the water was rising mid -week . He said " it was "gringo water" flowing south / not Mexican rain water ".
I laughed with him.

We were not the only folks getting stuck .
Everyone helped everyone . Mexicans really have a community spirit when it is needed .

We had a great week .

The Vidanta buses brought staff in and out through the water
& pickups etc were fine .

The car was flat-bedded into PP & repaired
If you or anyone need a tow -
Gruas Richie
Calle 26 Puerto Penasco MX
Juan ,Everardo & Gerardo Ledezma & family

paid - in a mixture of USD & Pesos in their house
which is also the home of the business .

Nice People

Last edited:

mosab

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're staying put and watching the rain event and unfortunately the workers hustling to keep the water at Bay. There are a # of 1st floor rooms in the Mayan with water coming in under the door and roof leaks in the the lobby as well as the Bakal restaurant. A # of workers are staying at the resort and not going home tonight.