• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Luxxe Riviera Maya pool for owners only

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I called and confirmed what everyone said here. Decided to cancel since we can't use GL pool and beach club. Disappointed bc we were so looking forward to the beach club.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
It will be interesting to see how long the policy lasts. We'll be heading to NV in the summer and haven't heard of similar restrictions there, but there seems to be much more exchange availability there than in RM. They must not be too concerned about their occupancy rate at present.

Flasher42

Reaction score
I thought the only restriction was the Luxxe pool and Ready made burger ?
But Will have access to beach club?
Has anyone tried to barter doing the presentation in exchange for full access?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
They've got signs up saying the Beach Club is members only now, too. That's for both GB & GL, of course. A number of folks here now that aren't owners did successfully barter access for doing the presentation; that seems to be a fairly standard offer now since the folks we met that did it had never been here before and didn't know about it before coming.

Flasher42

Reaction score
It would be nice to hear from someone that actually has done it.
Where have you retarded into?

RLS50

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have decided to change our plans and cancel our trip to Grand Luxxe Jungle Riviera Maya. The new $30 per person per day fee already seemed excessive, but then on top of that to still be potentially restricted from 2 of the best pools and one of the most popular restaurants? That just doesn't sit well with me. We were just looking for a relaxing week away. I don't want to have to worry about haggling over pool access and amenity fee refunds in return for wasting at least half a day to do a sales presentation.

I think we are just going to go to WLR, where we can enjoy access to anywhere we want and know we won't have to deal with the gimmicks.

Eric B. I appreciate the updates you provided. They were very helpful.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
They've got signs up saying the Beach Club is members only now, too. That's for both GB & GL, of course. A number of folks here now that aren't owners did successfully barter access for doing the presentation; that seems to be a fairly standard offer now since the folks we met that did it had never been here before and didn't know about it before coming.

Wow. Guess they really want you to own then. Will definitely consider going elsewhere from now on, unless they reverse their policy. No way in Hell I'm sitting through another 4+ hour presentation to get yelled at when saying no.

Al D

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't see this covered. If we own at GL and let our friends use our week, will we have access to all? Or will they put us in the exchanger category?

pianoetudes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Vidanta Grand Luxxe

Do you mind posting photo of the sign? Just curious how it says.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Will do next time I’m over there. It’s an add on to the existing sign saying “with Membership” below Grand Bliss. Made me curious given the changes at the GL pool and Custom Burger, so we asked the concierge there. TravelTime confirmed with them by phone.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I didn't see this covered. If we own at GL and let our friends use our week, will we have access to all? Or will they put us in the exchanger category?

If you let your friends use your week, they should have access because they aren’t exchanging in.

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Sunset Harbor
We exchanged into Grand Luxxe 2 weeks ago and had no problem accessing the beach club. The sign we saw at the beach club mentioned that Grand Bliss use of beach club was restricted to owners. Didn’t mention Grand Luxxe. Did they really change the rules again?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Did you reserve a cabana at the beach club? How much was it?

We did not. If I remember correctly, the cabanas were$250 per day and included lunch for 4, 1 bottle of liquor from a list and one 30 minute massage. Things change constantly so the deal may be different this week. I would email before you go.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Based on the posted picture, I agree with Lingber’s interpretation of the beach club sign, all GL guests can use, but only owners at GB can use.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Based on the posted picture, I agree with Lingber’s interpretation of the beach club sign, all GL guests can use, but only owners at GB can use.
What post # was the photo of the sign posted in? I can't seem to find a photo

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

That would have been my interpretation, but I asked the Beach Club rep at the check in desk and they said it’s only owners of GL & GB. I can’t confirm any further than that because I didn’t see them turn anyone away.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have an upcoming exchange to GL. What’s the point then, of exchanging into it and paying $30 pppd x 7 = $420 for a resort fee if I can’t use either of the exclusive amenities for the section I’m staying in?! Sounds like I may need to EPlus out of there.

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I also think it depends who you talk to as the people working there don’t always have accurate info. When we checked in at the front desk in the lobby of GL the guy told us my husband couldn’t use the GL gym. But I had emailed a few days before arrival and had in writing that he could. I asked for a manager and then was told he made a mistake, it was only the spa that was off limits unless you had a treatment booked. No one ever questioned my husband and he used the gym each day. We were there on an exchange 3 weeks ago and used the Beach Club everyday. My suggestion is to email the concierge and see what they say if you are concerned. But be advised, they do change the rules frequently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone has successfully either:
1) Challenged Vidanta by saying that their guest confirmations don't state these limitations
and/or
2) Called RCI/II/SFX and demanded some sort of compensation/reimbursement for the unadvertised "no soup for you" stuff.