• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand Pacific Resorts - Legacy Preferred VIP Plan

Ddee555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn; San Clemente Cove, Coronado Beach Resort; Gaslamp Plaza Suites; Royal Aloha Vacation Club (RAVC)
I checked the forum and did not see any info on this, so I am making this post so people are aware of these benefits.

If you own three weeks or more in any combination with these Legacy* resorts managed by Grand Pacific Resorts, you are entitled to the following ownership benefits as part of the Legacy Preferred VIP Plan:

(*Legacy resorts are: Carlsbad Inn, Coronado Beach Resort, San Clemente Cove, Southern California Beach Club, and Villa L'Auberge)

* exchange into select resorts without daily resort fees

* upgrade your unit 30 days prior to check in based on availability with no additional cost

* $79 exchange fee through GPX (internal exchange program)

* deposit your week with GPX the day it starts with no fee or penalty

* enjoy 20% off select bonus weeks

* 10% off bonus time rates

NOTE: To take advantage of any of these benefits, such as the $79 exchange fee and discounted bonus weeks, etc., you need to call in to GPX. Also, for the 10% off bonus time, you need to call GPX and not your home resort.

NOTE: Double-check on the no daily resort fees on exchanges. I think it applies to all GPR-managed resorts and not simply the Legacy resorts, but I could be mistaken.

Also, I wanted to share that all GPR owners can deposit third-party intervals into GPX so long as they own at least one GPR managed resort. I recently discovered this owner benefit, as I really dislike using RCI for my non-GPR managed timeshares. So, now, I am using Hawaii Timeshare Exchange (HTSE) and GPX exclusively for my exchange needs and it is working out well for my needs.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I think I’ve seen this info before but it’s useful to post it.

I own Seapointe and Carlsbad Inn but not in the market for a third currently.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I checked the forum and did not see any info on this, so I am making this post so people are aware of these benefits.

If you own three weeks or more in any combination with these Legacy* resorts managed by Grand Pacific Resorts, you are entitled to the following ownership benefits as part of the Legacy Preferred VIP Plan:

(*Legacy resorts are: Carlsbad Inn, Coronado Beach Resort, San Clemente Cove, Southern California Beach Club, and Villa L'Auberge)

* exchange into select resorts without daily resort fees

* upgrade your unit 30 days prior to check in based on availability with no additional cost

* $79 exchange fee through GPX (internal exchange program)

* deposit your week with GPX the day it starts with no fee or penalty

* enjoy 20% off select bonus weeks

* 10% off bonus time rates

NOTE: To take advantage of any of these benefits, such as the $79 exchange fee and discounted bonus weeks, etc., you need to call in to GPX. Also, for the 10% off bonus time, you need to call GPX and not your home resort.

NOTE: Double-check on the no daily resort fees on exchanges. I think it applies to all GPR-managed resorts and not simply the Legacy resorts, but I could be mistaken.

Also, I wanted to share that all GPR owners can deposit third-party intervals into GPX so long as they own at least one GPR managed resort. I recently discovered this owner benefit, as I really dislike using RCI for my non-GPR managed timeshares. So, now, I am using Hawaii Timeshare Exchange (HTSE) and GPX exclusively for my exchange needs and it is working out well for my needs.
I had been wondering about ability to deposit my Marriott Timber Lodge week with them. About ready to let go of Interval International after 20+ years.

Ddee555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn; San Clemente Cove, Coronado Beach Resort; Gaslamp Plaza Suites; Royal Aloha Vacation Club (RAVC)
b2bailey, you shouldn't have a problem depositing your Marriott week with GPX--so long as you own at least one week at a GPR resort. I deposited my RAVC week and that is certainly not Marriott. So, yours should be easily accepted.

Ddee555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Also, I want to add that Hanalei Bay Resort in Kauai, Hawaii, was recently added as a resort to the Legacy program. I found this out just now and I was pleasantly surprised that other resorts can be added to the program. It's a nice ownership benefit, so maybe more GPR resorts will join so other owners can have the advantages. I like the no daily resort fees and cheap exchanges.