• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Great deal with sketchy seller

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
So in a couple of hours this auction ends, currently at $4550 for 270 Boardwalk DVC points. It will go a bit higher of course, but this seller has had about 5 DVC auctions and they’ve gone from as low as $23 pp with a high of $60 pp.

This is absurdly low and $100 pp is closer to resale fair value.

The easiest thing in the world is to rent DVC points at $14-16....an hour on Mouseowners forum. So if you bought to rent with $6 per year mf you’d be net $8-10 and in the black in a few years and forever after cash flow.

Part of the reason is you would have to stumble upon the ad as it doesn’t appear with sensible searches for DVC sale. Also, that Disney is running 8% rofr and you’d think these would get picked up (the seller said they weren’t).

The other part is the seller/ad is sketchy, feedback questionable, seller inventory skews toward the mist highly sought properties, payment method not secure, ni title company listed, etc.

Great deal if you can verify not a scam.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Board...isney-Orlando-Florida-Timeshare-/152818950904

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
ROFR is going to be at about $95 per point. No point even bidding on this one.

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
It closed at $23 pp. Same seller had one go for that price on Old Key West in Oct and I as asked if ROFR was exercised they said no.

In between a sold Wilderness Lodge 220 was sold for a bit higher but buyer backed out for some reason.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't believe this guy for one second. Disney Vacation Club would definitely take this contract. They could turn around and resell it for $110 per point. This is just ridiculous!!!

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Are these 220-270 point DVC’s only good for Studios or 1/1’s? Doesn’t it take almost double these points for a 2/2 in high seasons (when kids are out of school)?

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
This deal does not seem possible for the buyer to successfully buy this, I would run away from this deal!

Last edited:

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
Are these 220-270 point DVC’s only good for Studios or 1/1’s? Doesn’t it take almost double these points for a 2/2 in high seasons (when kids are out of school)?
Basically, 2 bedrooms are about 280% of the price of a studio in terms of points, 1 bedrooms are about 200% of the price of a studio. You can use points for either studios, 1 and 2 bedrooms. A 2 bedroom unit during Christmas week or Easter will run between 420-500 points.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
Basically, 2 bedrooms are about 280% of the price of a studio in terms of points, 1 bedrooms are about 200% of the price of a studio. You can use points for either studios, 1 and 2 bedrooms. A 2 bedroom unit during Christmas week or Easter will run between 420-500 points.
Thanks!

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Back to the OP it is an impossibility that Disney Vacation Club will not take points back at $23 or $60 or anything near those prices. This is akin to a moonshot in a bottle rocket

Cropman

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is akin to a moonshot in a bottle rocket
So, just an update. I took the moonshot. I didn't lose, but came close. Originally, after I won the auction, they told me 12-16 weeks to close and that AmEx would provide protection if they were scamming me. I put it on my card for the protection. VP Title was the closing company. Never answered the phone, slow to respond to emails, all the usual. We went beyond 60 days and they said, any day now. I called AmEx to find out how long they would protect me. This I didn't know, 60 days normally, but up to 90, depending on circumstances. I put in the fraud alert right away. AmEx was great. Refunded me the charge and if I would have had any interest, that also. I haven't heard a peep from VP Title since then. I knew I was trying to catch lightning in a bottle. I figured I could protect myself. Just wanted to let everyone know how it ended up. Oh well, I took a shot.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear you didn't lose any money on this, Cropman. Other Tuggers haven't been so lucky with VP Title.

barrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear you didn't lose any money on this, Cropman. Other Tuggers haven't been so lucky with VP Title.

Exactly.
FYI - VP Title and I went back and forth with Amex after Amex first did the chargeback, finally I talked to a person at Amex who resolved it and finalized the chargeback.

These turkeys seem to be the latest incarnation of BCSRentals, etc.:
https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/bcsrentals-ebay-seller.229060/

Some background information on this whole scam, in case anyone else needs it (copied from one of my posts in that thread - updated links):

JK_World, BCS_Rentals, ABCExclusive_05, and Timesharconnection_0 as well as VP Title, LLC are all operated or owned by Stacey Gillaspie or his associates, in and around the Sevierville/Pigeon Forge area in TN.

Here's a good thread from redweek that has a lot of information about this scam:
http://www.redweek.com/forums/messages?thread_id=17822;page=2;query=

Here are the BBB complaints against VP Title, LLC. Some of these are very interesting reading...
https://www.bbb.org/knoxville/busin...geon-forge-tn-90018552/reviews-and-complaints

Here are the VP Title business listings with BBB (All "F")
https://www.bbb.org/en/us/search?fi...e,+TN&find_latlng=35.816996,-83.523831&page=1

- Barrey

(I'm still so ticked off that I had to waste so much of my time to get this resolved (In the end, thank the Maker for Amex), that I will make it a point to butt-in on any thread mentioning these people to alert the unwary...)

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
I had a Marriott Grand Chateau purchase on eBay completed with VP Title. Their communication was poor and it was a nail biter but it did close and I received the deed. Not saying their legitimate just adding my experience.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, just an update. I took the moonshot. I didn't lose, but came close. Originally, after I won the auction, they told me 12-16 weeks to close and that AmEx would provide protection if they were scamming me. I put it on my card for the protection. VP Title was the closing company. Never answered the phone, slow to respond to emails, all the usual. We went beyond 60 days and they said, any day now. I called AmEx to find out how long they would protect me. This I didn't know, 60 days normally, but up to 90, depending on circumstances. I put in the fraud alert right away. AmEx was great. Refunded me the charge and if I would have had any interest, that also. I haven't heard a peep from VP Title since then. I knew I was trying to catch lightning in a bottle. I figured I could protect myself. Just wanted to let everyone know how it ended up. Oh well, I took a shot.

In my estimation you did lose. With the information you received from us-- your smart move would have been to rescind as soon as the auction closed. There was no way Disney Vacation Club was going to let a contract for $22.50 per point fly for points that are selling for 8 times that amount for a BWV contract. You spent endless time, effort, and (almost) a lot of money to learn what we told you initially.

Last edited:

barrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another Update: The same people also run "Vacation Experts International" and here's their BBB listing (shocking, another "F").
This appears to be the upfront-fee "front end" where they get some of these timeshares.

https://www.bbb.org/knoxville/busin...evierville-tn-90019235/reviews-and-complaints

Currently (May 11th, 2018) Timesharconnection_0 has no active listings on eBay.
Will do some more digging to see if they resurface under another name.

-Barrey