TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  7. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Guests or Expired members? come back for free!

Discussion in 'About the Rest of TUG' started by TUGBrian, Apr 12, 2018.

1. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

Just tossing out an idea for guests and or expired members here on TUG.

If you have been on vacation in the past 12 months to a resort we havent had a review for in some time, but not submitted a review either because you dont have a TUG membership or its expired...we'd like to trade you for your review!

simply browse to the resort you could submit a review for here:

https://tug2.com/timeshare-resorts/?Top-Rated-Timeshare-Resorts&top=TUG

if you notice the resort you stayed in has a little gold tag on it saying Review Award Available, we will renew your membership or grant you a new trial membership to submit it!

The length of the membership will coincide with the quality of the review (anywhere from a week to 6mo, with the latter being an actual comprehensive review vs a single line or two about how great or terrible the stay was)

It is our hope that many of the guests or expired members here on TUG will have some vacation stories to share and in return can earn a free TUG membership!

If this interests you, simply shoot us an email at TUG@TUG2.NET and we will get you set up and look forward to reading your review!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018 at 2:59 PM
  2. chriskre

chriskre TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    DVC- SSR, Poly,
    Wyndham Las Cascadas
    HGVC Tuscany Village
    Bluegreen CMV UDI
    RCI pts at VVParkway
    Enchanted Isle resort.
    How long ago do you want the reviews?
    I see several I can do from 2-3 years ago.
    Is that too old?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AwayWeGo likes this.
  3. Luanne

Luanne TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

I'm not a guest, or expired, but I do have a couple of reviews, from this year, that I can submit that would qualify for awards. I'll do it when we get home from our current trip.

TUGBrian likes this.
  4. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc McAplin & Eagles Nest, Sunrise Bay, Hideaway Sands, Voyager, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan, Blue Ridge Village
    Great offer to keep those reviews coming.

TUGBrian likes this.
  5. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

would depend on the resort of course. if by chance they are more recent than what is provided by the existing reviews, im sure many would love to read them!

2-3 years in the realm of a timeshare isnt all that out of date, especially if the review contains information about renovations or new additions etc compared to previous reviews!

6. eschjw

eschjw TUG Member

Great idea Brian!

I got a call from a cousin yesterday and he had just stayed at a Bluegreen resort that has not been reviewed in over a year. He has never been to this site. I will suggest that he post a review and take advantage of your offer.

He called to tell me about his $20,000 purchase, but is following my advice to cancel. Once that is completed, he can join and use TUG to do his due diligence.

This offer reminded me that I might need to request the membership extension due for my review of Oyster Bay last year. This resort near Vero Beach had not been reviewed in many years and I don't think that I requested the extension reward. Thanks

TUGBrian and silentg like this.
  7. Luanne

Luanne TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Just submitted two. One for Maui Lea at Maui Hill and the other for the Coronado Beach Resort (just got back from there today). It looks like both are eligible for a reward.

TUGBrian likes this.
  8. pedro47

pedro47 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

I liked the idea Brian. I also would like to see the total number of Resort Reviews on the TUG website increase by thirty (30) to fifty percent (50%)
    and the TUG membership increase by thirty percent (30%) or over 100,000 members by the end of the year 2018.:clap:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    TUGBrian likes this.
  9. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

ha..im not sure a single post would result in those increases...but there were certainly a large number of reviews submitted on saturday as a result of the newsletter no doubt!

10. pedro47

pedro47 TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Brian, if all current members/users of TUG will just submit one timeshare review per year; TUG Resorts Review section will increase ten (10) folds.

TUG membership will increase because every timeshare resort in RCI & Interval International will be reviewed at some point in time.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 1:20 AM
  11. TUGBrian

TUGBrian Administrator

I dont disagree, it would truly be a wonderful thing to have every TUG member submit at least 1 review!