TUG MEMBERS: Joining TUG does not automatically register you as a user of the TUG Bulletin Board. You must register yourself.

*ads are disabled when logged in as a member*
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 24 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TUG started 25 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $10,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $10Million dollars
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. TUG is trying out a new program that will trade you a TUG membership for a Timeshare resort review if you are an expired member, or even just a guest here on the forums!

Read more here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
    Dismiss Notice
  9. A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
    Dismiss Notice

Gurney’s Inn surprised to see a trade RCI

Discussion in 'Exchanging Timeshares' started by Panina, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    I just got a September 2019 midweek 5 day trade thru the hgvc portal for Gurneys Inn for a ridiculously low point value of 1360. I know the newer owners board voted to buy out the remaining timeshare owners in March 2018 so I was surprised to see this trade.

Wonder if this will actually happen or RCI will cancel. This might be one of the last trades into Gurney. Has anyone else recently gone there or gotten a trade?

wackymother and mpumilia like this.
  2. MOXJO7282

MOXJO7282 Tug Review Crew: Rookie TUG Member

I hope it it happens for you as that would be a great time to be in Montauk. When I first got into TSing almost 20 years ago i was obsessed with trying to buy into Gurney's because I'm from the Hamptons but I could never find a market for them and of course the resort is being converted as you mention.

wackymother and Panina like this.
  3. Panina

Panina TUG Review Crew: Expert TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Hgvc Eagles Nest, Hgvc Surf Club, Hgvc Indian River, Hgvc Anderson, Sunrise Bay & Club, Chetola, Gulf Tides, Jade Tree Cove, Banyan Resort, Blue Ridge Village
    I traded in many times for many years as my first husband loved it so much. Ten years ago I got two weeks on ebay for free, a prime late spring week and a winter week. With the indoor spa and pool, it was close enough to NY , where I lived, to use and hubby wanted them.

I never got to use them as a few months after closing my husband unexpectedly passed. For a few years I ignored timeshares. It hurt too much to go. I was behind two years in mf and I must say the owners were nice. I paid my past mfs and the owners took my weeks back.

Going back will be bittersweet, sad and happy the memories of the past but something I feel I need to do.

mpumilia likes this.
  4. mpumilia

mpumilia TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    I didn't even realize Gurney's was still a timeshare.

5. mpumilia

mpumilia TUG Review Crew: Veteran TUG Member

Resorts Owned:
    Smugglers Notch Resort
    Innseason Pollard Brook
    I didn't even realize Gurney's was still a timeshare.

6. wackymother

wackymother TUG Member

Gurney's was one of the nicest places we ever stayed. Enjoy your visit!

happymum and Panina like this.